PDA

View Full Version : What chest protector with Leatt

Pappy
05-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Cody is having a terrible time using his Leatt. He finally has it where he loves it without a chest protector but cant seem to get it to work with what brands we have here.

What are you all using(brand) or what mods are you making to make it fit better

tyler70t
05-20-2009, 08:13 AM
HRP is good or a Rockgardn ( I know this works)

PhilMoore
05-20-2009, 08:33 AM
I use the THOR RIG SE.

I posted this over at another forum:
I recently purchased a Leatt Adventure Brace to wear during ATV MX racing.

I have had a Thor RIG SE body armor suit for two years. The RIG SE has a built in girdle/kidney belt.

It took me a couple hours of trial and error to get the Leatt to fit with the RIG SE. I had to use the "long" latch pins that came with it. I have it working and used the combo during my first MX of the season last night.

No problems at all while riding. Everything felt great, no binding or restriction during the race.

My equipment application sequence for the Leatt Adventure Brace and Thor RIG SE is as follows:

Long sleeve T shirt
Thor Rig SE zipped and buckled
Leatt Brace:
The Rig SE has a Velcro fastener at the top of the spinal guard. I peel open the Velcro and it creates a pocket for the Leatt thoracic assembly to slip down into.
Once the brace is on, I use the strap that came with the Leatt Adventure Brace to secure the front of the brace. The strap attaches to the front of the Leatt and wraps around my chest.

Lastly, I put on my jersey, and stretch the neck of the jersey around the upper portion of the Leatt Brace, and the jersey holds the brace down and keeps it from flopping or moving out of position.

It takes me about 5 minutes to suit up without any assistance.

So, if you are looking at getting a Leatt Brace, and you already have a Thor Rig SE, they will work very well together.

Cheers!

wvspeedfreak
05-20-2009, 10:44 AM
The Thor Force works well with the Leatt.It has the raised spine guard and the back of the Leatt fits down in it niceley.

859davidt
05-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Fly's chest protector works for my wife and I with our Leatt's.

859davidt
05-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Fly's chest protector works for my wife and I with our Leatt's.

kawabunga
05-20-2009, 12:25 PM
I've got a Thor chest protector that works fine with my Leatt. Have to put the chest protector on first then put the Leatt on piece by piece, works fine for me.

feuerstack411
05-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by kawabunga
I've got a Thor chest protector that works fine with my Leatt. Have to put the chest protector on first then put the Leatt on piece by piece, works fine for me.

same.

I usally run no chest protector with my leatt, but sometimes i borrow my friends spare Thor one.

Pappy
05-20-2009, 03:12 PM
This is Cody...Pap's computer won't let me log in.:ermm:

I have a Moose chest protector(not sure which model, but its the same one Dustin Wimmer runs.)

I can adjust the leatt where it feels good, but I can't move my arms around for corners, jumps, etc. The shoulder pads seem to be pushing down on my arms.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

300ex_#387
05-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Thor sentinel! It works perfect with the leatt and the shoulder pads are smaller and allow for much movement.

Pappy
05-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah...I seriously considered buying the Thor Sentinel, but with racing xc in the rocks and stuff, I really need more shoulder coverage. I also have a 661 pressure suit. Will the leatt brace work with the big spine guard in the back?

This is the chest protector I have now.

Pappy
05-20-2009, 04:10 PM
661 suit

ProspectorJim
05-20-2009, 04:11 PM
check out the zero 7 chest protector. Its made to be used with a neck brace. Its also got some very good reviews.

Sjorge450R
05-20-2009, 05:22 PM
pappy i run a sentinel and i LOVE it. Makes it so much easier to ride than with a full size chest protector.

Pappy
05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Okay...I think I fixed the problem. I adjusted the shoulder pads as far to the outside as I can and it gave me about another half inch of clearance. The problem was that every time I lifted my arms, (jump, corner, etc.) the inside edge of the shoulder pads would push against the leatt brace. People have told me I should trim it, but I don't want any sharp edges that can cut my arms up.

Does anyone know how to trim and still keep the inner foam pads?

ammohog01
05-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Fly makes a chest protecter now that is meant specifically for the Leatt Neck Brace.

eastside 400
05-21-2009, 05:07 PM
i use a under the jersey 661 protector Click (http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Moto.aspx?id=d7abccee-2cee-4b61-bcbd-6733b1bde49b&product=3b36e0e9-ecb6-4b4c-8a92-57c9083f1a9c)

i raced at a really rocky track a week ago and to my surprise i didnt feel a thing with this on. you cant even tell you have it on when you use it, i have a alpinestar brace and it works great