PDA

View Full Version : Faster than a Outlaw!

n811
05-20-2009, 07:19 AM
I went to a dealership to check out the 525 IRS Outlaw. I wondered how the IRS felt and what would a KTM 525 engine feel like? SO, I was not that impressed with the stock engine. My 408 will out pull it. I felt the power was there but it just would not come at you quickly. If you hit the throttle it would say "Well ok i guess I'll go" Made me wonder what it would do getting that stock pipe off of it? But I was also confused whether I needed a new ride and kinda feeling good about my quad. I want to get something that was water cooled and had reverse. Also more cc's wouldn't hurt either. The IRS was pretty cool! For trail riding I don't think you could beat it with a straight axle.

scuzz
05-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Keep in mind that those engines are so lean and corked up from the factory it's a wonder anyone bought them.

Add a filter, jetting and a slip on and just like the 400EX, they really haul butt.

Snipe
05-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Most quads are. Read up on the DS450's from what I have read they suck *** off the floor. But when you do a bit of modding they open up and do way better. I have riddin a stock 450'r and a modded stock sucked so bad I got back on my 400 and never got off.

Tommy Warren
05-20-2009, 09:58 AM
yeah both the ds and the outlaw are very congested but you can let them breath with some simple bolt ons and fine tuning.

deathcorefan2
05-20-2009, 10:09 AM
they are extremly corked up stock