PDA

View Full Version : Uni Filter

hoppyflier
05-20-2009, 06:55 AM
I just bought a UNI air filter just wondering how you are cleaning it and what oil are you using for it

Tommy Warren
05-20-2009, 10:05 AM
no toil makes a cleaning and oiling solution that works great that way you don't have gas and oil all over your hands. I prefer the spray on oil rather than the oil you submerge your filter in. the spray dries faster and it saves a big mess!

Scro
05-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Belray makes some great cleaning and oiling products for foam filters.

fastredrider44
05-20-2009, 10:42 AM
I clean mine in gas and oil them with Fab 1 or FFT (foam filter treatment) both from Maxima oils. Fab 1 is the spray. I just use whichever depending on how dusty it is. If its bad dusty, I soak 'em. I also have 4 filters on rotation so I let them build up before cleaning them all. Really saves a headache that wya.

hypersnyper6947
05-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I bought the UNI kit it comes with spray cleaner and spray oil in works well was pretty cheap and is easy to use.

ss440ex
05-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
no toil makes a cleaning and oiling solution that works great that way you don't have gas and oil all over your hands. I prefer the spray on oil rather than the oil you submerge your filter in. the spray dries faster and it saves a big mess!

X2 Great stuff!

RideRaceLive93
05-20-2009, 06:48 PM
the sray is design more for guages type filter like k and n and is not as thick and will will drip off and does not have good propeties to catch fine dust i do not remeber but there is a cleaning solution that will disolve the filter read revues on motorsport.com or rockymountain atv, but ive found belray filter oil to catch the dirt best

EDIT: and so you dont get oil on your hands go to the hardware or atou store and pick up some rubber gloves

hoppyflier
05-20-2009, 07:30 PM
I sure appreciate all the info. This gives me some options to think about. Way back in the 80's when I had 250R's we washed the filter with gasoline,let it dry then soaked it with whatever motor oil we had on the shelf then squeezed out the excess and put it on. I guess that is old school and the new filter oils work much better?

fastredrider44
05-20-2009, 07:42 PM
On K&N filters, I use K&N oil. Its not even close to same stuff as FAB 1. UNI is the only way to go on a fourwheeler though.