PDA

View Full Version : all the people with HID lighting

ae13291
05-20-2009, 12:23 AM
hey guys, since there is wayyy to many companies out there making HID kits for almost any application now, i was looking for some to put on the 400ex, i am willing to spend up to 100 bucks, but i want to find a kit that i wont be needing to replace the stator and i want to still have a hi beam and a low beam. is this possible? anybody out there have some recomendations for me? anybody know some good companies that sell em for quads?

supraloud84
05-20-2009, 05:35 AM
you wont be able to have hi/ lo beam unless you rewire the setup. I set mine up so 1 light is lo beam and both on is high beam. I dont really have any recommendations for a place to buy from. If you buy on ebay, make sure that there is some sort of warranty and check the sellers feedback

dunatic
05-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by ae13291
hey guys, since there is wayyy to many companies out there making HID kits for almost any application now, i was looking for some to put on the 400ex, i am willing to spend up to 100 bucks, but i want to find a kit that i wont be needing to replace the stator and i want to still have a hi beam and a low beam. is this possible? anybody out there have some recomendations for me? anybody know some good companies that sell em for quads?

Ive never seen a dual filament HID bulb before...if you find one, let us know.

Im running trail tech's on the bars and the 7" came from Schucks Auto Parts. The combo of all 4 lights only draw 50 watts....5 less then the stock halogen did

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193082/DSCN1373.JPG

scuzz
05-20-2009, 11:48 AM
You won't need hi beams with a HID kit.....