PDA

View Full Version : what do u guys think bout these replacement lights??

smokindw
05-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey guys i was surfing round the web and found this kit 2 replace the stock light and was wondering if any of u guys have these or what ya think bout them and also how much work would they take to install be4 i buy them!! Thanks 4 ur imput!!
http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/honda-sportrax-400ex-hid-lights-c-97_401/digital-hid-kit-slim-ballasts-p-209

bergoff
05-19-2009, 10:01 PM
they seem super bright. as long as you can keep it all dry it should work great. i have been wanting to get in to night riding again and have been thinking about lighting alot. if you do buy them let us know.

scuzz
05-20-2009, 08:15 AM
I have a buddy with them on his 700xx and he's gotten them totally muddy and wet with no issues yet:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k67/jeffrswope/700xx/HID%20Install/DSC06349.jpg

The light these throw make the stock bulbs look like some sort of c-cell flashlight that's been sitting in the kitchen drawer for about a year.

smokindw
05-20-2009, 10:01 AM
yeah they look really bright but i was just talking to a guy fro hid lights and he said on the 400 i would loose my high beam but he also said that they r so bright that i wont need it!! Is this true or not??

ae13291
05-20-2009, 10:07 AM
i really would like to get those HID's too, im sure the stock stator should power that system up. but my only concern is the high beams. i know there is HID kits out there that have high beam and low beam

scuzz
05-20-2009, 10:09 AM
You will lose your high beams, but you will never need them again.

These don't draw any more power than the stock bulbs EXCEPT on startup. You'll have to put a bigger fuse in for that, but other than that the draw is the same as your standard bulbs.

uchi
05-20-2009, 03:12 PM
you can get a dual kit. i have them in mu suv. the bulb slides in and out for hi and lo beam operation. just have to make sure you have the clearance for them in the housing. they work great too. are our stock bulbs a dual fillament bulb? if so youre gonn ahve to likely retrofit the bulb so see if you can get one to aim higher than the other. but as said above you wont need high beams. my low beams outshine most cars high beams

smokindw
05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
what size of fuse do u think that i will need??

scuzz
05-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by smokindw
what size of fuse do u think that i will need??

5 amps higher.