PDA

View Full Version : Guess I'm hooked

vindell
05-19-2009, 06:24 PM
ok, have the 70 running great, well Kool Kidz has the thing running great. koso head, clutch kit, keihn 20mm carb,koso reed's and intake as well as a drr pipe. Machine hit's hard after about 5 foot. Kid's are real happy! Corey is a kool dude. Question is, do I spend the money widening this machine or save for the next one. Have about 1200.00 in this one. will probly keep my 5 year old on this one for a year or two. A-arm's or spacers. Also front shock's.
My son is young and enjoying the ride as I did when young. Want the safest thing for him. A-arm's or spacer's.Money really isn't an issue. Don't want to sound like I'm loaded, just want a safe machine for him. Alot of power, Seem's to be unstable for the output I just paid for. Any help would be appreciated, Vince

JIM GRACE
05-19-2009, 08:58 PM
if it is the yellow and black quad in his garage from over the weekend, looks clean and probably very fast corey is good at that.

if you are going to be competitive in the class you need a drr no
doubt. if you want to have some fun make it wider, and teach your rider to lean in the turns and take it easy.

thats alot of motor for that width quad. our drr 70 is 44 inches
tire to tire in the front and brandon still gets it on two wheels in the turns.

vindell
05-20-2009, 03:57 AM
It is the black and yellow one. go with spacers?

Nichols Atvs
05-20-2009, 08:12 AM
I would talk to Cory about a DRR. use spacers for now and save for the DRR. jmo

JIM GRACE
05-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by vindell
It is the black and yellow one. go with spacers?

again to be competitive and run up front, tell cory to get a drr 70
ready to go for you.

To get your feet wet and have some safe fun, go with spacers.

but like you said,, your hooked.

JIM GRACE
05-20-2009, 08:47 AM
wait until you get bit by the drr bug

oldyeller
05-20-2009, 02:29 PM
The viper will handle much better and be much safer if you widen it out..We have 1 1/2 spacers on the rear and rims with more offset..The front has +3 arms so we are about 6 inches wider on the front and about 7 on the back..You don't have much invested in the bike so I would make it safe for your little guy to learn on..Be careful with that much power and a 5 year old....

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/frdnut/IMG_4945.jpg

vindell
05-20-2009, 03:22 PM
where do I get +3 arms. well before that answer, how much should I expect to pay? How bout spacer's, wher is the best place to get them from?

oldyeller
05-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I am sure you will get some specific answers from people on here but I bought all of my stuff from ebay or the classifieds section on this site....Alot of people part out their race bikes when they are done with them and you can get some good deals..The wheel spacers can be bought at any of the high performance parts dealers and you need the 4 X 110 bolt pattern...One thing to watch out for is the outside diameter of the spacer..The spacers I have would not fit inside the stock eton rear rims although they did fit fine on the front..That is why I switched to aftermarket rims which have a bigger opening than the stock wheels....

nordic quad
05-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Or get the stud spacers like CRJ
http://www.crjperformance.com/atvwhsp.html
If you want to bee fast get an DRR

OR ! If you want to be fastest get an APEX!

Andyman17dad
05-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Or......... try to find a DRR or Apex rolling chassis and put your motor in it?

jetmedic
05-22-2009, 06:29 AM
ck your pm box

tyler70t
05-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Theres a guy selling an 8" extended axle forr 100 bucks, I think it is under atv parts for sale ....then go to minis