PDA

View Full Version : My letter to ITP Tires

BikeSwimLaugh
05-19-2009, 05:42 PM
A couple weeks ago I decided to buy new tires for my quad. I sent an email to both Maxxis and ITP asking them which model tire would suit my needs.

Maxxis got back to me the very next day. ITP took over a week to respond. I've already ordered 4 new Maxxis tires since then AND found out that ITP is an American company. When I got ITP's email it was very brief, it was all of 6 words "I'd go with the Holeshot HD's"...whereas Maxxis took the time to explain which model and why.

This is my letter reply back to Pat at ITP:

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it came about a week too late. The people at Maxxis got back to me one day after I wrote them and I've already placed my order for four new tires. I only found out recently that ITP is an American company and Maxxis comes from abroad. I certainly would have bought from you instead had I heard from you sooner. Just go ahead and click 'delete'...I won't bring this to your supervisor's attention....but do me a favor; next time your sitting around talking about how work is slow and money is tight, remember how you only have yourself to blame. "Customer Service"....you may want to re-explore the concept. Good luck!

ccdhowell
05-23-2009, 09:03 PM
No room for misinterpretation there, nicely put. I started running Holeshots because they are made in the USA, but have continued to run the because they suit my needs. I'm sure you'll be happy with your Maxxis tires though, just put an American Flag decal on the front fender to make up for your unpatriotic purchase.

BikeSwimLaugh
05-23-2009, 11:01 PM
The guy actually responded to my email, he said he was out of town for a week and his email was not properly being forwarded. I apologized if I seemed cynical but explained (as the owner of my own company) that I've hired a lot of employees who, after a few weeks, start showing-up late, calling in sick and lolly-gagging on the job. I've grown resentful of lazy-locals who spend all their time complaining and yet won't do anything to make something happen.

ITP could develop a better and more user-friendly website and I think they should promote that they're an American company as well. I also find it hard to believe that only ONE guy runs the entire customer service email-response center; either way, they dropped the ball and lost a sale.

woodsracer144
06-28-2009, 08:43 PM
i like keepin my money in side the states but i dont like how ITP's tires hold up... i run then for a few laps and there no good... maxxis you can run all year and it doesnt matter.. they still are good to go...

BikeSwimLaugh
06-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Unfortunately that's the downfall of America....we make a piss-poor product and rely on fellow Americans to pay a premium for our patronage. Seems like every year less and less is made, done and produced here in the states. Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about it....not just condemning it.

woodsracer144
06-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by BikeSwimLaugh
Unfortunately that's the downfall of America....we make a piss-poor product and rely on fellow Americans to pay a premium for our patronage. Seems like every year less and less is made, done and produced here in the states. Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about it....not just condemning it.

Also to add to your piss poor America... I think the youth isnt doing their part... or alot of it... and also our parents... IMO none of the kids aorund me know what the hell they are doing when it comes to work... they all stand there with there heads up there asses goin huh? we have to do what... how do you do that again... i work on a farm and a girl asked what i was gonna do over the weekend and i said i gotta milk cows and do a ton of other crap... her reply was people milk cows... i was like where do you think we get milk from?... theres no want to work to earn anything because parents just hand things over and with the eco. like this i'm waiting to see what happeneds... theres on kid at my school who has his parnts cards maxed out...