PDA

View Full Version : Aads Help

BD444
05-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Well i just purchased a 400ex for 2K w/ holeshot XCR's all around with 90% tred, elka zero pre load w/ remote rezzi's up front, new swing arm (MADE TO OEM SPECS), renthal twin walls, dg bumper, race cut plastic, tether, AC nerfs w/ propegs, and a twist throttle. It also has a white bros e series and kn w/ outerwear which i took off.

I just ran a hare scramble last weekend w/ my quad back to complete stock with just nerfs, bars, bumper. (4th place) I did hare scrambles on bike the past 3 years on my XR400.

I have PRM skids on the way for my swing arm (.250) and chassis (.190). I am also gam having my shocks revalved and done by GT thunder.

Next I want to work on widedenig the quad. I know get a-arms before axle. But how wide should i go. I hear +1 arms in the way to go and a +2 axle for this, but how big off a difference will i see. I am new to quads and raced my XR stock. I need to get bead locks so any recommendations there? Will the offset be enough to give me the extra stability? What offset do you reccomend?

FInally, my motor is somewhat worn. I planned on getting it rebuilt anyway when i bought it. Any recommendations here and a approximate cost for rebuilding it by a reputable builder? (GT Thunder, FST, or Baldwin) I am thinking of getting an XR 400 cam in it and sparks key for my only ups bc reliablity is my main concern.
THANKS GUYS