PDA

View Full Version : People with choke removed>>>

F-16Guy
05-19-2009, 08:13 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=397094

bigd's ex
05-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Just wondering why your're going to put the choke back in ? I removed mine, but somehow it got tossed, or I would have just given it to ya. Was you having problems with it out, or just want to put it back in ?

Red02EX
05-19-2009, 08:43 AM
I think I still have everything when I took mine off a few weeks ago, I'll go look here in a second. If so, I'll send it to you.

Red02EX
05-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Well, I don't have everything there, so I guess I can't help you out, sir.

F-16Guy
05-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks for looking anyway, I appreciate it. I want to put the choke back on because my quad sits quite a bit :( , and it's hard to start when I want to ride it. Any extra power just isn't worth it to me at this point. I'm getting old and lazy, and I don't want to fight with my quad to get it fired up.

RIDEREDson
05-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm wanting to do this mod. Dont a 42 pilot help out in starting? Is it a piece of cake to remove the choke also?

Snipe
05-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Easy way of firing it up from cold start. Put in nuetral, cranki once or twice. Then stop and just pump the throttle 3 or 4 times crank again should fire right up then just let it idel for a min or two to warm up.

F-16Guy
05-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, it does okay if I ride it a lot, but I have a 2 year old with another on the way, a full time job, and Reserve duty one weekend a month, so I don't have much time right now. When it sits for extended periods, it gets hard to start, and I'd rather just have the choke and not have to worry about it. Priorities change when you get older, and I don't really have anyone to compete with, so I don't need that 1/4 of a horsepower.

bigd's ex
05-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Thanks for looking anyway, I appreciate it. I want to put the choke back on because my quad sits quite a bit :( , and it's hard to start when I want to ride it. Any extra power just isn't worth it to me at this point. I'm getting old and lazy, and I don't want to fight with my quad to get it fired up.

I feel your pain brother. BTW " THANK YOU " for your service !!!!!!

RIDEREDson, here ya go.

http://www.atvriders.com/articles/choke400ex.html

F-16Guy
05-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by bigd's ex

RIDEREDson, here ya go.

It's my pleasure. It's really a way of life full of really good people. When I got off active duty, I knew I wanted to stay in and serve in some capacity.

smelly$cat
05-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Do you have an aftermarket CDI box by chance? I have one on my 440. I have no choke as well. With the aftermarket CDI (White bros), it's a total beeoch to start. I have the stock CDI mounted up on the bike as well (both wired in). So, when she's been sitting for weeks, I just switch the connectors over to the stock CDI and it always starts right up. Once it's warm, I shut it down and switch back over to the White Bros CDI. Then it's good for the weekend, or however long my trip is. It's just when it sits for weeks/months between rides that it is hard to start on the aftermarket CDI. I also think my questionable battery plays a part in this as well.

F-16Guy
05-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Nope. Factory CDI.

bergoff
05-19-2009, 10:25 PM
thanks for your service. and i know about the quad sitting with little kids. that why my choke is still on. i ride alot in the winter and dont want to mess with it.

RIDEREDson
05-20-2009, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by bigd's ex

RIDEREDson, here ya go.

Thanks man.. looks like a breeze

bigd's ex
05-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson
I'm wanting to do this mod. Dont a 42 pilot help out in starting? Is it a piece of cake to remove the choke also?

If you do this mod, I know someone who is in need of one. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :devil:

F-16Guy
05-20-2009, 08:07 AM
[cough cough] :chinese:

bigd's ex
05-20-2009, 08:41 AM
[cough cough] :chinese:

LMAO :D How did you know I was talking about you ? HA HA

F-16Guy
05-20-2009, 11:01 AM
A little Chinese guy told me. :cool:

bigd's ex