PDA

View Full Version : Chad Reed running outdoors!!

jesseweaver
05-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Check out this Racer X interview with Chad Reed....

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/5-minutes-with-chad-reed-ama-nationals.aspx

Looks like he's gonna run the whole series. anyone hear anything about stewart lately?? i kinda have a feeling he might run the series to cause i KNOW he doesn't want to be beat by reed in anything. i hope he does....

should be a GREAT season regardless, i think the top 5 or so overall in points at the end of the year are gonna be REALLY close. unless of course bubba runs every race.... but with reed, RV, jLaw, alessi plus a few others, its gonna get real good.

yfzrider310
05-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Might as well change the title to Reed and Stewart running outdoors cause thats what its gunna be. No way will Stewart hand a title to Reed. Should make for some good racing.:macho

Extremeracer167
05-18-2009, 11:03 PM
stewart will own reed in outdoors. reed should stick with the SX. He will do nothing but ruin his confidence. Kind of like Mcgrath did, they are both more indoor riders. in my opinion

BlaineKaiser450
05-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
stewart will own reed in outdoors. reed should stick with the SX. He will do nothing but ruin his confidence. Kind of like Mcgrath did, they are both more indoor riders. in my opinion yeah i agree

SRH
05-19-2009, 01:19 AM
what are you guys talking about mc won a outdoors championship , just to prove he could do it, his heart wasnt into that tho so first chance he got he went sx only

stewart is officially racing outdoors? i thought san manuel didnt have a team for outdoors?????? link to it

stewart doesnt care if reed wins something hes not entered i think you guys are taking there rivalry a bit far....

id like to see stewart out doors him, villpoto, jlaw be a good series

TWISTED
05-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by yfzrider310
Might as well change the title to Reed and Stewart running outdoors cause thats what its gunna be. No way will Stewart hand a title to Reed. Should make for some good racing.:macho

Don't count Villapoto out..... He's got Reed covered for sure.....

dehner47
05-19-2009, 09:49 AM
its going to be a great season. if chads as focused as he was in the begginning of the sx season, he's gonna be a tough dude to beat. villipoto is gonna be on the gas for sure. but remember, he's still young and willing to take risk's to make things happen. and sometimes that ends with someone taking a dirt nap. he just needs to be consistant. not the fastest. cause there is going to be a few guys that can take home some wins this year. gonna be good.

Now, lets not everyone could out good old mike alessi. he was the only dude to give JS a run for his $$$ last season. hell, he even pased him a few times when james would try to make a move. that speaks volumes in the sx/mx world. you know your a bad dude when you can pass james stewart back after he just got done passing you and making you look like a chump.

and, lets please not count out JLAW. he might possibly be staying on a 450 the whole outdoor season. you guys think he showed speed and skill during his sx stent. just wait to see what he can do outdoors. kid has no fear with a whole lot of talent.

BRING ON GLEN HELEN!!!!!

Ellingsoc26
05-19-2009, 09:53 AM
I really dont want JS out doors b/c then he will smoke everyone again. RV and alessi have a shot at beating him but i cant see them beating him every race.

cosinostra
05-19-2009, 11:25 AM
There's a video floating around of Stewart riding a track that is definatly a MX track (testing for MX season).. Long fast with few jumps... Surely Yamaha will find a way to have him out there...

madskrillz2
05-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Has everybody forgot that Reed is awful outdoors?

dehner47
05-19-2009, 01:53 PM
he may be awful compaired to ricky or james. but i garentee his gets a few overall wins this year. especially since he's riding that suzuki like a mad man. a dude with nothing to prove, but everything to prove is a dangerous dude. if that makes any sence. haha

madskrillz2
05-19-2009, 02:09 PM
As long as Villapoto or Bubba is out there he won't get an overall. Maybe some top 5's

TWISTED
05-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
As long as Villapoto or Bubba is out there he won't get an overall. Maybe some top 5's

I wouldn't be so quick to say that..... I'm not a Reed fan but he's EXTREMELY consistent.......... Plus he's got a TON of heart....

madskrillz2
05-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah he's consistent I'll give you that, but he's just never been good outdoors. I guess we'll just have to see if he's any better.

ROLLIN
05-19-2009, 08:21 PM
i heard stewart was testing for outdoors but it wasn't released that he'll be racing this summer yet. bet he does. oh and windom's on a 250. something about that seems cool. guess i'm just old-school. go vets

D Bergstrom
05-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Has everybody forgot that Reed is awful outdoors?

When he did race outdoors, I think he was usually in third place, while Ricky and James were first or second. I would call third behind those two far from awfull.

Doug

madskrillz2
05-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
When he did race outdoors, I think he was usually in third place, while Ricky and James were first or second. I would call third behind those two far from awfull.

Doug

That was all the way back in 04. I don't think he's even finished a season since then.

D Bergstrom
05-19-2009, 10:52 PM
That was all the way back in 04. I don't think he's even finished a season since then.

Here are some stats:

http://www.amasupercross.com/riders/Bio.aspx?id=502375

The last season he raced a full year was 2004, after that it looks like he just raced part time in motocross, even then he still had some podium finishes. The last motocross race he did was in 2007 and he finished on the podium. I would still say he is far from awfull outdoors.

Point is, if James does not race, Chad will be a contender for the title. (If James races, they might as well not even have the season and give James the #1 plate now!) Besdies, Chad does have one of the best in his corner, Roger DeCoster.

Doug

madskrillz2
05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
Besdies, Chad does have one of the best in his corner, Roger DeCoster.

Doug

This is definitely true. His new team should help out a lot.

muddy400EX
05-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by ROLLIN
i heard stewart was testing for outdoors but it wasn't released that he'll be racing this summer yet. bet he does. oh and windom's on a 250. something about that seems cool. guess i'm just old-school. go vets

wait... a 250 2-stroke, or running 250 lites?

dehner47
05-20-2009, 09:52 AM
he was thinking of running in the lites class aboard a factory connection crf250. he should hall *** with that bike. with kevis style and skill along with that beast of a bike, he should give the young bucks a good run. thats if he decides to actually run. we'll see in a few days.:D

oh, and speed will be showing the race with same day coverage. not live coverage. but same day. they will be airing it at 9pm easter time on speed.

DP #000
05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
does it start this weekend?