PDA

View Full Version : Reed spacer?

JDMThoughts
05-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Just curious to know where exactly the spacer should be installed. Should it be installed between the motor and the reed assembly, or should it be installed between the reed assembly and the factory intake manifold? A new set of VForce reeds are being installed at the same time. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Also does anyone have a diagram that illustrates the inside of a carb and it's parts for a Blaster.

jfarcticman
05-18-2009, 11:05 PM
if ur getting vforces u dont need the spacer but it goes between the jug and ur reeds i beleive

headache
05-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Yes put it between the jug and the reeds.

kingdingaling
06-11-2009, 02:27 PM
The spacer goes between the cylinder and reeds for more bottom end power. From what I've been told putting it between the reeds and intake will increase top end. My brother just switched his spacer around for more top end but he also stacked 2 base gaskets, shaved the head, and I raised the exhaust port by about .050". The difference was night and day! I don't know how much was due to the spacer, but it was definitely a lot faster in a drag race. It might be worth trying it both ways to see which one you prefer. And you should be able to find a diagram at www.babbitsonline.com

kennedy_power
07-02-2009, 10:09 AM
I would not suggest using a reed spacer, the extra crank case volume will hurt power.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennedypower

dunatic
07-02-2009, 11:26 PM
if you are going to run a spacer at all (someone has told you it's the end to all to have), place it between the reeds and intake boot, spacing your carb back.

By placing it againts the motor, you are reducing your crank case compression ratio and will hurt bottom end power (and these lil bikes need all they can get).

it's a waste of money on a blaster due to their relatively low vacuum pressure.