PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket swingarm for XC?

ccdhowell
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I've read very little about using aftermarket swingarms for XC racing. I have an '07 Raptor 700 that is set-up pretty well for XC racing, but have heard from a former Raptor racer that changing the swingarm is a big help. I don't really understand how chaning stock length for stock length, aluminum for chromoly steel is a help for XC racing. Could someone explain this to me?

I've really done everything else and am still searching for that "magic" set-up for my Raptor. Is a chromoly swingarm my holy grail?

I'd probably get a Lonestar swinger like this one: click here (http://www.lsracing.com/yamaha-raptor-700_swing-arm-yamaha-raptor-700.html)

BlaineKaiser450
05-18-2009, 11:06 PM
I dont think it would really help if you just got a swingarm. An aftermarket shock, link, and swinger would DEFINATLY help a ton though.

ccdhowell
05-19-2009, 05:17 AM
I already have the GT Thunder rear XC linkage and a Works Black Widow set up for XC racing. It is a nice setup, just wondering if the stronger swingarm is a big help, I've read that it makes a bigger difference than you'd think.

BakerRacing40
05-19-2009, 06:41 AM
some of it is in your head but everything suspension help more than you'd think. another think to look at is that is 700 bones... what could you get for 700 bucks that you need more frequently ? extra air filters, grips, a set of bars, a steer stem (burgards are like 185 with the clamp this month i think), tires, goggles, brake lines, water pack... depending on what you already have you can have a lot of handy extras instead of something small keeping you out of the race... just my thought but if your wallet is fat go for it