PDA

View Full Version : What's the best tires for the coal hills in PA?

moonman
05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Wondering what the most durable tires for running the coal hills of Reading Anthracite?

BlasterBTW
05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
realtors

http://cdn-9.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/ronniesmailorder/puresports_realtor200_thumb.jpg

Mxjunkie
05-18-2009, 06:55 PM
True that!! turn them suckers around and roost the piss out of your friends lol They are like mini shovels lol :devil:

Razr 2's work really good if you take a grooving tool and cut the thread across like a holeshot.. The sad part is the coal is so hard it rounds the damn thread off..

Or you could run these..... :blah:

dan harris
05-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Its been a long time since I've ridden the coal hills, but I always ran the pure sport realtors. They are awesome diggers and are almost flat proof. They are definately heavy and take some motor to get them spinning, but if they won't get you up the hill, then you shouldn't be climbing it.

ROLLIN
05-18-2009, 08:07 PM
we always sided with the stock radials. light weight was nice to get spinning up the hillclimbs. plus now you can get new take offs cheap.

quadracer707
05-19-2009, 07:14 AM
The Heavest tire ply you can handle, my son goes out there at least twice a week to practice, & always comes back with a slow leak. Take a lot of plugs along with too.
Remember this is memorial weekend & hundreds will be coming out, PLEASE if you cant climb the hill dont, were your helmet, & no more then 2 on a quad at a respectable speed.
Last year 2 people were life lifted out 1 died & the other was hurt pretty bad, WHY!!!!!! no helmets & riding way over your head.

Also please please please pick up your garbage along with any others garbage when leaving, remember this is our back yard riding facility's.

Respect the town you come in to get food & beer & drinks, the town does want to cooperate with the riders & this weekend will see if the get tougher with cop patrols or let it lax,

Ken

moonman
05-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies and good advice & recommendations.

Hey Mxjunkie what kind of paddles 'ya got on the red quad in the pic?
Holy Cow, they look like they came off of some kind of an amphibious vehicle!
They look super heavy & durable

KXRida
05-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Pirelli Scorpions ;) haha

There is a guy in our riding group running realtors and he seems to do pretty well with them.

RATPACK Z400
05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Mud Machines! work the best for coal hills IMO!

mittman
05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I love my maxxis razr 2's They hook up well in all kinds of terrain

JForestZ34
05-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Are you guys going out by Tower City? Make sure you wash that crap off as soon as possible.. That stuff is nasty....

James