PDA

View Full Version : Latrobe Ax

ProspectorJim
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Who has been there? I'm going this weekend and I'm wondering what the track is like. Do they only have an arenacross track or do they have an mx tracks as well?

ROLLIN
05-18-2009, 08:17 PM
ax only. although he was trying to add on to it last year. i'm usually not negative with tracks cause i know how much work it takes to make and maintain them, and then it seems like everyone complains. so with that said, i don't like the track. the jumps are terrible. i dont think there is one that i like. there's no air-time but you land hard, go figure. broke my 20hr swinger there. if you're around pitts. try switchback, if youre east try breezewood. also pantherhollow has quads

ProspectorJim
05-18-2009, 08:36 PM
I was at switchback last weekend and loved it. Their MX track is so much fun. I can only go to switchback every other weekend though, because of how far away it is for me.
Latrobe is the closest track to my house, so I'll probably be going there in between going to switchback. I've never been to Latrobe, so I was wondering what I should expect. I guess I'll find out this weekend.

ProspectorJim
05-18-2009, 09:22 PM
I'll be on a Ds450. I'm in trafford which isn't too far away, maybe 40-45 minutes away. I'm going up with my brother(on his 144sx) and my dad.
I'm probably going to look like a goon, I've only been on a track a couple times.

outacontrol
05-19-2009, 06:49 PM
well as you can see, i live in latrobe. Been to latrobe ax many times. ONLY reason i go is because its 5 mins from my house. It kills me to pay $25 to ride there. It is probably a great track for pit bikes or a guy just starting out riding a track, but anyone who has been to breezewood, switchback etc, will not enjoy latrobe. the guy who owns it is a nice guy, but just doesnt really have making jumps figured out. My guess is if your driving 45 mins to ride there, you will be driving home disappointed..

outacontrol
05-20-2009, 05:10 AM
ya thats cool, anytime you can get on a track is fun, just some a lot more than others..

KXRida
05-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by ROLLIN
ax only. although he was trying to add on to it last year. i'm usually not negative with tracks cause i know how much work it takes to make and maintain them, and then it seems like everyone complains. so with that said, i don't like the track. the jumps are terrible. i dont think there is one that i like. there's no air-time but you land hard, go figure. broke my 20hr swinger there. if you're around pitts. try switchback, if youre east try breezewood. also pantherhollow has quads

Last I heard Panther hollow closed down. I know they're not doing any races this year. I talked to the clites not too long ago and they were entertaining the idea of just making in a practice track.

As for the latrobe ax... I went there once and I'll never go back again. IMO that track was a waste of my time and money. Not to be a downer, but for an hour and a half drive no way was it worth it. It's been a while since I've been out that way so I think this summer I might hit up plum creek, switchback and Hi voltage.

outacontrol
07-13-2009, 03:47 PM
sorry to dig up an old post, but you guys that live close to latrobe. just found out that pittsburgh raceway park ( the dragstrip) in new alexandria just built three motocross tracks, one is for quads. They are having a grand opening on saturday to ride there. come check it out, might be a cool local place to ride...
http://pittsburghracewaypark.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

KXRida
07-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
sorry to dig up an old post, but you guys that live close to latrobe. just found out that pittsburgh raceway park ( the dragstrip) in new alexandria just built three motocross tracks, one is for quads. They are having a grand opening on saturday to ride there. come check it out, might be a cool local place to ride...
http://pittsburghracewaypark.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

hmm I may have to check that out sometime...