PDA

View Full Version : Anti fade brake hub

mpblaster287
05-18-2009, 12:20 PM
I bought an anti fade brake hub for my 450r off a guy on here and he said it was for a 450r but its got 4 mounting points for the rotor not 3 like the stock one which leads me to believe that its off of either a 400ex or a 250r. My question is, can I use this if I get a brake rotor for a 400 or 250? I know if fits on my axle and everything but will I run into problems with rotor clearence in the caliper? Thanks

Scro
05-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Have you tried contacting the guy? I wouldn't try to rig anything because of his mistake. You would want the outside diameter of the rotor to be the same, and the whole pads needs to be in contact with the rotor. Another thing you have to think about is the position, side to side of the hub when you have it mounted on the axle. If it changes it any, the rotor won't line up with the caliper.

I know 400ex's have 3 bolts, not sure about the 250r.

EDIT: Did some searching, and apparently 250r's do have 4 bolts. I would get your money back if he advertised it as a 450.

mpblaster287
05-18-2009, 05:23 PM
I took a look at my cousins 400 and it has 4 but the pattern is way bigger im pretty sure ist off a 250r. The only problem is I got it on here last year knowing I would eventually use it in my build and I havent seen the guy I bought it off of in awhile. He sold my cousin a set of bad hipers too so.....i dont htink ill get anywhere with that. Thanks for your info tho.