PDA

View Full Version : front end swap

mxpimp2000
05-17-2009, 08:50 PM
i just sold my JB long travel front end (old style) and AXIS front shocks (old style seal heads) and got a good deal on a GIBSON long travel front end with ELKA shocks.

anyone think i made a good decision? ive been reading and looks like i did that gibson a walsh are the best u can buy.

another ? is the adjustability in the arm idk how to set it up properly. the heims on the upper a arms that mount at the frame im guessin caster adjustment but there is no camber adjustment for the upper a arms how cam i adjust camber?

Ride1Rob
05-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Only you can asnwer if you made a good choice. How much did you sell your old setup compared to how much you bought the new one for. Also, if it doesn't make you faster on the bike or more comfortable I'd think it was for nothing. I do remember you having issues with your old setup though so if that was still the case it probaby was a good choice.

05-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
Only you can asnwer if you made a good choice. How much did you sell your old setup compared to how much you bought the new one for. Also, if it doesn't make you faster on the bike or more comfortable I'd think it was for nothing. I do remember you having issues with your old setup though so if that was still the case it probaby was a good choice.

His problem was cause the swinger though.
How much did you sell and buy for?

tedwilley
05-18-2009, 09:36 PM
The heims on the upper arms adjust the caster, but do affect the camber.
After setting the caster, you finish setting the camber with the upper ball joints where they attach to the arms.

mxpimp2000
05-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Nova
His problem was cause the swinger though.
How much did you sell and buy for?

pretty much a even deal sold and bought for same price