PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Sparks Bolt on Kit

Drtridr18
11-18-2001, 02:34 PM
Does anybody have the "bolt on kit" from Sparks? Sounds like a pretty good setup, filter, airbox mods, advance key, rev box(which i prolly won't use), and the x6 complete pipe for like around 675?

Is the X-6 pipe super super loud? I like rumble, but i don't want it to be "Cobra" kinda loud and give me earaches. Also what about a spark arrestor setup for it? It's not one of those supertrapp disc types is it? I don't really care for that raspy sound of the discs, i like the IDSII model, but only cause the discs are inside.

Thank you for your help!

Dave400ex
11-18-2001, 04:57 PM
The kit price is the same as buying everything seperate. So if you don`t want the Rev Box, then just buy everything else.

I emailed Sparks and they said the Spark arrestor changes the tone of the exhaust and makes it just a bit quieter.

kabd69667
11-18-2001, 06:00 PM
Sparks is coming out w/ like some kind of a core for it. They said it made the raptor pipe a lot quieter w/ no power loss. I bet it would take some power away though. It's going to be around $50 to get one. The reason why I didn't order one is that you have to take out the rivets in that back of the exaust and then put new rivets in. So it would be a hassel to take it out

Dave400ex
11-18-2001, 07:33 PM
Rather than being really loud it is a great exhaust. I`m still trying to figure out which exhaust I want.

honda4life
11-20-2001, 12:36 PM
Mine is definately loud! But I love the pipe!

blusteel1
11-20-2001, 02:34 PM
i have the entire bolt on kit and abslutely love it. the pipe isnt that bad when riding it but the person behind you wont appreciate the noise. the rev limiter makes a helpful difference to me. the only thing i dont think is needed is the airbox mod. i bought it,but its just a cheap design. i run the lid off with a uni filter. those of you with k&n's just slap on an outerwhere. and when i rejeted my carb it still runs fine when i put the stock lid on it,for the occasional mud ride. it may richen it up a bit but wont hurt anything. just my opinion