PDA

View Full Version : Michigan racers

Pages : [1] 2

kimv
05-17-2009, 02:54 PM
We just bought our son a drr90 and he wants to race. Curious as to what tracks out there are the best and how much competition there is. We go to Big Air in Newaygo and there is maybe one mini quad racing, it's no fun when you cant race anyone. Thanks!

pnbsdad
05-17-2009, 07:01 PM
where do you live? checkout michiganquadracing.com they have all the d14 races or try mpxracing.com it is a nice trac also

bulldogfallon
05-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Kim--Email tomorrow and I will get you a few racers contact info to get you started and also keep your mini on the track.

Good guys that can help with the wrenching if needed

kimv
05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
We are near Grand Rapids. thanks for the websites!

gary-i will email you tomorrow, thanks!!

Kim

quadscrib
05-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Well unfortunatly you just missed an EXCELLENT weekend of racing (and close to you) at Portland Trail Riders in Portland Michigan on the all new PTR mini facility but theres another coming 7/25-7/26 but also as pnbsdad stated look at www.michiganquadracing.com, www.portlandtrailriders.com, or google michigans district 14 website for info..OR contact me and Ill do all I can to help you out the best I can.
I did learn this weekend that there is a "90 limited stock" class that races 90 beginners on the mini tracks and then "90 production" that races on the big tracks.
yesterday was round one of the Michigan ATV MX Championship series and we had at least 30-35 minis. The 70 production class is really hot!!!! We really hope to see you !!!!!!

heres a schedual: http://www.michiganquadracing.com/documents/2009ATVChampionshipMXSeriesSchedule.pdf

We use ATVA rules.

quadscrib
05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
One update that I would like to add... we MIGHT be having another (non championship) race on June 13th (a saturday).
Ill try to let you know here.
I do recomend visiting the ATVA rules to make sure your rider and machine fit a class. If you come to PTR Ill do what I can to find a place for your kid to race... and you are in DRR country here!!!

kimv
05-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks quadscrib! yes please let us know about the June13th race at Portland. He would be running in the stock 90 class. So then the next race for points would be at Bay Racing?

Thanks!
Kim

DAVYS DAD
05-19-2009, 04:48 AM
hi kimv welcome to the FAMILY most all atv racers in mi are great people and would love to help with any of your needs. how old is your son,i have two little ones racing one in the 50 limited the other in 70 cvt we hit all d-14 races and a few glmx races hope to see ya at the races. yes bay racing is the next d-14 points race and 90 limited is ran on the little track, but there is no year end points for 90 limited,there will be trophies at the end of each racefor your son but no year end awards if you need any help or any questions just ask we are all willing to lend a hand (or part)

Later

quadscrib
05-20-2009, 05:34 AM
We WILL be holding QUAD MX races 6/13 at PTR!! Stay tuned for what part of the day (Portland runs a morning and afternoon program) but ALL big and mini quads (and dirtbikes) are welcome!!!
www.portlandtrailriders.com

kimv
05-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Thanks for letting me know quadscrib! Do you have any pics of the mini track at all? The website doesnt show much. We are heading up to Big Air this weekend so he can get some practice in.

Kim

quadscrib
05-20-2009, 06:42 AM
I do not have any pics of the track right now. I can tell you there are lots of twists and turns, jumps, double-double, and lots of elevation changes!!! And its all new as of 1 1/2 weeks ago!
Oh I must also add that the track is VERY wide and passing is easy!!!

wileeviper
05-20-2009, 09:01 AM
I also want to welcome Kimv and family to the quad racing group. We are also somewhat newcomers to the scene and have been overwhelmed with kindness and support from folks that hardly know us. It is a great bunch of people, and you have already heard from a few of them (quadscrib and Davys Dad).

You may also look into Great Lakes MX, they offer some additional races, many on your side of the state. Most do not conflict with D-14 races you may want to attend. It is just another opportunity to run with some mini quad kids. Have fun, hope to meet you sometime.

quadscrib
05-20-2009, 11:07 AM
DONT LISTEN TO THIS CRAZY LADY!!! There is only District 14 here! Not sure the "Great Lames" thing shes referring to....
Joking, Im a Dist. 14 guy so I just have to give some greif..lol
Yes there are two series' in michigan but District 14 had 80 quads at our last event!!!! (Portland last Sunday).:D
Hope we arnt overloading you..lol

wileeviper
05-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Quadscrib, I thought I might get a response from you on that one ;) So when do those Portland people report the race results for the quad folks? Seems as though they only report on the bikes......HOLY COW!! 80 quads - that's awesome. Also, the mini track was sweet.

kimv
05-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow, 80!! So will you guys also be going to BayRacing?
Davys Dad- Our son, Wyatt will be 10yrs old at the end of August. He will be racing in the 90 stock class. Do any of you know anyone else that races that class?
Also thanks for welcoming us! Should be fun! He cant wait!

Kim

wileeviper
05-20-2009, 11:59 AM
We are planning on racing at Bay. Hope to see you there.

quadscrib
05-20-2009, 12:50 PM
That is 80 between big and mini quads.

DAVYS DAD
05-20-2009, 03:35 PM
i dont know of any 90limited stock racers. i know there are lots of 90 production and 70cvt racers. My family and i will be at bay, its a good track. think we will go to dutch this weekend if they changed the mini track, i talked to the owners lastnight they said they were working on it this week so it should good. if not we may go to cadillac and practice my kids need all they can get.
need help with anything let me know :D

later

quadscrib
05-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by wileeviper
Quadscrib, I thought I might get a response from you on that one ;) So when do those Portland people report the race results for the quad folks? Seems as though they only report on the bikes......HOLY COW!! 80 quads - that's awesome. Also, the mini track was sweet.
Brandy where you looking for results? When I go to the PTR results page it just relinks me to D14 site which never has quads.

wileeviper
05-20-2009, 05:25 PM
O.K. maybe I have been spoiled. The GLMX races usually have all the info posted using TrackSide software within a couple of days, and they list all the classes, not just the bike classes. If they offer a year end award in a class, then they post the points for all classes, bikes and quads. I certainly do not know what goes into getting this information entered, so I probably should not get snarkly about it.:ermm:

DAVYS DAD
05-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Please dont get snarky MRS Miller:blah: thats BOBS job:macho LOL

later

wileeviper
05-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Dang, Davy's Dad, you are right, the snarklyness must be rubbing off on me! Yikes. I'll try to keep it in check :p

kimv
05-20-2009, 08:09 PM
This stufff is so confusing, what is the difference between 90 stock and 90 production? Ive read the rules and understand the stock and modified class but not production.
We have our own practice track in our backyard and tonight Wyatt either broke the clutch or tranny.. Ughhhh! My husband hasnt torn it apart yet, so it's looking like no Big Air practice for him this weekend): He's not happy about that.

Kim

kimv
05-21-2009, 07:57 AM
tgcheeseman-sent you a PM

kimv
05-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Is anyone racing at Dutch this weekend? We were thinking about going to watch.

Kim

wileeviper
05-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Yes, we will be going to Dutch this weekend for Sun and Monday, and "snarky Bob" (my huband) saw the "traveling Woodbury's" on their way down already today. Hope to see you there.

quadscrib
05-22-2009, 06:52 PM
You guys are busy! Ive got two broken quads and a dirtbike that are breaking my poor little wallet after last weekend.
But hey I got new riding gear for my birthday today so I look good looking at my quad lol.... Good luck all this weekend !!!
(support D-14!!...LOL)

wileeviper
05-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the Luck! Sorry to hear about the wreckage you have after Portland. Happy Birthday! Don't worry we will be at the D-14 races, but we are enjoying the GLMX races as well. You may be pleasantly surprised to see how nicely things are organized if you attended one :D

kimv
05-22-2009, 08:38 PM
We were thinking about heading there tomorrow. Wonder if there will be alot of minis racing then?

quadscrib
05-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the Luck! Sorry to hear about the wreckage you have after Portland. Happy Birthday! Don't worry we will be at the D-14 races, but we are enjoying the GLMX races as well. You may be pleasantly surprised to see how nicely things are organized if you attended one :D

Im sure theyre ok..... Im just totally joking and talking crap;)
You know why I feel the way I do but again Im just keeping the joke going from my prior post.
I am curious what kind of quad attendance theres been..big and little.
As far as the wreckage goes Im just pooring it on a little thick. Ive had to work extra this week, yesterday was my B-day and today is Olivers...things just busy. Am I beeing snarky?lol

wileeviper
05-23-2009, 12:04 PM
I know, I know. I chuckle when I read your defense for D14. You are a die-hard. The turn out has been low for little quads, and decent for big quads, but the season was just getting started. Word is... there will be 3 or 4 in the 50 stock class when we get to Dutch tonight. I'll report more numbers when we get back. Enjoy your weekend:cool:

quadscrib
05-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Well how'd it go Brandy? Dave?

wileeviper
05-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Well Quadscrib, or is it Scribnasty...:D We had a good time, there were many big quads, you could go to the GLMX site and check the RESULTS, as they will probably have them onlilne by Wednesday. Or does your computer block that site..Kidding. As for mini quads, 4 in the 50 class , 1 in the 70 class, lots of 90s but they run on the big track.

Snarky Bob only had 2 minor breakdowns! All is pretty good.

DAVYS DAD
05-25-2009, 07:29 PM
whats-up it was a pretty good weekend nicholas picked his speed up quite a bit and davy was jammin.I wasnt that happy with the track it needs alot of work to have some side by side racing. But all in all a good weekend :D log road 5-31" I hope" then off to BAY RACING 6-6 and 6-7 tell everyone so we get a good turnout:cool:

later

DAVYS DAD
05-26-2009, 10:33 AM
kimv did you guys get your sons quad fixed? hope to see ya at bay it will be a good time. if you need any help to get it up and running again give me a shout.:D

later

wileeviper
05-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Don't forget, there is a GLMX race this weekend May 30,31 at Log Road. Sat. is a Challenge series and Sun. is the Championship series. We hope to be there on Sunday.

kimv
05-26-2009, 11:15 AM
davys dad-
No we didnt get it running yet, it's in a million pieces! My husband hopes to get it running by this weekend, depending on if we get the parts. The case was cracked really good! Not cool! I will let ya know if he needs help, thanks for the offer!

We never did make it to Dutch this weekend to watch unfortunately. So maybe if you guys think there will be a good turnout at LogRoad we will go there to watch.

Kim

kimv
05-31-2009, 03:51 PM
So did any of you make it to Log Road today?

wileeviper
05-31-2009, 04:45 PM
We made it. The Miller's. My son and I both got to race, weather was great, 2 very nice tracks to run, both the mini and the big track. How is the quad coming along?

kimv
06-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Thats cool! Was there a good turn out for the minis?
Sons quad is still waiting on rings and gears I think? Wyatt is getting real sick of the waiting!

Kim

DAVYS DAD
06-01-2009, 11:10 AM
the race was ok no 70s for my son to race but the 50 class had a good turnout. KIMV who are you getting parts from, i would say get them from G-FORCE he is always on time and very helpful.
BAY RACING this weekend hope to see-ya there.

later

DAVYS DAD
06-03-2009, 05:18 AM
anyone going to bay this weekend? it should be a goood turnout:macho

later

wileeviper
06-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Yes, yes, we will be there. Probably not as early as the Traveling Woodbury's, but we will be there:D

quadscrib
06-03-2009, 07:08 AM
The Scribners probly will not be there but Im working on it......
If so it will be a youth only weekend, dont think I can pull off 3 riders fees..lol We'll see.

kimv
06-03-2009, 10:55 AM
We might come to watch.

Do any of you have a sprocket side tranny gear? This is the only thing we need to get his quad back running. Im not sure if it maters but it's a drr90. Thanks!

Kim

DAVYS DAD
06-04-2009, 08:53 AM
sorry no 90 parts BUT you can get them pretty easy or i could get them for you in a day or two.

later

kimv
06-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks Davys Dad, but we found a set of used ones from Hot Quads!

Kim

kimv
06-08-2009, 07:59 AM
So how did everyone do at Bay? We once again did not make it! was there a good turn out?

Kim

DAVYS DAD
06-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Bay was ok, the track is a little tight and tons of rain sat night, the track was a mess for sundays motos wet and muddy we all sucked in a little water.Turn out was low in the mini 50/70 classes but the 90 production class had a full gate.

later

DAVYS DAD
06-11-2009, 02:03 PM
is anyone going to grattan sunday

LATER

quadscrib
06-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Portland Saturday!!!!

wileeviper
06-11-2009, 03:35 PM
What is the schedule? quads am or pm?

kimv
06-11-2009, 03:50 PM
We really want to come watch this weekend, so let us know when and where everyone will be racing! My sons quad is finally running, just not how it needs to be, so my husband has to do alot more to it now! Ughhh!

Kim

DAVYS DAD
06-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Scrib it looks like i will have to work saturday so were not going to make it to PORTLAND,but we will be going to grattan sunday.

Kimv, battle creek next weekend nice long track with a few CHANGES for 09. Hope yall can make it to that one its a d-14 race.

later

kimv
06-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Well the quad was running good enough for us to take it to Big Air and practice today! Wyatt cant stop talking about it! We might try and come watch at Grattan.

Kim

wileeviper
06-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Grattan was great today, they had the track in perfect condition, perfectly watered throughout the morning, and best of all, they let the mini quads run on the big track. Very exciting for them! I think they (GLMX) are trying to please us quad folks, and it shows in their professionalism.

quadscrib
06-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Thats cool they ran the big track!
KimV we hope to see you guys at Battle Creek this sunday for round 4 of the District 14 ATV state championship series!!!!

kimv
06-15-2009, 08:00 AM
We didnt make it to grattan to watch, was the turn out good for the minis? Thats cool that they let them run on the big track.
My husband has alot of tuning to do on his quad, its running good, but it's not going very fast, lots of bottom end. So we might just be going to battle creek to watch, not race, but we will see I guess.

Kim

DAVYS DAD
06-15-2009, 02:03 PM
OH YEA:D GRATTAN was on the one, there track was perfect, way to go GLMX my hats off!!! I think we can get most GLMX tracks to let us run on the BIG track"IF WE STICK TOGETHER" lets see what we can do to get the 50/70 classes out there!

kimv if you come to battle creek bring your sons quad if you like and we can help get it tuned in.

later

quadscrib
06-15-2009, 05:04 PM
kimv if you come to battle creek bring your sons quad if you like and we can help get it tuned in.

later [/B][/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

kimv
06-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I dont know if you guys would want to run on Big Air's big track! That track scares the crap out of me!! HA!
Ok, well apparently what we are needing is a new pipe and that should do the trick. Our drr90 is an 07 so it has the old pipe on it which makes it alot slower. I just put a wanted ad in the parts section for one. So if any of you know anyone with a newer drr 2pc pipe please let us know.

Thanks!

quadscrib
06-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Im kinda looking for one of those too..lol

DAVYS DAD
06-16-2009, 08:50 AM
kimv it sounds to me you have a clutching or gearing issue I could be wrong but from what you said earlier it runs good but not very fast and has tons of bottom sounds like sticky springs or rollers? I dont see the pipe as the problem the 07 drr90 is plenty fast IMO like I say I could be wrong.Hope to see you folks at a race soon.

later

kimv
06-16-2009, 10:05 AM
He put a 24mm carb on it, when we bought it there was just a 16. He also just ordered a new sprocket to see if this would help at all. So this is why we need the new pipe.

Kim

DAVYS DAD
06-17-2009, 04:38 PM
:macho BATTLE CREEK:macho GET READY FOR SOME MUD:devil: SEE-YA THERE

LATER

wileeviper
06-17-2009, 07:06 PM
By Sunday, its going to be 80 and sunny! See YOU there. Bob hopes these club tracks will take some lessons on how to run a race day from GLMX :uhoh:

DAVYS DAD
06-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Im with 'snarky Bob' GRATTAN got it going on !!! :macho

later

quadscrib
06-18-2009, 10:44 AM
By Sunday, its going to be 80 and sunny! See YOU there. Bob hopes these club tracks will take some lessons on how to run a race day from GLMX :uhoh:

Wow too bad the millers seem to really want to bust club track balls..dissapointing really. Cant make everyone happy. The "club tracks" were ok before they got stabbed in the back. I guess if they suck so bad I would not come......:confused:

wileeviper
06-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Don't take it personally Quadscrib... You worked your tail off at Portland, we know that. If I offended you, I certainly did not intend to. Really. I think if you experienced an A.M. quad only race day, you may be spoiled too. We have attended all the D14 that have mini quad points this year, and yes they have had great turn outs, so we are supporting them. I just see a lot of good, dedicated folks, like yourself, that are just so used to being treated like a second class citizens because you ride a quad, or your kids ride quads and not bikes. I don't see the harm in showing appreciation to an association like GLMX who is attempting to please and attract quad people. It might not last, but right now they are trying to do what we want. For me, running in the women's class, I would like to know who is out there to race with, I cannot get a single idea if there has even been any other women quad racers, besides at portland. THERE IS NO INFORMATION on the D14 site for quads. If I am missing it, please point me in the right direction. Again, we love portland, and we like a lot of other tracks that are now no longer in D14, so we go where we like the racing.

DAVYS DAD
06-19-2009, 04:14 AM
IM not diehard D-14 or GLMX Im for whoever puts on the best race and takes care of us atv racers.Michigan atv racing is all messed up right now and if we want to continue to have our kids race WE better do somthing about it. It will take everyones support to get a good series going so we MUST stick together, if its d14 or glmx who cares as long as our kids get to race!!!!!!!

SO LETS GET OFF OUR DUFFS AND DO SOMTHING TO HELP OUR KIDS OUT :grr:

LATER

Ryko racing
06-19-2009, 11:08 AM
BOTH PROMOTERS DO A GOOD JOB BUT WE ARE CONFUSED AS WELL AS IT SOUNDS LIKE OTHERS ARE TOO.

I HAVE ALWAYS FELT THAT THE BEST FACILITY USUALLY WILL HAVE THE BEST RACING AND COMPETITION LEVEL. I THINK IT WILL ALL COME TOGETHER AFTER A YEAR OF GROWING PAINS.
AT LEAST WE HOPE SO AS THE COST IS GETTING SCARY.

HEY DAVEYS DAD, GO TO HETRICKS AND THEY USED TI HAVE AN AIRBOX THAT WENT BEHIND THE NUMBER PLATE IN FRONT AND UNDER THE BODY THAT KEPT THE WATER OFF OF THE FILTER.

GOOD LUCK ...

quadscrib
06-19-2009, 11:49 AM
I shouldnt have responded in the fashion that I did....but that was at least the 3rd little dig to me about our organization. I really care only bout Portland Trail Riders but w/out D14 there is no races and thus no more PTR.... We HAD a great series that was only getting better untill WAMMO half the tracks left w/out any warning right at the end of the year leaving all the rest screwed to scramble and do best as possible to pull something together.
I suppose that if D14 ran "QUAD ONLY" days then things would be quite dandy..no bikes to fight with or wait for.
I do know that Grattan runs all forms of events due to haveing a road course AND an MX track so I do give them kudos for they way they run their shows but at least when I was there last year it was BY FAR the lamest track I have EVER ridden... mini and big tracks (can you say dirt rode course?).
Im mainly pissed here that since I (I guess I started it) made a very obvious joke about GLMX now"wileviper" has made three snarky (lol) digs at ME about D14 buisness. I have been your friend and have done NOTHING but extend myself and what I have to you guys (I dont have much) and for some reason it seems as these digs are shot at ME...NOT COOL.
I have busted my *** to do what I can for Portland. I dont really care one way or the other D14 or GLMX..just PTR (which happens to be D-14) and Michigan quad racing.

Ryko racing
06-19-2009, 11:53 AM
POINT WELL MADE...

LIKE THE OLD SAYING GOES ( CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG)

wileeviper
06-19-2009, 03:21 PM
No Quadscrib, I absolutely did not mean to aim this at YOU. In fact I think that no one would even care to have the mini quads at PTR, if you hadn't done all the work to the track prior to and during event. I commend you on that, and our kids had a great time because of those changes.

quadscrib
06-19-2009, 03:22 PM
KIMV sorry to hijack this post.....

kimv
06-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh thats fine! I dont care where we race as long as our son can race! Shouldnt be much longer, we are getting a few more parts and that should be good!! He did great at practicing at Big Air, but his quad is not as fast as it should be. Gary is sending parts to fix that, so hopefully next race we should be there on the track!! We are going to be coming to Battle Creek Sunday to watch though, so we will keep our eye out for all you guys!

Kim

quadscrib
06-20-2009, 10:45 AM
It should be easy to find us....just look for the brawl....lol

quadscrib
06-20-2009, 11:41 AM
I agree totally!!! I should probably quit making jokes..lol.
A couple years ago I ripped this young guy who during My moto pulled some dangerous moves on the track....In front of my son I did this. Let me tell you what a P.O.S I felt like after that and how much I explained to him on the ride home about how the way I acted was unacceptable.....
My brawl comment was a total joke and at the end of the day the Millers and I are friends.
I in NO WAY condone any catty crap in front of and/or around the kids. I was just joking.
Bob, Brandy, and Blair...I love you.

wileeviper
06-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Brawl....:D LOL. Yea, that's awesome.. Big talker, now that you know my arm is broken, I see. Ha Ha Ha. We're all good, hope to see you soon.

DAVYS DAD
06-21-2009, 05:47 PM
looks like i missed alot , :confused: LOL battle creek was ok still no 70s but what can i do :huh RUN THE 90 CLASS :macho well see at the next one if the 70 and DAvy can hang in the 90 class it SUCKS racing yourself;) LOL

later

kimv
06-21-2009, 05:50 PM
It was great meeting some of you today!!
davys dad- The way davy was riding today, Im sure he could beat most of the 90s! He is an amazing lil dude!!

Kim

DAVYS DAD
06-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Thank You, I really need to get him on the big track and racing faster kids!! 70s should be on the big track IMO :D It was nice to meet your family and look foward to seeing you agian.

wileeviper
06-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Kimv, It was very nice to meet you and your family today. Look forward to seeing you next time:cool:

quadscrib
06-22-2009, 06:37 AM
My idiot self was all loaded up the night before but didnt wake up till 8:34 A.M....... not enough time time to get there.
That sucks davey was the only 70....what happened to all those 70s fron PTR? Well Im responable for one of them.lol.
Oliver and Violet both rode the big track at Portland yesterday (I still had to take them riding),,,, and I agree that at least 70's and up are good on the big track.

DAVYS DAD
06-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Way to sleep in scrib rough night?:chinese: there has been no 70 s since PORTLAND must of scared them all away LOL the track was ok and they did fix the jumps but no one to race.#11 Blair Miller was killing it with wins in the 50 stock and 50 production classes on his limited stock DRR.Nick got 1st saturday and third sunday,hes really picked it up! :macho

LATER

quadscrib
06-23-2009, 05:29 AM
Very cool for Nick and Blair!!! Yah little Violet has really been kicking it in too especially after she spent the day the weekend before last riding Ollies quad (Ollie was at his dads).
$$$ sucks for me right now (Im the only one right?) or else the little lady is ready for a DRX50 now.

DAVYS DAD
06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
I think we will try out BIG AIR this sunday,anyone else? Hope we can run the big track!

LATER

kimv
06-23-2009, 09:01 PM
We will be at Big Air! The big track scares me! But thats me, Ha! Wyatt will be running the big track, which he has never ridden before. Little Air is small, way smaller than BC. Wyatt has practiced Little air and is really good at it. We will be heading up Saturday for him to practice the big track, he is nervous about it, which makes me very nervous! But I guess we have to start somewhere.
Try and email them about running the 70s on the big track. I emailed a couple times yesterday and got fast responses.

Kim

kimv
06-29-2009, 08:05 PM
I just checked the glmx site and it looks like Grattan rescheduled the next race for Oct. 4th! ughh! So it looks like it's Big Air again, hopefully this time it doesnt rain!

Kim

quadscrib
06-30-2009, 05:46 AM
This comming weekend Im planning on having myself and my kids at Portland Trail Riders to do some mini track updates as well as some riding. The Millers will most likely be there as well (weve kissed and made up) ....not sure which day though. Youre welcome to come as a guest that day if youd like as there will be no races, just come ride all day!!! Let me know if youre interested. Im shooting for saturday as long as srxmiller doesnt have to work or else sunday.

kimv
06-30-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi quadscrib-
Let us know what day you plan on, sounds like fun! I know we wont be able to go if it's Sat. We have our nephews bday party, in the middle of the day! ughhh! We are also getting a new carb this week, so we will see how that goes. Do you know how much it is to get in?

Kim

quadscrib
06-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Free as my guest.....

wileeviper
06-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Bob needs to leave for work at 3 Sat. but would love to be there to help. How does 9:00 Sat. morning sound? If not Sun is good too. He will probably call you Scrib.
He is still trying to get Blair's quad together after Big Air.

kimv
07-01-2009, 07:45 AM
That would be great quadscrib! We could do Saturday morning or Sunday anytime. Just let us know what you decide. We are waiting on the carb and Joel has been on the phone with Gary about a few other problems we are having, hopefully nothing major.
I see now that Big Air moved there date to July 19, running both quads and bikes.

Kim

DAVYS DAD
07-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Morelands moto-x will be racing this weekend,and both of there tracks ROCK. I may go sunday if the fish are not hitting up north LOL go to morelands motocross.com I think there even racing friday night.:cool:

LATER

quadscrib
07-02-2009, 05:35 AM
Dave I think we're looking at going to PTR sunday....youre def. welcome to come!!
I am 200% broke for a couple weeks so no racing for us till probly PTR and gonna try to pull off taking Oliver to Red Bud for some national action.

wileeviper
07-02-2009, 07:28 AM
So sunday it is... what time will you be there to let us in? I'll make brownies:D

quadscrib
07-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Some of that answer depends on my hangover sunday morning (not very likely) and pretty much thats it. I think Im gonna plan on being there quite early 9-10 am or so. I have to get a key for the ol JCB.
Otherwise sunday sounds better for all. I might still go an saturday also.

BTW-I like "special" brownies..lol

kimv
07-03-2009, 08:35 AM
We will plan on being there Sunday!! We will see you then!

Kim

DAVYS DAD
07-06-2009, 05:36 AM
Great time up north,Davy was the only one to catch a fish.See you guys at the next one.

Later

kimv
07-13-2009, 07:53 PM
We had a great weekend with all of you in Cadillac (well except the fact that Wyatt has a broken quad again! Ha!)
Im going to try and attach some pics so here goes!

kimv
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Blair Miller

kimv
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Blair

kimv
07-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I wish I knew how to post these all in one! Oh well!

Davy Woodbury

kimv
07-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Davy

kimv
07-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Davy getting sprayed by the stupid guy watering the track!

kimv
07-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Nick Woodbury

kimv
07-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Nick

kimv
07-13-2009, 08:10 PM
My son Wyatt

kimv
07-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Wyatt

kimv
07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Last one!
Wyatt

wileeviper
07-14-2009, 12:54 PM
KimV sweeeeet photos! You are awesome. So that's what that huge camera does!!!! Great catch on poor Davy getting hit with the hose. See you this weekend.

wileeviper
07-14-2009, 12:57 PM
I put together a few of the hole shots from Grattan and Battle Creek MI on a youtube link:

mi mini quad racing hole shots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hx2GqWQ1Dc)

kimv
07-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks Brandy!!
hey cool video, looks like you are having fun editing!!

Kim

quadscrib
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Nice vids Brandy, Im dying to see some of your PTR footage (any class)

wileeviper
07-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Portland mini quad 70 class (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqEpdLT2jGU)

Here is a clip from portland. Bob did the taping, I was having the time of my life on the big track:D

It is hard to see who is in there, but Oliver and Davy surly are.

kimv
07-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Cool!
Now where did all those 70s go since Portland? That is weird!

quadscrib
07-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Well I'm responsible for one of them but not sure bout the rest......interesting I must say. Nice vid, wish it was longer but I'm happy to see that even.

DAVYS DAD
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM
who is going to RED BUD:macho :macho

kimv
07-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Count us out): The quad is still not running right yet and I think it would be too big of a race for Wyatt. Good luck to everyone going!!!!!

kimv
08-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Here are just a few of the pics from Portland (quadscrib, PM me your email address)

Kim

Nick Woodbury

kimv
08-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Davy Woodbury

kimv
08-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Blair Miller

kimv
08-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Oliver (quadscribs son)

kimv
08-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Last one! My son Wyatt

wileeviper
08-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Great shots KimV ! thank you for posting them.

wileeviper
08-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I have to share this awesome photo of me and Michelle Natalie at Redbud !

quadscrib
08-03-2009, 07:56 PM
:blah:

wileeviper
08-05-2009, 09:03 AM
yea, I know...

quadscrib
08-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Yah Michelle isnt looking too bad either.......;)

wileeviper
08-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Very funny... Nice of you to even notice me in the photo. LOL:D

DAVYS DAD
08-18-2009, 04:48 PM
anyone going to Battle Creek this weekend? Davy turned 8 on 8/17/09 so we will be in the 90 class ON A'' 70'' and in the 70 class to.Hope to see everyone there. almost forgot michelle and john natalie are expecting.

Later

kimv
08-19-2009, 09:36 PM
We plan on being there! Are you guys going to Baja on Sunday too?

Kim

srxmiller
08-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Back from Baja, awesome mini track, in my opinion its the best in the state. Just my two cents.

DAVYS DAD
08-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Anyone RACING this weekend? We should get together with other mini parents and try to get a BIG turnout on some of the last GLMX races.If any one would like to help make it happen please contact me .IT DOES NOT have to be a GLMX track any track will do lets just try to get some turnout before the seasons end.

LATER

kimv
08-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Sounds good Dave! We might try a fair race in Hudsonville tomorrow, but now its suppose to rain all weekend! ughhh! We will be at Log Road over Labor Day. Let us know if you come up with anything else!

Kim

kimv
08-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Oh yeah, we can help make this happen, just let us know what you want us to do!!!

Kim

DAVYS DAD
09-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Log Road this weekend hope to see everyone there.Still trying to set up a date and track to get all the minis together.

Later

DAVYS DAD
09-08-2009, 05:25 AM
whats up ,this weekend started out great my boys quads were rippin in practice but they both blew up for the race:mad: well davys 70 ate the wristpin so i put in a new one and new pistion i was letting it warm up then the crank locked up:confused: should have cleaned out the crank case LESSON LEARNED.Nicks limited stock 50 ate the pistion I cleaned it up put a new pistion in it and sent him out for moto #1 WOW he got the holeshot and never looked back taking both moto wins.I never saw him race so hard Im very proud of him.:macho Off to Dutch this weekend so I have tons of stuff to do to get ready. See you folks there.

Later

mkeane
09-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Gaige gets his cast off next Thur. We are thinking of goin to Log Road next Sun. for practice. Is anyone going?

quadscrib
09-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Well be at portland trail riders both days.

mkeane
09-10-2009, 08:06 PM
is this a race or practice?

kimv
09-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey Mike-
What happened to Gaige? Joel and I were wondering where you have been!

We will probably be at Baja. We are going to try and hit the rest of the GLMX races.

Kim

mkeane
09-10-2009, 08:34 PM
he broke his wrist at Loretta's. we are not suppose to do any racing until last weekend of sept. we have been cheating a little. i got Kierstin my middle daughter an Apex 90 and she needed some practice before we hit the track and Gaige has been doing some riding with her we will be doing the glmx in oct.

kimv
09-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Poor Gaige! Will your daughter be riding in the 90 production class then? We changed Wyatt's to a 70, he is getting better and better every race. I guess we will be seeing you in October then!!

Kim

DAVYS DAD
09-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Come one come all to BAJA ACRES this weekend mini classes are 50limited ,50production,70cvt,90production,90mod,and school boy this is a sunday atv only race and I would like to see all michigan minis show up and who ever else would like to come. Hope we can get a good turn out.BAJA is a very nice track.

later

kimv
09-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Dave sent ya a PM

kimv
09-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Check out this thread that Ryko Racing started, its about michigan racing
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=411397

quadscrib
09-23-2009, 08:52 AM
The Scribners will be doing some riding at Portland Trail Riders this weekend if any of yall are interested.

call me (517) 819-5126

phatvern
09-23-2009, 08:34 PM
good luck at the next race woodbury racers.keep it pinned NICK AND DAVY u can do it! :)

wileeviper
09-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by kimv
Check out this thread that Ryko Racing started, its about michigan racing
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=411397

Thanks for finding this thread, it is a great discussion about GLMX and D14.

DAVYS DAD
09-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Anyone going to GRATTAN this weekend? I know a guy that works the track and they will let the 50 and 70 classes run the BIG track.:D this is a very nice track so I hope we get a good turnout,maybe some folks from Ohio or Ind could come the more the better.for info go to Great Lakes Motocross

Later

mkeane
09-29-2009, 11:39 AM
are they racing both days there Dave?

kimv
09-29-2009, 12:32 PM
You know we will be there!!

Kim

donbass
10-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Read a bunch of your posts in this thread and was wondering if any of you have any 50 stock racers? my 4 year old rode in a few races in the sjo series this past summer on a yamaha raptor 50 and really got into it, so i just bought him a new Drr Drx 50 to race next year. the problem is that there werent many minis in the sjo series for him to race and the jumps were a little to gnarly for him, im guessing because they were intended for big bikes and the tracks are smaller/tighter.

Looking forward to him racing next year, hopefully with some good competition. i cant wait.

Don

kimv
10-26-2009, 06:28 AM
Hi Don-
Our oldest races a drr70, but our youngest will be racing a drr50 in stock class next yr(we havent bought it yet, but thats the plan!) There werent that many minis this yr racing the glmx or district 14 races either. Hopefully next yr there will be more(:

Kim

DAVYS DAD
10-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Welcome, we ran 2 series in MI this year,the D-14 series[Michigan quad racing.com]and the GLMX series[Great lakes motocross]. D-14 has been arround a long time the GLMX started this year you should be able to find some good racing in one of those series.D-14 crowns a state champ GLMX crowns a GLMX champ.Turnout was low this year but the 50 class was ok,I think most people will run the D14 series but we need to get the numbers up.All mini racers will welcome you and help you in any way we can so check us out next year and tell your friends. Keep in touch through this fourm and we look foward to seeing you next year.

Later

quadscrib
10-28-2009, 12:18 PM
WOW as Im typing this (10/28/09) theres 3600 + views to this thread! Lets all band together for 2010 Michigan Mini racing! Im sure yall know where Ill be:)
District 14's Portland Trail Riders will be running a considerably new and improved track for next year! We had ALOT of compliments this season.....Thanx Bob and Dave!!

national #9
10-28-2009, 03:34 PM
I just read in Ryko's posting, that Tom From KIds On Quads will be back with a series in 2010, they have 25+ races scheduled, and Tom Is the one that got it organized back in 2000, when they had 30-40 + minis at all of his races. you should check it out, if you want some good racing for your kids.

DAVYS DAD
10-29-2009, 06:19 AM
Im thankful for Tom doing what he does,Ijust hope with 3 series to run in MI that everyone gets together so we have good turnouts.With the D14-GLMX split in 09 it really goofed up the racing and turnout was low.Im a little worried that with a new series turnouts will be even LOWER and we dont need that.IM also concerned about the classes that will be offered if they are different from what we have now.competition is the name of the game and if the minis go to 3 different series I dont see us having good turnouts or any competition.I hope everything works out OK but im a little nervous about the whole deal> JUST MY 2CENTS.

later

Ryko racing
10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
AFTER VIEWING THE 2010 atva SCHEDULE AND SEEING THEM ADD RACES INSTEAD OF SUBTRACTING RACES AND IN TALKING WITH OUR MICHIGAN NATIONAL REGULARS WE HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT RACING THE COMPLETE SCHEDULE WILL BE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR MOST OF US.

WE ALSO MENTIONED HAVING DISTRICT 14 AND GLMX RESTRUCTURE THE CLASSES SO THAT THERE WILL BE MORE RIDERS PER CLASS AND TRY TO HAVE A WAY FOR EACH RIDER TO HAVE 2 CLASSES TO COMPETE IN.

WE HAVE GONE TO OHIO,AND INDIANA TO RACE THIS YEAR AS THERE WAS NOT MUCH TURNOUT HERE IN MICHIGAN AND THE RULES WERE SUCH THAT WE COULD NOT RACE PRODUCTION CLASS. (INDIANA AND OHIO RUN A MINI QUAD JR 11 AND UNDER ANY PROD QUAD (NO HAND CLUTCH) AND A MINI QUAD SR 12 AND OVER SAME RULES. THEN THEY RUN A MINI QUAD OPEN ( ANY MINI QUAD)

THEN SORT OF LIKE OUR SCHOOLBOY CLASS THEY RUN A JR WOODSMEN ( WHICH SUPERMINI QUADS RUN OCCASIONALLY)

THE RACES SEEM TO GET A FULL GATE AND GOOD COMPETITION, THE KIDS RACE ON THE MAIN TRACK AT MOST VENUES (WHICH IS SAFER AS THE TRACK IS WIDER AND THE FASTER RIDERS CAN GO PAST WITHOUT BEING BLOCKED)

THEY ALSO HAVE HOT DOG COOKOFFS FOR THE KIDS AT NIGHT.

ACTUALLY INDIANA RUNS SAT DAY RACES AND THEN A NITE RACE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO RACE IN THE PM AT SOME VENUES

WE THINK THAT THE POOR ECONOMY NATIONALLY PRESENTS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO REBUILD OUR SPORT IN MICHIGAN AS WE HAVE MANY TOP QUALITY TRACKS.
( WOULDN'T IT BE COOL TO HAVE A 8 OR 10 RACE SERIES AND A CHAMPIONSHIP RACE IN SEPTEMBER MAYBE AT RED BUD.. I THINK WE COULD DRAW ILLINOIS AND INDIANA RIDER AS WELL TO A BIG WEEKEND RACE ) . DUTCH HAS A MINI MO JAM FOR BIKES THAT HAS GROWN TO A HUGE EVENT.

LETS HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS???

quadscrib
10-29-2009, 05:16 PM
I have to agree w/ Daveys Dad here, the reason we are in this mess IS because we split up, theres not enough of us for two let alone three series' and plain and simple most of us arent leaving where we're at. So really this is a bit bass ackward if you ask me.
I personally have one tracks interest in mind and that makes me a bit biased and Ill be the first to admit that.But that aside another series will not succede at this bad time in the country let alone the 50th state...Michigan. We need to BAND TOGETHER not further seperate! My kids are getting quite bored with riding by themselves.
I suppose alot of us exsisting tracks could put on weeny roasts and pull together the kids and their families a little better/more often but honestly as a track official myself I just cant imagine adding more to the agenda on race days on top of running the track....but mabey thats just me.
Honestly Im not sure how difficult it would be but I dont see why we couldnt create a couple classes just in fact to allow the ability for the kids to run more than one class but Ill tell you now that that WONT be on the big tracks, quad and bike days go too late as it is. I know at least at the track that Im involved in it is as simple as me making up some new classes and running them but as far as points are concerned it would be a district deal to impliment it at all the tracks even if only for the seperate championship series races.
When youre comparing Michigan to Ohio and Indiana you have to realize that plain and simple there are more quad racers in those two states, Ohio IS the birthplace of atv racing and Michigan is a 3rd rate welfare state and getting worse.
Lets BAND TOGETHER for next year, we have more power and more of a voice the more of us there are.

Ryko racing
10-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I did not mean start a 3rd series.

This is the time to get the racing back in Michigan, we need to get the district tracks to restructure the classes so we can get a larger gate and thus more competition at each race.

The ATVA rulebook is a great starting place as we could concentrate on the production classes and once we get full gate counts then spin off the cvt, single speed if necessary.

The class formats that i posted seem to work well in other states and once we get them full we can then hopefully split more classes.
We need to have classes for all production quads and racers to compete in that are more uniform to the rulebook so people dont have to build a certain quad for a certain series.

EXAMPLES' PRODUCTION CLASS IS PRODUCTION QUAD WITH ANY AUTO TRANS OR CLUTCH SO THAT A RACER CAN COMPETE ON A HONDA OR A COBRA OR ANY MAKE FOR THAT MATTER AS THEY ARE ALL VERY CLOSE IN PERFORMANCE.

please review my other post as we can in no way have 3 series'

quadscrib
10-30-2009, 05:35 AM
I kinda think that's how we do it already.... our classes here are based on ATVA classes.
In fact I think we have EVERY one of the ATVA classes but as you're saying maybe its how we interpret the rules..... and when I say that I am referring to our inner series , the "Quad Series" as many of us refer to it.
I hope to see as many as possible next year and hope we can all stick together... I personally hope its at Dist 14 tracks and races but the people will speak. My understanding is that many of the GLMX tracks did very poorly which might be expected for a first year deal but we'll see what happens. Its not that all the D14 tracks did that great either but I do know that PTR had a fairly normal year so I very optimistic

Ryko racing
10-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Quadscrib, we want to support our racetracks, we were racing back a few years ago when we were basically thrown out due to supposed legislation issues.

I was referring to rules in my other post that basically stop us from racing in Michigan. My son and a number of others attempted to race in Michigan over the last few seasons but our Cobras are not legal in Michigan, as they have auto clutches but shifters ( like the Hondas WHICH ARE LEGAL).I do understand both sides of the story but if a quad is demmed production legal by the ATVA it should be legal. ( if it idles in gear it is a true automatic).( heck half of the Hondas are direct drive after they are modified). I personally dont care what type of clutch they run as long as they are production legal.
Last year the National series created a TRUE PRODUCTION 90 CLASS THAT ALLOWS ANY TYPE OF CLUTCH AND THEY HAD QUALIFIERS AT ALMOST EVERY RACE AND THE CHAMPIONSHIP WAS DECIDED ON THE LAST MOTO OF THE FINAL AT LORETTAS BETWEEN A HONDA, AND A COBRA( CHECK THE LAPTIMES AT ATVMOTOCROSS.COM)
It would be great to have cvt,auto and production classes but at the local level there is not enough rider base currently.

please pass this on to the district at the rules meeting to try and come up with a solution.

I have spoken with numerous riders that would love to come rider our tracks but choose to go elsewhere as they ride Cobras(made in Michigan)
and are tired of the arguement.

Please let me know if i can help in any way.

DAVYS DAD
10-30-2009, 07:56 AM
RYKO in d-14 they let 75 cobras run in the 90 production,and that was our biggest class all year up to 12 riders on race weekends.They also let up to a 65 cobra run in the 70 class and in 2010 there will be at least 8 new riders in that class.There is also a 90 mod class,and school boy,what classes will ryan be running?

Ryko racing
10-30-2009, 08:14 AM
90 production 80 cc cobra automatic clutch w shift (atva prod legal)

90 modified cr 85 motor j b mod chassis.

We would like to builda supermini 150 cc and run in 300 class as we do in Indiana but i am out of cash.

If we run local we will not build a 150. just 90 prod and 90 mod

pending rules.

Troy mentioned that Alex wants to come to distrcict races but he too has auto clutch cobra.( once these kids hit 90 lbs the single speeds wont pull them).

Ryan has a late birthday as he just turned 13.

trompen542
10-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey guys, this is Tom Trompen from kids on quads, I didn't mean to start anything with this new series, BUT, everyone I have talked to, has said that d-14 does nothing for the mini's, and glmx doesn't listen, puts you on crappy mini tracks, and won't set the classes so that they fit the mini's that are out there. After talking to Troy at length, we came up with a number of classes, that fit all of the mini's, and, leave it open for most riders to run 2 classes. This is supposed to be a riders series, and if you have any suggestions, I would like to hear them. the promoters that I am working with, are very eager to get this put together for the kids, and will listen to what we have to say. I am only doing this so in 2 years my next son coming up will have a place to race, and I am afraid that if we leave it to the district, or the glmx, there will not be any mini racing in Mi, just like it was when I started it up back in 2000. I am not willing to risk it so I will try to make it happen again, and maybe next year try to get the district, or glmx involved.

Ryko racing
10-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Tom, i applaude you for giving it a second try, my only concern is that if it is a Arena cross series like i have seen,the tracks are not quad friendly and we seem to destroy our stuff.

I am open to trying it out so let us know when you have the schedule .

We even were trying to openup an indoor this fall but fell short of time and capital.

Actually it might be nice to try as they seem to not tie up a complete weekend. AND IF I REMEBER YOUR SERIES WAS AFFORDABLE.

trompen542
10-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Ryko racing
Tom, i applaude you for giving it a second try, my only concern is that if it is a Arena cross series like i have seen,the tracks are not quad friendly and we seem to destroy our stuff.

I am open to trying it out so let us know when you have the schedule .

We even were trying to openup an indoor this fall but fell short of time and capital.

Actually it might be nice to try as they seem to not tie up a complete weekend. AND IF I REMEBER YOUR SERIES WAS AFFORDABLE. I took some time this summer and checked out the tracks that we are going to be running, and they are "VERY" mini friendly, the jumps are all rolled on the tops, and as safe as racing can be made, the track maintance is perfect, and even Alex my son who as you all know is VERY hard on equiptment didn't break anything. I am helping the promoters run the quads, and the cost is Very cheap way cheaper then any racing I have seen. I am making $0 for my involvment, and am only doing this so that when connor my 2 year old gets old enough he has a place to race. the promoters have also guaranteed a 6' trophy at the end of the year for the class winners. So far I have been very impressed with what I have seen, and the level of cooperation from the promoters has been great. So if you have any ideas let me know, and I will see how we can make it work.
Tom @ kids on quads

quadscrib
10-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Good luck Tom. Im sorry but you will not be seeing my family there. I also applaud you for your efforts but its just the wrong time,plus ALOT of the mini parents I know are also racers and we all go where we can race together not that youve said that this was a mini only thing. I would personally try to work with one of the exsisting series and see how that works out... theyre all quad freindly and I as a mini parent havnt felt too slighted at the D-14 tracks.
Us quad folk had quite a voice up till the end of 08 and that was because together there were quite a few of us and the tracks DEFINATLY took notice....I and a few others on here were at a sanction meeting in the summer of 08 and heard over and over "the quads are the only reason were making it" and that season the tracks were thanking us all for coming!

trompen542
10-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention, that they will be having adult classes, including a ladies class, and the youth production class, for the older kids. I have been around the d-14 races since 1986, on quads as a racer, and since 1970 on a dirt bike, so I have seen how it works. I see who is in power in both series, and have tried to work with them all, but you can see where it has gone since I last stopped in 2007, I am sad, that I can not make everyone happy, but I will give it my best shot, and try to make it work and grow for everyones sake.
Tom @ kids on quads

mkeane
12-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all From the Keane family.

God Bless

quadscrib
12-25-2009, 01:19 PM
A--GREED!

and look out for rouge threads........;)

mkeane
12-26-2009, 06:49 AM
you are a funny man quadscrib. i look forward to meeting you some day.

wileeviper
12-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Oh, I will be sure to introduce the two of you, if we are in the same place at the same time this summer :D

DAVYS DAD
12-30-2009, 06:45 AM
GLMX has there race dates for 2010 posted:confused: 90and70 on the little track for the challenge series WHAT A JOKE Championship series will run 90 production on the big tracks but 70 on the small track:confused: ANOTHER JOKE count me OUT IM not going to waste my money or my time on the little track or my kids time for that matter.They want quads but dont want any more motos on the big track,they dont listen to reason,so they can pizz off.Man this burns my butt!! On the other hand
D-14 will let us on the big tracks and listen when we speak,so its D-14 ALL THE WAY:macho D-14 D-14 D-14. ANYONE AGREE??

guy310
12-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Unfortunately I have to agree. I like the way the championship series format is, i.e, quads only, etc. but I have to agree about the little track. I didn't see the problem last year with putting the 70's on the big track either, if it's good enough for nationals it should be good enough for GLMX. Disappointing at best.

DAVYS DAD
12-30-2009, 09:11 AM
No quads only this year for glmx,with the way D-14 will be running things this year I could care less about GLMX!!!
Guy310 hope you can run some D-14 events this year its going to be SWEET>

Later

guy310
12-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Definitely hoping to.

Ryko racing
12-30-2009, 09:47 AM
check out reeds racing .com indiana. good turnout nice people.

kimv
12-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Dave do you know when D14 will be putting out the schedule?

DAVYS DAD
12-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Not sure, should be very soon.they are trying to schedule it arround NATS so we get better turn out.:D

Later

guy310
12-30-2009, 10:25 AM
I have raced with the Reads for the last 11 years and they are great. However, there series is based on who attends the most races basically. They pretty much do raw points and the winners of that series has been at 60-80 races per year. I just can't do that. I love racing there though and on any given weekend you could find as many as 8-10 national racers there so the competition is usually very good and the turnout is almost always good for mini quads. Also, they run 4 different tracks so it is not always the same thing and they are very responsive to racer input. Great family.

quadscrib
12-31-2009, 06:50 AM
AHEM....D-14 D-14 D-14.......... Gotta love that new chairman for D-14 Quads!!!! See yall for 2010 D-14 race season . HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

DAVYS DAD
12-31-2009, 07:40 AM
Scrib,I hope your kids are going to make most of the D-14 races this year were really counting on everyone to show up.We have about 25 new racers that we will be contacting that are MINI QUAD racers in MI.Should be SWEET spread the word D-14.We havent even contacted any one yet and counting your kids there will be 9 70 riders.:macho

Later

quadscrib
12-31-2009, 08:39 AM
We will be there. Hopefully snowmobiling doesnt break the budget this winter lol..... hurting me so far:devil:

trompen542
01-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Rumor has it, d-14 only has 2 tracks that will be running quads in 2010, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

quadscrib
01-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Well I think your starting this rumor...dude whats wrong with you? Portland, Polka-dots, Cadillac, 1-96(pending), Battle Creek, Bulldogs and one or two more pending.
Man Im just amazed at what an ***** you are spreading this crap. I guess youre right...we better just all quit D-14 and go races your BS series. Get a life Tom.

trompen542
01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
sorry, I heard a rumor from the last d-14 quad charmain, and he told me only 2 tracks had been approved at the meeting. I was just asking, thanks for the info., and the series we are working on does not conflict with d-14 at all, so there is NO reason to be rude.

DAVYS DAD
01-03-2010, 02:31 PM
yeah D-14 should be good to go,and its great to hear that your series wont conflict with D-14.Im sure my family and a few others will check you out.Like I always said I just want BIG track time and a competive series to race where we can hang with family and friends.IMO theres no better way to spend a WEEKEND than at the RACE TRACK.Tom I bet you will be suprised at how well MINI QUAD RACING does this year in D-14 quite a few things are changing"and its for the better":macho

Later
Dave Woodbury

quadscrib
01-03-2010, 03:12 PM
"Rude" is posting this BS crap trying to better your own agenda Tom. I highly doubt that Jack told you that and if he did one would have to question why. I again have to applaud you for kicking in a series of your own but spreadin what Ive learned is your typical garbage is just hurting You...think of your credability...if you have any left at this point. Searching your past posts under all of your various aliases pretty much does that for itself. I sure give DAVEYSDAD credit for responding in a little diplomatic form than me but Im just sick of the way you do things.....youre embarrising yourself Tom. Why not get over your little rift w/ D-14 and contribute. The times aint that great for multi series' success.

trompen542
01-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey Dave, thanks for the reply I may have time to check out a few of the d-14 races this year, but with the SJO series, the canadian nationals, the atva north series, the hlr series, the ponte de vaux, the montreal supercross, and a few others we have already committed to do, I don't know which ones I will be able to attend. I hope to see you at a few of the supercrosses this summer, they should be fun. No pressure, quick program, big prizes, and fun for the kids, after all thats what its all about, " fun for the kids". Come up to me at the races and introduce your self, I usually know the kids, but I am bad with remembering the parents.
Tom
P.S. Quads crib, jack did tell me that, and I have no Idea why you would say anything to me, I have no idea who you are, and you have no Idea about me or how kids racing started in michigan.

quadscrib
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Tom, we've met, Ive listened to you whine....more than once. and we have mutual acquaintances, theyre all just as fond of you. And yes I have MANY ideas about you.
Oh and your big list of dates there sound as founded as your post a few back there. Is "pro" Alex racing these events......:devil:
You would get no backlash if you quit spreading you typical lies.
Man up douchebag and just tell the truth and kiss and make up with little Dick Rainey, I bet it would set you free:cuss:

trompen542
01-03-2010, 06:42 PM
And you are who? If you knew anything about kids quad racing in michigan you wouldn't talk like this. If it wasn't for kids on quads you wouldn't any racing to complain about. As for Dick Rainey I have no problem with him, He is very anti quad, and thats a problem for all of us. So in your own words Man up, stop complaining about things you have no idea about, and please stay at d-14 where you belong.

DAVYS DAD
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
:confused: Im sure this wont bring in any new riders!!! :rolleyes:

Later
Dave Woodbury

kimv
01-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Tom-just curious when your schedule will be out?

Thanks!
Kim

mini racer #39
01-04-2010, 06:44 AM
You are absolutely right Dave, with this stuff going on already I don't think I will be bringing our group up to 10 mini riders and 3 or 4 300 riders up that way. We can get this in Indiana and at least we are up to date on what is going on down here. After talking with you last year I had a good out-look on Michigan racing for 2010. But it looks like it is a hornets nest that I am NOT looking forward to bringing new people into. Our group are all National racers. Who needs this drama?
Jerry Havert :confused: :confused: :confused:

quadscrib
01-04-2010, 07:03 AM
This all started with Toms post of "I heard D-14 only has 2 tracks racing quads for 2010" . When Tom is running a competing series posting that statement is intended to hurt us /help him. If any of you here have ever read any of Toms past posts on this forum (under all 3-4 screen names) you will see that this is his typical fair.
If any of you are gonna skip races because Im exposing whiny Tom for the duche that he is then I would check myself i I were you. Theres always gonna b an A-hole somewhere (especially if Im there ...lol).
Tom Im pretty familiar w/ history and I dont feel I have much to thank you for. I you didnt get on here spreding crap we wouldnt even be here. Call Luke Adams if you are wondering. Again, get a life.
Ill just say one more time that mabey Im a bit carrid away but Im pretty familiar with Toms post all over this forum and this is how he operates quite regularly.Ive spoken with Tom twice and Tom just talks crap, whines, complains, and tells you how his crap dont stick and everyone else does.
If a scuffle on a forum is keeping you in indy Im sorry. We would like to have you here. Its January 4th. Will be 3 1/2 months before we're even think bout racing. These guys are working on something big..

mini racer #39
01-04-2010, 07:12 AM
I don't know you or Tom whoever. But I have heard about the 3-4 screen names. I met Dave Woodbury last year at a MICHIGAN race. Our group is from Indiana. Mr. Woodbury was recruiting racers to come to Michigan and race. So far the tracks that we have been to have been great (Red Bud and Log Road). Was looking forward to doing a lot of Michigan racing but I think I will be doing my own homework and check out the different tracks and who has to race on what track before we decide to race anywhere in Michigan. If in the meantime you guys get this all figured out fell free to post and inform the rest of us as we will be anxious to know the results of your findings. Again Thank You
Jerry Havert

Ryko racing
01-04-2010, 07:22 AM
I am sure that the decision to race BIG vs Small track on any given racday can be negotiated with rider turnout.

If you have enough riders to fill a gate the problem is solved.

As i posted before look at REEDS RACINGS CLASS LAYOUT,
THEY GET A GREAT TURNOUT. ( THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH RIDERS TO HAVE THE NATIONAL LIST OF CLASSES AT A LOCAL LEVEL)

We chose to race 90 class when ryan was 7 as he was injured on a SMALL TRACK and we never would race on one again.

On another note does anyone know the rules for 2010 90 production class in d14?
( my cobra idles in gear, is it legal?)

We dont care where we race as long as we race....( points or no points, they really mean nothing anyway until the kids are 16 then maybe they can get something)
Also, w used to get d14 checks that were good at d14 dealers in stead of trophies, it helps the dealers and helps out a little on the wallet. ( idea)

Istill think that a fall midwest championship weekend would be cool .. ( Maybe at Red Bud???? Real cool) Indiana,Ohio, Illinois, Michgan combined.)
LETS POST IF ANYONE WANTS THIS 2 DAY WEEKEND SO THEY WILL SEE THAT WE WILL COME.

Haverts, what do you think???

quadscrib
01-04-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm gonna shut up and not risk anyone's efforts here. Dave is one exceptional guy who definatly has a bigger heart than my lump of coal (Im a grinch lol). Theres a couple others as well working with him who are working VERY hard for D-14 to run a top notch program. Would be cool if we could all work together for one big series....think thats Dave and others intentions.
In D-14 theres several of us who have alot of persuasion with our promoters and this is going to be an awesome year!!!!
As long as we all play fair (tell the TRUTH) I dont think theres gonna be any issues. I just want my kids to have fun.
Im a racer as well and also VERY involved with one of the D-14 promoters and this is VERY important to me.
Cant wait to see you all there!! Happy New Year!!!

Ryko racing
01-04-2010, 07:44 AM
agreed. well said

mini racer #39
01-04-2010, 07:52 AM
District 15 runs something called a Midwest Championship. It will be hosted at Reads again this year. Not sure of the date. Krody's did really well there last year...:D. If D-14 ran one as well we would be interested as well.

www.readsracing.com has a list of there 2010 races posted as well as the dates for 2 of the D-15 state races and Mid West Challenge.

Still hoping to race Michigan...

trompen542
01-04-2010, 07:57 AM

Thanks!
Kim Hi kimv, it should be out in january, you can go to the sjo productions website, the schedule will some what mirror their 2009 schedule. It should be fun, and the races we ran last year, were very nice, laid back and fun, and probably the most inexpensive racing I have seen since the 80's It is geared for the kids to have fun, and that is our goal, to make sure they do.

Ryko racing
01-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Yes we had a blast at REEDS. On their saturday races they run an am race. Then you can sign up and run under the lites sat pm.

then on sunday. lots of track time, good turnouts, fair price and nice people. ( they treated us like we had been coming for years)
Even had a pig roast for free.

DAVYS DAD
01-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Jerry,dont worry we will have a great series for you folks to check out in good old michigan.Ill get all DRAMA delt with so no worries there.the schedule should be out soon and maybe we can get together at some races.

RYKO,you will be able to race in the 90 production class but I dont think you will be able to get a year end award though you should get a daily award.NOT to sure on that so i will check into it for ya.

LETS ALL GET TOGETHER AND RACE (my boys need the COMP)

later
Dave Woodbury

Ryko racing
01-04-2010, 10:18 AM
who is the new d 14 atv chairperson?

Ryko racing
01-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Can we run last race of the day at Bulldogs? That was my favorite track.( It made Red Bud ON THE ROUGHEST DAY LOOK SMOOTH)

Dave let me know on the classes.

I am planning on running schoolboy if they will let us ride our 150 supermini. We dont care about the points we just want to run with the 300's for practice.

I dont want to tear up the 90 mod. Its for nationals .

quadscrib
01-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Ryko racing
who is the new d 14 atv chairperson?

Luke Adams is the new chairman. Luke is a MX/XC racer as well as a very diplomatic guy. This is a HUGE step in the right direction!

DAVYS DAD
01-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Looks like we will be buying snowmobiles (OLD JUNKERS)so the boys can learn how to lean and turn I HATE THE SNOW.aNYONE GOING TO SUMMIT INDOORS in Ohio.

Later

trompen542
01-09-2010, 02:18 PM

Thanks!
Kim Hi Kim, I talked to sjo, last night to finalize the classes, and check out the schedule, there will be 2/50 classes, 2/70 classes, and 3/90 classes, plus a youth production class, plus the 3 adult classes. The schedule will be out at the end of january, and we will put it on our website, and it will be on SJO productions web site also.

DAVYS DAD
01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Here's the D-14 Michigan state ATV Championship Schedule:

4-25 Battle Creek
5-9 Cadillac
6-20 Portland
7-17 Polka Dots
8-8 Battle Creek
8-28 Bay
8-29 Bay
9-12 Portland

Best 6 out of 8 to crown champ.Racing both days on championship weekends CHECK US OUT ITS A GREAT TIME.

Later
Dave Woodbury

kimv
01-19-2010, 06:21 PM
YEAH!! Glad it's out finally!! So there arent any new tracks then?

Kim

machwon
01-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by DAVYS DAD
Here's the D-14 Michigan state ATV Championship Schedule:

4-25 Battle Creek
5-9 Cadillac
6-20 Portland
7-17 Polka Dots
8-8 Battle Creek
8-28 Bay
8-29 Bay
9-12 Portland

Best 6 out of 8 to crown champ.Racing both days on championship weekends CHECK US OUT ITS A GREAT TIME.

Later
Dave Woodbury

Only 96 days to go!

kimv
01-19-2010, 06:30 PM
HA! The way that were going we are going to need those 96 days!!

Kim

Ryko racing
01-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Dave will there be a class for a 150 supermini ? or can it move up to schoolboy.

the schedule looks pretty good.

We are going to Pell city, but then we are going to run the atva north series. ( are you guys in???)

kimv
01-20-2010, 06:58 AM
sent ya a PM Dave

quadscrib
01-27-2010, 11:02 AM
YEAH!! Glad it's out finally!! So there arent any new tracks then?

Kim

Well sounds like there might be an adjustment due to Caddy boys are mabey wanting 2 wheel only races so Luke is working on something to fill that spot.....all tenative though so we will see.
Theres still a bonus or two in the works.

kimv
02-04-2010, 07:26 AM
I hope Cadillac does back out, I didnt like that place anyways! Thats the race where the guy sprayed Davy when he was racing and the faulty gate that smashed Wyatt's front end!

Kim

DAVYS DAD
02-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Kimv I will get back to you on the names and numbers.ROUGH WEEK:grr: :mad:

Later

kimv
02-04-2010, 10:50 AM
No Problem Dave...totally understand(:

trompen542
02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
2010 sjo youth classes are,

0-50 stock 4-7 they must be show room stock no mods allowed.

0-50 production, 4-7 must use production frames, and cases all other mods allowed, this is also the cobra 50 class.

0-70 stock 6-11 they must be show room stock, no mods allowed.

0-70 production 6-11 must use production frames and cases, all other mods allowed, this is also the cobra 70 class

0-90 2 stroke/0-110 4 stroke, stock 8-13 they must be show room stock, no mods allowed.

0-105 2 stroke/0-125 4 stroke production 8-15, must use production frames and cases all other mods allowed, this is the cobra 90 class.

0-105 2 stroke/0-150 4 stroke super mini 11-15 this class allows bike motors and aftermarket frames.

0-200 2 stroke/0-300 4 stroke 13-15 youth production must use production frames and cases, all other mods allowed.

The schedule will be out shortly

thanks Tom

quadscrib
02-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Hope everythings ok Dave.

srxmiller
02-07-2010, 07:12 AM
This is the rest of the D14 ATV schedule for Michigan. The schedule previously posted was the ATV Championship Series (with a *), and we now have the complete schedule. These are 2 separate series, all put on by D14.
There may be one change involving the May 9th Cadillac date...

ATV Mx 2010 schedule

4-24 / 4-25* Battle Creek
5-1 / 5-2 * Portland Trail Riders
5-9 Cadillac
6-5 / 6-6 Battle Creek
6-13 Cadillac
6-19/ 6-20* Portland Trail Riders
7-3 / 7-4 Bay Racing
7-11 Cadillac
7-17* Polka Dots
7-24/ 7-25 Portland Trail Riders
8-7 / 8-8* Battle Creek
8-15 Cadillac
8-28*/ 8-29* Bay Racing
9-11/ 9-12* Portland Trail Riders
9-19 Cadillac

* Pays points for Michigan State ATV Championship Series ONLY

Michigan State ATV Championship Series
4-25 Battle Creek
5-2 Portland Trail Riders
6-20 Portland Trail Riders
7-17 Polka Dots
8-8 Battle Creek
8-28 Bay Racing
8-29 Bay Racing
9-12 Portland Trail Riders

srxmiller
02-07-2010, 07:34 AM
A couple of us are working on a group Facebook for D14 ATV RACING. The schedule is up there, as well as, some photos. Feel free to take a look, and make a comment. :)

There was a slight change to the schedule. The correct and current schedule is in the previous post.

The ATV Championship Series race on 5/9 in Cadillac, has moved to 5/2 Portland.

kimv
02-15-2010, 10:38 AM
If you are interested in receiving info on Michigan D14 atv mini racing, please PM me with your address. We are currently getting info and scheduling together to mail to mini quad parents.
We are hoping to get a great turnout for the 2010 season!

Thanks!
Kim

trompen542
03-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by trompen542
2010 sjo youth classes are,

0-50 stock 4-7 they must be show room stock no mods allowed.

0-50 production, 4-7 must use production frames, and cases all other mods allowed, this is also the cobra 50 class.

0-70 stock 6-11 they must be show room stock, no mods allowed.

0-70 production 6-11 must use production frames and cases, all other mods allowed, this is also the cobra 70 class

0-90 2 stroke/0-110 4 stroke, stock 8-13 they must be show room stock, no mods allowed.

0-105 2 stroke/0-125 4 stroke production 8-15, must use production frames and cases all other mods allowed, this is the cobra 90 class.

0-105 2 stroke/0-150 4 stroke super mini 11-15 this class allows bike motors and aftermarket frames.

0-200 2 stroke/0-300 4 stroke 13-15 youth production must use production frames and cases, all other mods allowed.

The schedule will be out shortly

thanks Tom
The SJO Productions schedule is now out, check it out at, sjoproductions.com they have 31 races scheduled, with 18 different tracks.

trompen542
03-30-2010, 08:03 AM
I just posted a link to the sjo website on the open forum, it has a list of the races, classes, and lots of information, on what is happening for the 2010 season.

quadscrib
03-30-2010, 09:30 AM
http://www.ama-d14.org

IS where youll find the Michigan ATV schedual.

kimv
03-31-2010, 08:38 AM
We went up to Moreland's Mx Sunday for practice with the Miller's and Woodbury's. They have a great track that the boys really liked! Just thought I would share a few pics(:

kimv
03-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Wyatt

kimv
03-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Brody

kimv
03-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Blair Miller

kimv
03-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Davy Woodbury

kimv
03-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Nick Woodbury

guy310
03-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Is d-14 going to have a 90 mod class this year?

kimv
03-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Yes they are! If you want a schedule and some info you can PM me your address and I will send you a flyer.
Here is the 90 mod info-
90 Modified- (8-15 yrs), see ATVA size & guidelines, (Reference: the 70cc manual clutch w/shifter Cobras race in this class & can be up to 90cc in size)
You can also check out www.ama-d14.com for more info.

trompen542
03-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Nice pictures, morelands is a great place to ride, I have been riding/racing there from the early 70's when they were White birch, and Marks parents were running it. Morelands was one of the first tracks that let the kids run in 2000, along with Craig the former owner of big air. Mark is VERY quad friendly, and we still go there when we have time. It is a great place to take the family for a day of fun, and I think if you want to have family fun, and 3 tracks to choose from, you made a good choice.

kimv
03-31-2010, 02:41 PM
They actually only had one track open, the one by the house. It's a great quad friendly track, the kids loved it! Im not sure what was going on about the other tracks, something about family issues I guess.

kimv
04-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Brandy(wileeviper) just started a new forum on here for D14 Atv racing
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=230

kimv
05-11-2010, 08:14 PM
We are going to try and make it up to Big Air on Sunday the 16th. I know there is pry no way we can get 10 70 and 90s up there to run big track, but oh well it's seat time. Hopefully there will be a few minis up there(:

srxmiller
05-17-2010, 06:24 AM
Congrates ,and great job Nick Woodbarry at Ill.:blah:

kimv
06-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Anyone going to Battle Creek this weekend? We plan on being there Sunday!

#404's Dad
06-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Ya'll are not going to Red Bud???

trompen542
06-14-2010, 02:51 PM
We are starting to get some mini's at the sjo races, everyone I talked to seemed to be having a blast. They all seemed to like the family atmosphere, and the no pressure type of racing program that sjo has. I hope to see more of you at the next race in 2 weeks.
Tom @ Kids on quads.

djdfairchild
06-14-2010, 06:51 PM
you talked to my wife on friday, had the blue drr and black and white drr, find me next time i'd like to meet ya.

darrick

djdfairchild
06-14-2010, 06:55 PM
also wanted to add the race was definetly different than mx but fun all the same. interested to see the muskegon track.

quadscrib
06-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Portland Trail Riders mc will be hosting a Michigan ATV Championship series Round #3 this weekend June 19th and 20th and there will be ALOT of minis....and it's definitely MX.

Check out www.portlandtrailriders.com
You can find them on Facebook as well. Portland has excellent mini and big tracks. That's where all the minis will be. We'll be expecting 70 to 90 quads in total between Big and little quads.

50,70, 90 limited, and 50 production race the little track. 70 Production and up race the big track. Portlands track pres races quads if that tells you anythinhg...lol

trompen542
06-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by djdfairchild
you talked to my wife on friday, had the blue drr and black and white drr, find me next time i'd like to meet ya.

darrick
Hi, I will be at the muskegon round, I will find you, it was hard to get around with my 3 year old in the heat, but I will be there, and I will look you up.
Tom