PDA

View Full Version : lock nut problems

dirtdawg
05-17-2009, 02:39 PM
i am having trouble tightening my locknut with my g-force axle. i can tighten it like all the way, but there is still space between the rotor and the retaining ring. i think that the threaded part of the locknut should be longer. are the aftermarket lock-nuts longer or what? do i need another one because when it is tight, it still has play side to side. what nut would i need to get and how much would they be? does anyone have one used that i can get? please let me know whats up with this.

Tommy Warren
05-18-2009, 04:13 PM
are you sure your tightening it right?

ZSNOW
05-18-2009, 06:38 PM
no, when lock nuts wear out or your aftermarket axle isn't built to exact specs you need to make a spacer. just make the spacer you need out of a peice of pipe or something that can fit over the splines and last.

Grimzella
05-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
no, when lock nuts wear out or your aftermarket axle isn't built to exact specs you need to make a spacer. just make the spacer you need out of a peice of pipe or something that can fit over the splines and last.

Correct'O mondo... i was just gonna say that...

dirtdawg
05-18-2009, 07:46 PM
that's what i thought...5 bucks at the hardware store just got to pick it up and cut it a piece like a quarter inch and slide it on there. just thought i'd make sure it would be alright to do that.