PDA

View Full Version : Case saver ???

New450r
05-17-2009, 02:38 PM
well I am sending my frame to get some powder this week but this wouldnt be happening if my chain hadnt failed and cracked the motor case as hyped up as I am about getting my motor stroked and the frame done do the polly case savers really protect the motor?

New450r
05-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I will also have a 05 crank for sale it already has a hot rod installed I already have it bored out to a 470 ported exc figured if the case was going to be split might as well stroke it to will sell it cheep make an offer.

jkiserracing
05-17-2009, 03:22 PM
They are definately worth having on there.......a very good 25 dollar insurance policy imo.....i dont ride without one installed

BlaineKaiser450
05-17-2009, 03:44 PM
only get a Holz or a Moose though. i have thrown my chain 5-6 times with a Holz and no damage has been caused to my case

New450r
05-17-2009, 04:22 PM
sounds like a plan I checked the chain on a regular basis but i got hung up in a creek I made it home and my brother inlaw took off and befor he made it out of the driveway snap pop oh sh i mean crap. I guess a rock got hung inbetween the chain and sproket.

Dave400ex
05-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Get the Moose or UPP. They are actually a little thicker and better then the Holz even.

Sjorge450R
05-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
only get a Holz or a Moose though. i have thrown my chain 5-6 times with a Holz and no damage has been caused to my case

why are you throwing your chain so much?

BlaineKaiser450
05-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
why are you throwing your chain so much? this is over a time of almost 2 years. idk MX just does that i guess

d3ktrix
05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
this is over a time of almost 2 years. idk MX just does that i guess

My quads 3 years old, have been riding MX for 2 years, haven't thrown a chain yet.
And I rode my original chain until the rollers started blowing off, was on there for 3 years.
Sounds like you have something out of wack.

Another vote for the Moose or any other poly saver.
Every time I see 1 of those thin fancy alum CNC case savers I cringe.

Butter
05-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Get a case saver that goes over the shift shaft. My buddy didn't have a case saver on his bike, and sure enough the chain came off and packed up near the case, but luckily, didn't break the case. But as it bunched up, it put way to much force on top of the shift shaft, and put like a 35 degree angle in the shaft. Def. a good idea to get one to avoid that as well.

BlaineKaiser450
05-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
My quads 3 years old, have been riding MX for 2 years, haven't thrown a chain yet.
And I rode my original chain until the rollers started blowing off, was on there for 3 years.
Sounds like you have something out of wack.

Another vote for the Moose or any other poly saver.
Every time I see 1 of those thin fancy alum CNC case savers I cringe. hmm something does sound weird. Its probly time for new sprokets, and all that stuff. Maybe my swingarm bolt isn't tight :eek:

fastredrider44
05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
hmm something does sound weird. Its probly time for new sprokets, and all that stuff. Maybe my swingarm bolt isn't tight :eek:

New sprockets and new bearings in the swinger and carrier. Put your bike on a stand and wiggle the rear end. There's play somewhere or you wouldn't be throwing it so much. (Provided you have a decent chain) ;)

Scro
05-18-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm gonna point out the obvious, and say make sure it's adjusted correctly, too.

Don't waste your time with any kind of aluminum casesaver. You would be better off running without one. Atleast then your casesaver bolts won't be ripped out.

conley 450r
05-21-2009, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Scro
I'm gonna point out the obvious, and say make sure it's adjusted correctly, too.

Don't waste your time with any kind of aluminum casesaver. You would be better off running without one. Atleast then your casesaver bolts won't be ripped out.
i HER THAT

C:\Documents and Settings\conley 450r\My Documents\My Pictures\tenn