PDA

View Full Version : xc to mx

houser8
05-17-2009, 09:35 AM
i just got a hellacious deal on a 450xc which im going to pick up some time this week. the only thing is i race mx and was wondering what all would i have to change to make it mx ready. also i have some axis long travel shocks. they came off a 250r and waas wondering if i got long travel a arms would they work. also im guessing the bolt pattern is honda but not for sure. help me out

bferg911
05-17-2009, 10:31 AM
I dont know what all you need to change. I have the 525 and I'll tell you right now you are gonna love it. What I do know is your bolt pattern is an oddball. Honda in the rear and yamaha in the front. Just to be different I think. As for the rest of the info you wont find much on this site. You need to go to ktmatvhq.com They are ktm only and have all the knowledge you will need. take it easy man

patrickj75
05-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by houser8
i just got a hellacious deal on a 450xc which im going to pick up some time this week. the only thing is i race mx and was wondering what all would i have to change to make it mx ready. also i have some axis long travel shocks. they came off a 250r and waas wondering if i got long travel a arms would they work. also im guessing the bolt pattern is honda but not for sure. help me out

You'll need wider a-arms and a wider axle or wider hubs. Rath Racing makes a-arms and also wider rear hubs if you don't want to buy a different axle. RPM does make an axle or you can buy one from the SX model ans swap it out. The bolt pattern is Yamaha front and Honda rear. Rath also makes front hubs in either Yamaha or Honda bolt pattern. The stock front shocks are 18.75" long so measure the Axis ones and see how they compare.

houser8
05-17-2009, 03:32 PM
thanks alot guys. do you know how much the hubs are and the a arms? also i have some stock 400ex hubs will they fit?

patrickj75
05-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by houser8
thanks alot guys. do you know how much the hubs are and the a arms? also i have some stock 400ex hubs will they fit?

A-arms are $925 with tie rods, rear hubs are $210 and front hubs are around $425. I don't think the Honda hubs will work but its worth a try.

houser8
05-17-2009, 06:30 PM
thanks for all the help....