PDA

View Full Version : diamond j rip off.

bigbad400
05-17-2009, 07:31 AM
a short while ago (feb 6th to be exact) i purchased a widening kit for my 400ex from your ebay
> > store. i understood that the kit was supposed to be very durable and not bend under stress, i
> ride
> > very little and have only hit small jumps (1-3ft) i have elka shocks on my quad so i didn't
> exceed
> > the limit of the machine, but apparently the widening kit is not as strong as you say. i have a
> > slight bend in the top front a arm bracket. i would like to return the product to you for a full
> refund
> > as its not what was described. the conditions that bent the thing were normal everyday riding. i
> > never hit anything or wiped out and its bent. i am not impressed by this at all. please refund the
> > money to paypal account ************

On 12 May 2009 at 6:06, Diamond J Customs wrote:
>
> >
> > We will warranty the shock brackets by sending you new parts. We have not had strength
> > problems with the 400ex kit (or any other kits), and we have hundreds of customers that race
> > motocross every week with them (as we do). We have more than a thousand 400ex kits in
> > service alone.
> >
> > If you can send us a picture of the failure, we would be interested in any information that could
> > help improve the product, or if there was a defect in the part itself. If there is an improvement
> > that can be made to the parts, we would also do that, and send you improved parts at no cost.
> >
> > Please send us your address, and we would be happy to send you the replacement parts as
> > soon as possible. Also, as we have said, if you can send us pictures of the bent parts, we may
> > be able to improve the parts and send them at a later date.
> >
> > Diamond J Customs

> why can i not get a refund? i will send all of your product back to you and you can see
> for yourself what happened. i do not want the product any more i already baught
> aftermarket a arms for the quad and i want my money back that i wasted on your
> product. just because you got a bunch of these kits out being used doesn't mean that
> mine didn't bend under normal riding. this is not a reasnoable argument. please return
> the money to paypal account quilt8@quiltsbyelsie.com
> or you can send a check in the mail to******************

On 16 May 2009 at 12:35, Diamond J Customs wrote:

>
> We will only warrant the parts that bent. You are not eligible for a refund

WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKED SONS A B*%&^*$S NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND? THIS IS NOT COMPUTER OR A CD, THAT COULD EASILY BE DAMAGED, THIS IS 1/4 INCH THICK PLATE STEEL WITH SOME HOLES IN IT. IT WAS NOT ANYTHING I DID TO RUIN IT AND I GOT TO BITE IT AND WASTE MORE MONEY ON SOME JUNK.

DIAMOND J IS A SCAM.

I NOW HAVE WICKED PRODUCTS +3+1 EXTENDED A ARMS IN BLACK CHROME.

THESE BEND LIKE THE DIAMOND J KIT DID AND IM GONNA BE PISSED.

F-16Guy
05-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Buyer beware. There is a lot of stuff on these boards about Diamond J kits. My advice would be to get the warranty parts from them, clean the kit up as good as you can, and try to resell it. That's the only way you're going to recover any of your money.

bigbad400
05-17-2009, 07:59 AM
its in the fs section now. the new parts are on the way, supposedly. i gave them negative feedback and posted up about it what else can i guy do to regain his losses?

F-16Guy
05-17-2009, 08:34 AM
You can file a complaint with the BBB, but I don't think Diamond J is obligated to give you a full refund. They offered to provide replacements for the damaged parts, and that's probably all they're required to do if that's what the warranty states. I couldn't find any warranty info on their site, so I'm not sure what it says, or if they even offer one. I did see what they said about durability, though, so maybe you can plead that to BBB.

05-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Not gonna lie thats funny right there. You should have listened and did things right the 1st time around. Well my point proven I guess.

GPracer2500
05-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Get real. There is NO WARRANTY. You accepted that when you bought them and now you want your money back? And when they don't agree you come here and bash them?

Their Ebay ad says...."you are using this "as-is" kit at your own risk, with no warranty expressed or implied."

Frankly, I thought Diamond J's response was good: If the product broke, we'll send you new parts and make an effort to improve the product. They were polite too. They didn't have to offer you ANYTHING but a big fat sorry-charlie.

You accepted a risk of not being happy with the product when you bought it (because they bent, or you don't like it, or you bought something else, or any other reason). Time to move on.

Sorry, but I get sick of seeing one sided buyers' remorse stories posted in an effort to make some company look like crooks. Find some other way to vent. If you're looking to "get back at them", grow the F up.

$0.02

GPracer2500
05-17-2009, 12:32 PM
And how come you said HERE (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=396219):

"...the diamond j kit bent on me when i blew out the stock shocks, only slight bow really but im not gonna ride it like that, hence the a arms..."

Blew out the stock shocks? No wonder something bent.

05-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
Blew out the stock shocks? No wonder something bent.

I honsestly have no idea how hard you would have to land to blow out shocks because i've slammed down so hard there wasnt dampening it was right to the ground, 1st time I bottomed out bad enough that I had to stop riding because it felt like something was seriously hurt. Layed down on the quad for a few and got up to check the shocks, frame rails... everything was fine.

tri5ron
05-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
Get real. There is NO WARRANTY. You accepted that when you bought them and now you want your money back? And when they don't agree you come hear and bash them?

Their Ebay ad says...."you are using this "as-is" kit at your own risk, with no warranty expressed or implied."

Frankly, I thought Diamond J's response was good: If the product broke, we'll send you new parts and make an effort to improve the product. They were polite too. They didn't have to offer you ANYTHING but a big fat sorry-charlie.

You accepted a risk of not being happy with the product when you bought it (because they bent, or you don't like it, or you bought something else, or any other reason). Time to move on.

Sorry, but I get sick of seeing one sided buyers' remorse stories posted in an effort to make some company look like crooks. Find some other way to vent. If you're looking to "get back at them", grow the F up.

$0.02 X2,
Sounds to me, like you were originally trying to avoid the additional cost of longer a-arms, by buying the Diamond J kit.

Maybe you then, heard/saw all the negative comments about the kit, and realized that you had made a mistake?

Possibly being unhappy with your purchase even before riding with it? and now that it has shown to be inferior to the longer a-arms, you want someone else to blame for your poor judgement, or lack of reasearch prior to buying them?

Sorry, but your getting no sympathy here. as was earlier said,... Buyer Beware.

I felt that Diamond J's responce was above and beyond anything that they were obligated to do, or offer to you, and that you should be grateful for their attempt at customer satisfaction. They are willing to replace the parts, simply on your claims, and are taking you at your word that the kit bent doing average riding. They did'nt even require that you send them the parts first, (which would cost you the return shipping).

Although I would never use any of their kits on my bike, I can at least recognize that their customer service and support, is respectable and exemplary.

As the owner of my own company, in a customer service related industry, I can only give my customers the best advise and recommendations for their intended projects.
When they choose to ignore that advise, and try to save nickles, resulting in unsatisfactory results, I can not help but feel that they did it to themselfs, and I refuse to be held responsible ,Professionally, OR, Financially .

Do it right the first time, and you wont have a reason to snivel.
stand up and take responsibility and ownership for your own decisions.

sorry, but that's the way it is.

05-19-2009, 07:40 PM
You said in your email that you caught maybe 1-3 feet of air when they bent. You then said that you blew out the stock shocks when they bent... In the post regarding you blowing out your stock shocks and upgrading to elka rec's, you state that you caught over 20 feet of air when the stockers blew... Heres the link if you need it: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392094&highlight=blew+shocks

No wonder they broke. I give them credit for only slightly bending after such a huge jump.

bigbad400
05-20-2009, 07:02 AM
cheap? not everyone can spend 1000 on shocks and a arms, im lucky i got to spend over 1000 on all the **** ive done to it lately. the reason i say rip off is because it said it was strong enough to run mx, never in a hundred years, they wont even consider a refund partial refund or anything, they only want to replace parts well i dont want that now that it bent. whats wrong with wicked products. they are made of the same material as anyother ones i looked at they are strength tested, they are camber and caster adjustable. they have replaceable ball joints. the people there are much better to work with, and they were 500 dollars cheaper than burguard or laegers or any NAME brand. they are one hell of an upgrade from diamond j.

maybe i should have listened a little better about the kit but for 1/4 the price of a arms i couldnt pass it by. the over 20 ft jump that blew out the shocks was only 3 ft of the ground, i jumped down the slope of a dune, i just landed on the flat at the bottom. 20 ft distance, ok maybe 4-5 ft high but still, i rode it out it didnt feel that rough. only the left shock totaly blew the right was just the insides that popped. the left the spring was around the bottom outside of the shock like it was trying to shoot off the bottom.

i didnt say it was a horrible product i just was not happy that it was supposed to be mx safe and its not, its not backyard safe if your jumping.

the customer is always right. im not here to get sympathy moron im here to show everyone that diamond j has poor quality ****, you being in my shoes 3 months ago looking for something to make it wider without blowing a grand diamond j sounds good but its not, so im showin my stupidity to you in effort to not get you all to do the same. so call me cheap and whatever but i cant afford the expensive **** your daddys are buying you. im 22 i have a daughter and 2 dogs im broke most of the time. there is no reason to say things like that. i pay out my own pocket for everything, maybe its not top of the line but i also drive a chevy, nothing i have is top of the line. you subdivision dwellers in your big fancy trucks and nice machines dont know how easy you have it, try to squeeze 20 for gas out of rent and diapers and food once youll see what i mean. i was just trying to get my hard earned money back and i didnt deserve that ****.

one of you rich kids want to send me a set of them burguards or some nice laegers or something? seeing as how there so cheap i thaught maybe someone could just give me some.

F-16Guy
05-20-2009, 07:45 AM
LMFAO! Don't hold back, man! I know how you feel about buying parts. It's tough to justify when you pay all of your own bills and have higher priority expenses. No to mention trying to get it past your resident financial manager (a.k.a. wife). You're better off with the arms, and hopefully you can eBay the Diamond J kit and recover some of your money. Most businesses hate giving money back, even if the customer is right. You get what you pay for, I guess. As I've gotten older, I've realized that being lured in by cheap alternatives turns out badly more often than not. Live and learn.

bigbad400
05-20-2009, 08:45 AM
thanks for at least understanding and not calling me cheap for trying to save money. im just another broke college kid with a family. although my girlfriend loves the quads too she wants a Kawasaki 400 for some reason..... that makes it alot easier to get parts and stuff for mine without begging, no rides for her either if its sitting. but i try to keep it within itself since ive had so many different things over the years i sell one to get the other or sell two or three to get the next. im down to a blaster frame a tacote 250 3 wheeler needs rebuilt and the 400ex and its pretty nice if it works heres one with the kit on.

bigbad400
05-20-2009, 08:48 AM
maybe now

brodzowski
05-20-2009, 08:50 AM
the customer is always right. im not here to get sympathy moron im here to show everyone that diamond j has poor quality ****, you being in my shoes 3 months ago looking for something to make it wider without blowing a grand diamond j sounds good but its not, so im showin my stupidity to you in effort to not get you all to do the same. so call me cheap and whatever but i cant afford the expensive **** your daddys are buying you.

The customer is nuts!
I don't think these guys were trying to reflect on you or your money situation personally and that's how you took it. They don't know you or your situation. They do now, lol. Anyway, the point they were trying to get across was (since you like addages) you get what you pay for.

What they did and how they handled the situation is exactly how it should have been. You complain that their product is crap well then tell them how they can improve it. They WANT to have a better product obviously. You tell them that your parts are broken and they want to replace them free of charge. That IS customer service. That IS them saying "the customer is always right". Saying that you should get the product you purchased and used for FREE is silly.

Quick question. If you sold your 400 on ebay 2 weeks ago to a guy, he takes it to the dunes a coulpe times and the motor blows. He calls you and asks for his money back. Do you give it to him? If you say yes, you're a moron.

I'm not going to call you cheap and I don't think these guys were trying to, but I Will tell you that you need to take some responsibility as a buyer. *GASP* Did I really say that? Yes, my over WalMartized children. Learn about your products before throwing your money away and then expecting it free.

bigbad400
05-20-2009, 08:51 AM
now its got Douglas rims on front that a buddy had off his 250r, and a HD timing chain (crf chain) and the wicked a arms.

bigbad400
05-20-2009, 09:05 AM
no but if i told him that those brackets i sold him were not going to bend i would refund it then, they oversold it and lied. i would be honest and let you know of any problems i was having befor i sold it to you. i gave them my idea on how to fix it in the next email. it needs a brace in the center to stop it from spreading or pinching in, a bolt with a spacer would do fine but it would only make it weaker on the outside. so it really cant be made better than it is. i took the parts i just wanted my money back for faulty parts, walmart will do it on anything but electrics and food why not anyone else. you should be able to get your money back if the product it broke breaks or doesnt work proper for any reason. advanced auto will take back parts, i called wicked even they will fully refund if they break in less than 2 years. g force axle will too. hmmmm not diamond j. its cause they know going ito it they are selling junk. what good it a replacement part if the first one you got broke?

F-16Guy
05-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by hondarider11
The geometry is terrible...
That's a statement I see on here all the time, but I've never seen anyone back it up with numbers. Just about any aftermarket a-arm with adjustable caster and camber can be made to have the equivalent of factory geometry. The frame mount points don't change, so that's out of the equation. Assuming that the arms don't move the spindles forward or backward at all (e.g. +2+1), the spindles should be in relatively the same spot as OEM, just +2" out, which changes the leverage, not the geometry of the movement of the assembly. In my mind, you could make the a-arms curly Q's, but as long as you don't alter the relationship between the frame mount points and the spindle mount points, the geometry would be the same. A good example would be gull type lower arms. The shape is changed, but the relationship remains the same. Can someone prove me wrong, or is this yet another case of badmouthing a product because it's cheaper and not as popular?

brodzowski
05-20-2009, 11:30 AM
^^^This guy thinks like me!!! Good question. X2

scuzz
05-20-2009, 11:43 AM
I think Diamon J is 100% correct here.

It may be a bad situation for the OP, but it is what it is. I would think otherwise should the sale not have stated as is. I also believe Diamond J is doing the right thing by replacing them even though they don't have to according to the terms of the sale.

05-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by bigbad400
cheap?
maybe i should have listened a little better about the kit but for 1/4 the price of a arms i couldnt pass it by. the over 20 ft jump that blew out the shocks was only 3 ft of the ground, i jumped down the slope of a dune, i just landed on the flat at the bottom. 20 ft distance, ok maybe 4-5 ft high but still, i rode it out it didnt feel that rough. only the left shock totaly blew the right was just the insides that popped. the left the spring was around the bottom outside of the shock like it was trying to shoot off the bottom.

My bad, I understood it as 20 feet in the air, not 20 ft long.

Which 450?
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
IMO, they are in the right, they are willing to warranty it with a replacement, and you want your money back, it doesn't work like that...

deathcorefan2
05-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Ok, IMO..that is IN MY OWN OPINION.

I think both parties here are correct, the guy has every right to be mad and try to get a refund, diamond j is right not to give a refund and replace, why doesnt he just get the diamond j kit, and sell it. someone will buy it and there is your money back without much of an argument. it is a little extra work, but that is it.

factoryX
05-21-2009, 02:18 PM
dude, just fix the 400ex, and rebuild the tecate. Let the gf ride the ex and you ride the tecate, it takes balls to ride tecates..Or fix the blaster and let gf ride that.....

smelly$cat
05-21-2009, 03:33 PM
"only the left shock totaly blew the right was just the insides that popped. the left the spring was around the bottom outside of the shock like it was trying to shoot off the bottom."

Dude, if you landed hard enough to do this to the shocks, I could not blame Diamond J's for their bracket bending. Obviously you landed that puppy really dang hard.

+100 for Diamond J's.

AND, not everyone on here gets their stuff paid for by their mama's. That's an ignorant statement.

05-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by bigbad400
so call me cheap and whatever but i cant afford the expensive **** your daddys are buying you. im 22 i have a daughter and 2 dogs im broke most of the time. there is no reason to say things like that. i pay out my own pocket for everything

1st off I pay my way for just about everything. I bought my own quad in full, bought my 1st car and later my 2nd car by myself. its not our fault you have a daughter and 2 dogs and you being broke. trying not to be too harsh but just look at what your doing. This sport is far from cheap and if you go cheap look at what happens you end up paying twice and still falling short of good quality. Also 2 dogs yes you may say they are part of your family but it kills me when people are broke and have animals to feed because they arent cheap either. IMO get another job/better job and manage your money better so you dont go through life complaining that your broke.

bigbad400
05-24-2009, 06:40 AM
i love my job and i make plenty of money for what i buy, i just think when ****s not right you should get your money back,

nobody said it was anyones fault but diamond j that i was pissed, you read to much into this. my kid was planned and im not like a trailer trash redneck spending all my cash on the wheeler, i have my priorities straight and thats not at all what this whole conversation was about, diamond j will not return money, thats what i started this thread about and you all blew it out of proportion, im not looking for sympathy, id rather suggestions, im not looking for handouts or anything of the sorts i was simply making a point, diamond j will not refund for bent parts unless its due to a safety issue, because they know going into the sale that its junk and they are ripping people off.

next time ill keep my info to myself but i was just trying to warn people about this company.

ill never "fix" the tecote either btw, its a 2 stroke, i hate them and blaster too, they will sit till someone wants them because they both suck, sure its fast and all but i hate 2 strokes, i wont own another one but a chainsaw. my gf wants a raptor 350 or like a 300ex or something she said mines too much power, id like to get her a used 300ex myself, put a 350 big bore on it with a pipe, she'll love it!!!!