PDA

View Full Version : Another cop assault

JForestZ34
05-16-2009, 11:12 PM
I know the guy ran from the cops but another **Edited*** ruins it for everybody else.. It seems like there is something at least once a week with cops these days.. I heard nothing will happen to the prick either... Makes you wonder who the law is there to protect...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxbgVqlc-Co

James

gncc025
05-17-2009, 12:00 AM
He broke the law,ran and put innocent lives in danger. they spotlight the cop for being in the wrong. was the kick necessary? no, but come on now i mean really! Its simple, dont be dumb enough to even put yourself in that situation. JMO

LTandRaptorider
05-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Here's some of the replies I liked on the youtube blog... At this point I know the same about this situation as you from the video. Which isn't much. So I will reserve any opinions for now. Except the old adage... Play with fire and you get burnt. Now some of the comments left...

They should of shot that low life piece of chit cholo in the head. He'll be dead in a couple of years anyway.During which time he will put more lives in danger, or he'll kill someone. Give that cop a medal.

Any of you out there who hate cops...I have a suggestion: Next time you have an emergency...Call the SPCA....(They cater to dogs and other animals.) It's a NO-BRAINER....Abide by the laws of this country, and you won't have any problems with the cops. (GOT IT?)

And my fav...

They should of let the dog play with him.

jcs003
05-17-2009, 09:26 AM
thats not law enforcement, its police brutality. we have a judicial system to punish offenders. that would fall into the category, "excessive force."

powermadd400ex
05-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

And my fav...

They should of let the dog play with him.

the funny part is that its true.

F-16Guy
05-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Looks like that guy should have watched Chris Rock's "How not to get your *** kicked by the police" skit. "If the police have to chase you, they're bringin' an ***-whoopin with 'em"

F-16Guy
05-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
thats not law enforcement, its police brutality. we have a judicial system to punish offenders. that would fall into the category, "excessive force."
Yeah, because our justicial system is doing a bang-up job :rolleyes:

I've never had my head stomped by the police because I've never put myself in that situation.

jcs003
05-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Yeah, because our justicial system is doing a bang-up job :rolleyes:

I've never had my head stomped by the police because I've never put myself in that situation.

part of the reason the conviction rate is down is because of law enforcement not following procedure.

F-16Guy
05-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
part of the reason the conviction rate is down is because of law enforcement not following procedure.
There wouldn't be so many people to convict if bleeding-heart judges would stop releasing repeat violent and career criminals. I had my stereo stolen three times in phoenix, and by a stroke of luck they caught the kid. He was a 15 year old Mexican kid driving a stolen car full of stolen stuff. I went to court for restitution when he was arraigned and it took the judge literally about 5-10 minutes to read his list of prior convictions and sentences. A 15 year old kid!!! The most shocking thing was that the judge again offered a reduced sentence in juvinile detention, with the remainder in his mother's custody. His mother declined and asked the judge to give him the full sentence because she couldn't control him. The justice system in this country is a joke. The prisons are like a vacation to these criminals. Sentences should be reasonable and fair the first time, and get exponentially more painful if a pattern developes. If you don't get it the first couple of times, you probably aren't going to get it. Prisons should be run like a military institution, with no unauthorized movement or communication. There should be no exercise yard or gym equipment. Inmates should be offered only secondary education and vocational training for rehabilitation, not time to pump iron and hang out with the homies.

jcs003
05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
There wouldn't be so many people to convict if bleeding-heart judges would stop releasing repeat violent and career criminals. I had my stereo stolen three times in phoenix, and by a stroke of luck they caught the kid. He was a 15 year old Mexican kid driving a stolen car full of stolen stuff. I went to court for restitution when he was arraigned and it took the judge literally about 5-10 minutes to read his list of prior convictions and sentences. A 15 year old kid!!! The most shocking thing was that the judge again offered a reduced sentence in juvinile detention, with the remainder in his mother's custody. His mother declined and asked the judge to give him the full sentence because she couldn't control him. The justice system in this country is a joke. The prisons are like a vacation to these criminals. Sentences should be reasonable and fair the first time, and get exponentially more painful if a pattern developes. If you don't get it the first couple of times, you probably aren't going to get it. Prisons should be run like a military institution, with no unauthorized movement or communication. There should be no exercise yard or gym equipment. Inmates should be offered only secondary education and vocational training for rehabilitation, not time to pump iron and hang out with the homies.

i agree with your point. it is true there is too many occasions when a crime is reduced to something lesser to keep room in the prisons and jails to allow for "more violent" offenders.

the politics within the judicial system also has bearing on a judges ability to maintain scrutinity on every case.

simply put, the punishment should fit the crime, and multiple offenders should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

edit: crimes against peoples property should not treated so lightly. they need to find a new way to punish these people.

extremeblastr
05-17-2009, 02:26 PM
your all missing the point, i don't feel bad for the "criminal" in this situation but i do disapprove of the way it was handled, when that cop was given that job he agreed to uphold the law according to a procedure that is given to him in no uncertain terms and he chose to violate it. i'm not saying the guy who ran didn't deserve a good smack because i sure would've given him one but as a police officer his job is to detain him with as little physical contact as possible not beat his *** for running.

jcs003
05-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
your all missing the point, i don't feel bad for the "criminal" in this situation but i do disapprove of the way it was handled, when that cop was given that job he agreed to uphold the law according to a procedure that is given to him in no uncertain terms and he chose to violate it. i'm not saying the guy who ran didn't deserve a good smack because i sure would've given him one but as a police officer his job is to detain him with as little physical contact as possible not beat his *** for running.

i don't think anyone missed the point. i seems we all tended to agree to some extent. basically, what was said id the whole system is at fault and the law abiding citizens do all the suffering.

ZeroLogic
05-17-2009, 02:48 PM
See kids, if you don't break any laws you wouldn't have this crap. I personally would of shocked him. If hes crazy enough to run, then hes crazy enough to put my life in danger.

jcs003
05-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
See kids, if you don't break any laws you wouldn't have this crap. I personally would of shocked him. If hes crazy enough to run, then hes crazy enough to put my life in danger.

to be fair if he is gonna run he may not want to fight. i.e. fight or flight personality. (but who wants arrested)

but as you stated, "don't break any laws"

F-16Guy
05-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I think a little stunner to the head to disorient him is totally justified. It's too easy for people to armchair quarterback and tell the police how to react to a situation.

jcs003 -- You're right. The atmosphere in prisons is too lax and easy, so it has lost it's effect as a deterrant. Give people one or two chances, and then stick it to them. Make those first couple of trips to correctional custody so miserable that they'd never want to go back. Military CC is extremely strict and regimented. You don't speak unless spoken to, you march in formation everywhere you go, and you even eat at attention. No free time. That's the kind of discipline that prisoners need. If they can be rehab'd, they will. If that doesn't do it, put them away and toss the key. No more revolving door.

jcs003
05-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I think a little stunner to the head to disorient him is totally justified. It's too easy for people to armchair quarterback and tell the police how to react to a situation.

jcs003 -- You're right. The atmosphere in prisons is too lax and easy, so it has lost it's effect as a deterrant. Give people one or two chances, and then stick it to them. Make those first couple of trips to correctional custody so miserable that they'd never want to go back. Military CC is extremely strict and regimented. You don't speak unless spoken to, you march in formation everywhere you go, and you even eat at attention. No free time. That's the kind of discipline that prisoners need. If they can be rehab'd, they will. If that doesn't do it, put them away and toss the key. No more revolving door.

fort levinsworth wasn't the toughest prison in the country for nothing.

JForestZ34
05-17-2009, 08:50 PM
There are still laws that the police have to abide by..

I'm sure his heart was pumping because he didn't know if the guy had a gun or whatnot, but that still doesn't give him the right to just walk up and kick the guy in the head... I'm sure he is the type of cop that would shoot someone in the back too...

If someone stole something out of your home and you went chasing the guy down the street.. Say he tripped and someone was taping the whole thing.. If you ran up to the guy and kicked him in the face for stealing your stuff you would be charged with aggravated assault.. This cop should be charged also...

James

F-16Guy
05-18-2009, 05:57 AM
The guy's lucky this isn't Russia or somewhere like that. He would have gotten a lot more than a little love tap to the head. That guy was a threat to everyone around him, so IMO, the cop had every right to make sure that he wasn't going to have a change of heart and try to fight. If the cop would have kicked someone who was not resisting and not putting everyone's life in danger, then I would agree with pressing charges, but not for these circumstances. You have to give the benefit of the doubt to the police in a situation like this.

Pappy
05-18-2009, 06:14 AM
The guy's lucky this isn't Russia or somewhere like that. He would have gotten a lot more than a little love tap to the head. That guy was a threat to everyone around him, so IMO, the cop had every right to make sure that he wasn't going to have a change of heart and try to fight. If the cop would have kicked someone who was not resisting and not putting everyone's life in danger, then I would agree with pressing charges, but not for these circumstances. You have to give the benefit of the doubt to the police in a situation like this.

As much as I feel that scumbag deserves to be thrown under the jail, his rights were violated after he surrendered.

Youre correct, this isn't russia. Even the guilty have rights.

The cop is wrong, period. He will claim he had the right to kick the guy because he felt he was "playing dead".

If this is the way the law is to be twisted, then what can we do to police that break the law? We either abide by the law of the land, or no one is spared punsihment that the individual deems necassary in the heat of the moment. Think about that.

krt400ex
05-18-2009, 11:06 AM
im sorry, but the guy put his hands up and laid down one the ground...face down. the cop took a step over the line. if the guy was trying to get into a fist fight wit the cop, then by all means...but not when the guy gives up completely as shown in the video. if i were the guy giving up and then getting kicked in the head, i would have got up off the ground and handed that cops @$$ to him

F-16Guy
05-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Everyone is playing armchair quarterback after watching the last 30 seconds of the chase. I'm prepared to give the police some leeway in securing someone who has threatened the life of multiple innocent victims. You can't see or hear from the helicoper view what that officer saw or heard. You weren't involved in the chase and privy to all of the information that that officer was. When you second guess and tie the hands of law enforcement, you empower the criminal element and endanger more innocent lives. The next time this POS runs from the police, he may kill an innocent family or run into a bus stop full of school children, and I'm not prepared to trade a sore head for that.

gncc025
05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Everyone is playing armchair quarterback after watching the last 30 seconds of the chase. I'm prepared to give the police some leeway in securing someone who has threatened the life of multiple innocent victims. You can't see or hear from the helicoper view what that officer saw or heard. You weren't involved in the chase and privy to all of the information that that officer was. When you second guess and tie the hands of law enforcement, you empower the criminal element and endanger more innocent lives. The next time this POS runs from the police, he may kill an innocent family or run into a bus stop full of school children, and I'm not prepared to trade a sore head for that.

Very well put. I totally agree

Pappy
05-18-2009, 12:31 PM

Armchair quaterbacking is exactly what is done in review of this incident by those that will decide the officers fate.

Condoning brutality doesn't empower criminals, it empowers illegal actions by a law enforcement officer. The suspect was down, he was not making any actions beyond surrendering. He could have been calling the cop every name in the book, but knowing the suspect had been previously encarcerated, he knew the jig was up, why do you think he had palms up.. Infact I believe that the officer making contact with him with out immediate back up is against that particuliar departments policy.

There is alot of history surrounding this officer. From what i read he was on his way out before boot stomping an unarmed man.

And as far as the chase, the police endangered lives by pursuing him over a non violent offense....yet again

Its our duty to second geuss those charged with law enforcement and those making the laws.

coryatver
05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
arm chair quarterbacking? What could we have not seen that would justify him kicking the guy in the head when he was surrendering with his hands out laying on his stomach?

F-16Guy
05-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
arm chair quarterbacking? What could we have not seen that would justify him kicking the guy in the head when he was surrendering with his hands out laying on his stomach?
That's exactly my point. You don't know because you weren't where the cop was. Let the police do their job and quit micro-managing them. Police are highly trained people that are capable of making proper decisions under extreme stress and in fluid situations. Not everyone will always agree with all of those decisions, but you have to give the police the benefit of the doubt in volatile situations. That cop is a person, and he (or she) just wants to go home at night and kiss their kids goodnight. If you can do better, join the police force.

Pappy
05-18-2009, 01:11 PM
This country is functionally inept

buck440
05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
vato should of got more

Ryan
05-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr

I agree completely. As for someone who inforces the law, he should abide by the book, more so than other citizens. It doesn't matter what crime the guy did. We've all broken the law before in some sort of way... But after watching that video, I would be afraid to stop for the police. You don't want an unexpected steel toe to the face. You always got to look at both sides of the situation... I bet if he knew he was gonna be kicked like that, he would have kept running.

and f16, as you say, a cop is a person... Which then they should be treated just like the rest of us... They shouldn't recieve any special treatment when they break their own laws. All I can say is, thank god for video cameras to provide us with the truth.

BigLuke
05-18-2009, 01:33 PM
I wouldnt have chased him, Police have guns for a reason. BUT I think he got what he deserved.

smr
05-18-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm not a cop and I have had my runin with them. However I do believe in the words of Matt Dillion "don't be stupid" If you run from the law you gonna have trouble. I personally think the law should have the right to use deadly force when somebody runs. Just think of all the thugs this would take off the streat.

Ryan
05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by smr
I'm not a cop and I have had my runin with them. However I do believe in the words of Matt Dillion "don't be stupid" If you run from the law you gonna have trouble. I personally think the law should have the right to use deadly force when somebody runs. Just think of all the thugs this would take off the streat.

And think of how that would change the amout of innocent or unviolent offenders dying when every cop is quick to the trigger. If anything, it would just make modern criminals more deadly against police. Deadly force is the last solution, and for a good reason.

If you run from the law, your just gonna be in jail or prison for alot longer... And for those of you who think its just a walk in the park.... You never been there!

BigLuke
05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
^^Thats what Im sayin!!^^ Half of these druggies and crooks get off with a slap on the rist, the rest go to prison and guess what our taxes pay to keep them up.

smr
05-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
And think of how that would change the amout of innocent or unviolent offenders dying when every cop is quick to the trigger. If anything, it would just make modern criminals more deadly against police. Deadly force is the last solution, and for a good reason.

Most innocent or unviolent people wouldn't run when they are told by a man in uniform to stop.

Just think of all the crime this would whipe out in the first few months. Not to mention the amount of $$$ we would save on jails.

Pappy
05-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by BigLuke
^^Thats what Im sayin!!^^ Half of these druggies and crooks get off with a slap on the rist, the rest go to prison and guess what our taxes pay to keep them up.

And more then likely, our tax dollars will settle a law suit brought by this scumbag thanks to the officer needing to boot him in the head.

Did he deserve a boot? Yep...but it wasn't the officers position to dole it out to him. We have a justice system for penalties. It aint perfect but its the law of the land.

Anyone know what clothing company this officer owns? It designs and sell clothing based on prison thugs and gangs...would love to see it

Ryan
05-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by smr
Most innocent or unviolent people wouldn't run when they are told by a man in uniform to stop.

Just think of all the crime this would whipe out in the first few months. Not to mention the amount of $$$ we would save on jails.

Ok, so lets see how many of us here, have ran away on our ATVs when we came across an officer... Not because we were really doing something terribly wrong, but because we don't want to possibly have to deal with a jerk who has the power to take our vehicles and give us fines we can't afford. Just a simple example

I know alot of good police officers around here, and alot that just seem like they got it out for you... Just like everyone else on this planet.

But I think pappy said it the best. - "Did he deserve a boot? Yep...but it wasn't the officers position to dole it out to him. We have a justice system for penalties. It aint perfect but its the law of the land." End of story.

JForestZ34
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Let the police do their job and quit micro-managing them. Police are highly trained people that are capable of making proper decisions under extreme stress and in fluid situations.

Ok and what about that poor kid that got shot after he was pulled from the subway. He had 5 cops on him already, was cuffed and the cop shot him in the back.

That is proper judgement? Pappy said it right, he did deserve the boot but not from the cop. Just imagine was goes on that is not seen on camera. Like I said before there are a lot of decent cops out there but when something like this happens it makes then look bad too.

And I saw a post before about running from the cops on your quads. Say you did that and you got caught would you want Mr 5.0 to come up and kick you in the face after you stopped and layer on the ground? I think not.

James

F-16Guy
05-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I understand what Pappy, JForest, and the rest of you guys are saying, but I'm sick of only the good guys being held accountable. If I was a career criminal and ran from the police, yeah, I might expect a knee or foot in the back of my head. Those are the risks you accept when you make those decisions. I know I'm not going to change any minds here, and I'm not necessarily pro-police, I'm just tired of how ridiculous and political our justice system is sometimes. This cop will probably get a harsher punishment than the criminal he apprehended simply because of that footage and the outrage of the bleeding heart liberal media.

As far as the law suits are concerned, I'm 100% in favor of Bush's proposal to cap punitive damages so that scumbag lawyers like the one that will invariably represent this POS can't make millions off the backs of taxpayers. It would also go a long way in fixing health care costs, but that's another discussion. Pay out actual damages, but cap punitive.

Pappy
05-18-2009, 10:05 PM
1st, please dont think I am for the bad guy....I am for our civil rights being protected. This scumbag deserved alot more then a kick to the head but that doesnt make that action justifiable.

2nd, the "good guy" isn't always a good guy. And yes, good guys sometimes do bad things. This is exactly why we hold them accountable, especially when they wear a badge.

We dont excuse doctors who mistreat or preform malpractice, we dont excuse other professionals for harming individulas or violating their rights and a LEO is no different, and infact with their responsibilty they have to be held to a higher standard.

If that suspect had made an attempt to resist then he deserved to be treated accordingly, but the video clearly shows a arms out face down surrender.

And looking into this officers past, he has some issues that i think are not going to bode well for him.

Alot of us are sick of the system, but until someone comes up with something better, we need to honor it and expect those charged with LEO work to do their job without serving street justice. There is no factual proof that being a thug to thugs works. Its infact illogical. This type of action is becoming more and more open to the public eye and its not serving anyone any good. You hold those accountable to the letter of the law regardless of the crime. The system does work when HONEST people make it work.

If beatings and killings worked, then wars would be over in days. There is a time and place for this type of behavior but having police officers making decisions on physical justice is far from what we stand for in this country

Now if they award the officer, give him a raise and make it policy to boot a suspect that has this guys background, a message might be sent to the right people that this society isnt taking it anymore. That should be the discussion for the future. If we are going to take a stand, then we have to open a can of worms this country has been fighting against since the civil war. Race based violence, profiling, weighted judgements based on a segment of the population or race etc. Most folks can rationalize that concept, but making it legal isnt gonna happen.

05-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Ryan

If you run from the law, your just gonna be in jail or prison for alot longer... And for those of you who think its just a walk in the park.... You never been there!

If cops where pulling triggers on people just for running there would be many more dead cops. When people run it's almost always from panic and when you panic you don't think. If some one has a gun on them and know a cops going to shoot them if they run there going to probably try and kill the cop first and then run instead of just running.

And cops chasing people are the ones who are really endangering the public by causing high speed pursuits and what not. Around here if you run in a car/truck the cops normally just chase you long enough to get your license plate down and then let you go.

Ha ya and the people who said about being locked up not bad just hanigin with the homies. I guarantee 99.9% of the people on this forum have no clue how to even survive in prison or what goes on. Can't tell on any one at less you want to be killed. Only time you can tell on some one is when your life is in real great danger. Not to mention the guards who are no good either. There total A-holes. Some will pay other inmates to rape other inmates. Around here one of the things they do is on Christmas eve they sing to them selves "ill be coming home for Christmas" just to mess with the inmates because Christmas is one of the most depressing times of the year in prison.

And a lot of cops are mest up and if there not most are still piss heads. They lie at less on tape just like criminals. Some cops around here shot over 75 rounds into a guy for not getting out of his truck fast enough. He was talking on his cell phone so they said they thought it was a gun to cover it up! The guy was on the ground dying and they just kept shooting and in the presses ended up shooting an illegal Mexican sitting out side drinking!

And laws make no since my lawyer was just telling me today. Like a 17 year old fights a 17 year old. Know what happens? The winner of the fight gets a felony for aggravated battery to a minor because at age 17 your charged as a adult for criminal stuff! Now that makes since?

gncc025
05-18-2009, 10:58 PM
And cops chasing people are the ones who are really endangering the public by causing high speed pursuits and what not.

I disagree with this statement. Its the criminal that "causes" these pursuits and what not. Its their decision to run from authority and about them "panicking" thats total b.s. They run because they've done something wrong. Being a cop is not the easiest job, they make mistakes like every one else does on the job. A mistake is a kick to the face, a gunshot to the back goes beyond a mistake. Now a kick to the face was a mistake i agree but he doesnt deserve to be played out as the bad guy. this is just my opinion
Does anyone even know why he was running in the first place? It would be interesting to know

05-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by gncc025
I disagree with this statement. Its the criminal that "causes" these pursuits and what not. Its their decision to run from authority and about them "panicking" thats total b.s. They run because they've done something wrong. Being a cop is not the easiest job, they make mistakes like every one else does on the job. A mistake is a kick to the face, a gunshot to the back goes beyond a mistake. Now a kick to the face was a mistake i agree but he doesnt deserve to be played out as the bad guy. this is just my opinion
Does anyone even know why he was running in the first place? It would be interesting to know

There can be no deadly high speed pursuit if the cop does not chase. A cop even said it him self few years ago in my town. He said something along the lines of when cops chase some one people get hurt or killed so they only try to get the license plates. I think the cops who chase only do it because they want to be thought of as a hero.

That cop disserves a good kick him self to the head. He did it only because he was mad. Cops want power and demand respect. When you run from or lie to them they consider that disrespect. It makes them mad.

And the cop made a mistake? Naw he was just mad. The guy who ran made the real mistake and he realized so he gave up. The cop broke a bigger law him self than the guy who ran!
And many people run for stupid things. Child support, traffic ticket warrants, drug paraphernalia, and what not other little things. Hell back when I was younger and had no record I ran a hand full of times and it was over being out past curfew drinking with friends.

gncc025
05-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by ACR
There can be no deadly high speed pursuit if the cop does not chase. A cop even said it him self few years ago in my town. He said something along the lines of when cops chase some one people get hurt or killed so they only try to get the license plates. I think the cops who chase only do it because they want to be thought of as a hero.

That cop disserves a good kick him self to the head. He did it only because he was mad. Cops want power and demand respect. When you run from or lie to them they consider that disrespect. It makes them mad.

And the cop made a mistake? Naw he was just mad. The guy who ran made the real mistake and he realized so he gave up. The cop broke a bigger law him self than the guy who ran!
And many people run for stupid things. Child support, traffic ticket warrants, drug paraphernalia, and what not other little things. Hell back when I was younger and had no record I ran a hand full of times and it was over being out past curfew drinking with friends.

I see what your saying but I still have to disagree. I have my opinion and im sticking to it. Its nothing personal its just how I view the situation. done ranting now :D

cosinostra
05-19-2009, 11:47 AM
The cop should be fired. I've been there and know how he felt.

But the fact is cops are good guys, bad guys are bad guys. Bad guys run from cops, cops chase bad guys. Thats the way the game is played.

If there is a cop out there that can't handle that fact, then they don't need to be a cop. He has been trained how to handle that situation and chose to go against everything he knows and make it a personal thing. Plain and simple, the guy gave up.

Now because this cop made such a poor choice, some jerk is going to get a pocket full of cash to blow on more bad guy stuff.

smr
05-19-2009, 01:36 PM

I with gncc025 on this one. Saying it's the cops fualt is like telling the bank it's there fault for being robbed because they have money.

Pappy
05-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Parole violator is what the news articles have stated as to why he was running.

There is a huge movement in this country to limit police chases especially when its a non violent offense that the suspect is being chased for. There is no proof or facts that curtailing a chase leads the suspect to keep running.....but there is factual data that shows continuing a chase escaltes the speeds and damage to innocent bystanders. I detailed the data in a thread a few months back.

The cop willingly booted the suspect in the face, he was under no order to do so and acted on his own free will. The only defense he has will be that the suspect was playing dead and was failing to comply with a direct order, where by he kicked the suspect to assure he was ...well what...laying face down with his arms spread:eek2:

The ACLU is all over this department and this officer. The officer has been turned down several times for promotions as well. It will be interesting to see it play out. Best case, we get a cop that violates civil rights off teh street and hopefull a judge will not award the suspect any damages due to the booting.

Pappy
05-19-2009, 05:33 PM
LOL..not to add fuel to the fire:p

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=294648&src=109

Like I said, even the good can do bad things

gncc025
05-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
LOL..not to add fuel to the fire:p

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=294648&src=109

Like I said, even the good can do bad things

hey! it was only a mistake........:devil: jk nah thats pretty sad actually. what a dumbazz

Pappy
05-19-2009, 06:04 PM
hey! it was only a mistake........:devil: jk nah thats pretty sad actually. what a dumbazz

Now think of all the people he has locked up over the years for selling or using. This is one of the reasons they have to be held to a higher standard. 20 years down the drain for him

JForestZ34
05-19-2009, 06:17 PM
You want to know what the real sad truth is.... When his day comes in court his punishment wouldn't be what you or I would get. I bet he will get probation or something stupid like that. Let him take the heat like everyone else.

James

JForestZ34
05-19-2009, 08:30 PM
One more post and I am done talking about this..

Check out this video.. America's finest at there best...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5O5HCyjtTU

I was on my cell phone... I wasn't all over the road.. LOL.

James

IdahoMX
05-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Polics are not some mythical beast that are in cappable of making a bad choice or decision. With enough aggrevation on any given day any one of you would do the same. They are people to that make 50G a year. Day in and out they put up with dip shi@@s doing what they want and hope not to pay. Does it make it right, No. But if you cant hold yourself up to the same standards then maybe you should cut them a little slack. They are running for a reason.

05-20-2009, 04:35 AM

There is a huge movement in this country to limit police chases especially when its a non violent offense that the suspect is being chased for. There is no proof or facts that curtailing a chase leads the suspect to keep running.....but there is factual data that shows continuing a chase escaltes the speeds and damage to innocent bystanders. I detailed the data in a thread a few months back.

The cop willingly booted the suspect in the face, he was under no order to do so and acted on his own free will. The only defense he has will be that the suspect was playing dead and was failing to comply with a direct order, where by he kicked the suspect to assure he was ...well what...laying face down with his arms spread:eek2:

The ACLU is all over this department and this officer. The officer has been turned down several times for promotions as well. It will be interesting to see it play out. Best case, we get a cop that violates civil rights off teh street and hopefull a judge will not award the suspect any damages due to the booting.

The suspect 100% deserves money and the cop should be charged, no matter what crime the runner had done!!! What the cop did is 100% the same as kicking any random guy in the head. And then the other cop started hitting him with his stick. I hope he gets lots of money, millions!!

People don't even realize this kind of stuff goes on 24/7! With out video there is no prove the cops did any wrong its just a bad guy making stuff up in court with out vid when the cop lies! I know how stuff works I been there done that and doing it again and my lawyer tells me all the time how they all lie and how theres only 1 guy he knows that does not lie in my county!! Yes only 1 guy! The rest will lie!

What would happen if a cops kid robbed banks? It would be dismissed or would get probation! Then a normal person like me? Facing almost 32 years!

05-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
You want to know what the real sad truth is.... When his day comes in court his punishment wouldn't be what you or I would get. I bet he will get probation or something stupid like that. Let him take the heat like everyone else.

James

There is felony strikes. 1 strike like me you normally get 2-6 years. 2nd strike adds 2-10 years extra onto your sentence plus what ever you did. 3 strikes and you get life almost always.

smr
05-20-2009, 07:38 AM