PDA

View Full Version : Motoworks vs. Rossier on the dyno.

ltr311
05-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Bike was an 08 with pipe, fuelatv intake, motoworks fmu. Tuned the best of my ability. The rossier pipe was able to get a nice straight line on afr. The motoworks was pretty straight but I couldnt get the rich dip in the mig range to come out. Not to rich but part of the reason why the rossier beat it in the mid range. Then the motoworks took over. Both pipes had over 10 runs on each pipe and this is the best I could extract out of both. Thank you to Johnny motoworks for supplying the pipe to test and Crixal for letting me beat up on his pipe. LOL

For me the motoworks is a hands down winner. I think with a power commander the mid range gap could have been lessened and the top end on the motoworks is killer. Though the motoworks unit works just fine and was very easy to use. No computere needed to use it. This bike needs to be revved and thats been known since its debut. The bottom was about the same on both pipes. Not to mention the motoworks made this power with the sparky and is close to 10db quieter. Thats the deciding factor for me. It was way quieter.

Here is the graph. This was on pump gas. Not to shabby. Bike runs good with either pipe. Riding down the street you could feel the motoworks pull through the gears harder.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/Nismo311/DSC01811.jpg

Nosspeedca
05-16-2009, 03:41 PM
wow great information. thanks for taking the time and comparing these pipes.

crixal
05-16-2009, 06:05 PM
well, i'd like to apologize for talking trash on motoworks, lol. looks better & makes more power than rossier. i'll take offers on the rossier, send me a PM.

hotshotgoal30
05-16-2009, 08:06 PM
ha ha thats funny. all this time everyone claimed rossier. now that i bought a rossier this comes out?! what the hell. lol so the motoworks is actually a little better but on top end. do you think that much is even noticable? cause really it isnt much. if it is who wants my rossier full system? lol

jlrenken
05-16-2009, 08:27 PM
was it a motoworks slipon that u get with the rider program or was it a full system

X400EX
05-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Nice information, thanks a lot.

ml450r
05-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Your Rossier pipe is fine. You definately wouldn't notice a difference. The rossier is actually making more power in the range you use most often. I have a Rossier, I think it will be fine.

The motorworks is fine too, I am just saying if you already have one, just keep it.

I assume that is a full system...motoworks?

crixal
05-16-2009, 09:03 PM
it's really not a tragic loss for the rossier. i would just rather have the motoworks now because it looks better & is not as loud. most people can't ride to the full potential of the rossier anyway.

ltr311
05-16-2009, 09:04 PM
The rossier is a good pipe, and yes they were both full systems. I just like the fact the motoworks makes this kind of power quiet and spark arrested. Thats pretty damn sweet.

I dont think every rossier owner should go sell their pipe though. i can tell you the bike didnt feel slow with it on there, but the motoworks pipe did feel a touch faster. Also the mid range can be brought up with a little less fuel in the midrange. It goes all the way to 12.9 where the dip is. The bike liked the 13.8-14.0 range.

ml450r
05-16-2009, 09:08 PM
the motoworks making that power at 10dbs lower is incredible. I agree the power could be matched by leaning it out if it was at 12.9.

Great info. Too bad I already have a Rossier.......:)

hotshotgoal30
05-16-2009, 09:13 PM
how loud is each pipe?

cf3go
05-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Have you tested the motoworks that comes in the racer support package

ProConcept
05-16-2009, 11:07 PM
I wonder if the Rossier is a pipe that works better when the motor is cammed and ported?

grannysleeper
05-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Finally an exhaust comparison that is based on fact, not hype and opinion! I'm really glad to see how well the Motoworks did. From what I've seen, they really stand behind their product and have outstanding customer service, not to mention that they've been working very closely with Mama Can-Am on the racing circuit. How much do you charge for a dyno tune, ltr311? Boise is within driving distance...

ltr311
05-17-2009, 09:10 PM
For any member Ill dyno and tune for $100 bucks. I guarantee Ill dial it in.

ScottB125
05-19-2009, 09:40 AM
I put a Rossier on mine a week or so ago. One thing I noticed, the head pipe did look smaller than factory. I wanted to mic them, but never did get a chance. LTr311, was the head pipe on the Motoworks larger or smaller than the Rossier. I'm guessing this could be why the Motoworks makes more power up top?

SilverBomb
05-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey ltr311, can you post dyno results comparing the Motoworks with the Ron Woods? That would be sweet to see!

ltr311
05-19-2009, 10:11 AM
yes the motoworks starts bigger than the rossier. They end up at about the same size because the rossier steps one more time. The core of the motoworks is smaller and longer and thats why it hangs in bottom end and is way quieter. But the piping is how they have kept good top end. it looks like alot of time went into the motoworks pipe.

jlrenken
06-12-2009, 06:37 AM
does anyone know how the motoworks pipe from the support program compares to the rossier pipe.