PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Axle

liljhall09
05-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Well my axle is wobbling pretty bad lol , wanted to know how many people had to send there's back to Lonestar and how it works , how does the warranty work ?

Giz400ex
05-16-2009, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by liljhall09
Well my axle is wobbling pretty bad lol , wanted to know how many people had to send there's back to Lonestar and how it works , how does the warranty work ? Im pretty sure you will have to send your axle to them along with the warranty card you got when u purchased it. Other than that, I would call them :)

JJs450r
05-16-2009, 06:21 AM
ya you gotta have to card or its no dice so they told me

LT80
05-16-2009, 08:10 AM
I'd call Dan at LSR and simply explain that the axel says Lonestar and that should be the only requirement.

JJs450r
05-16-2009, 03:52 PM
they were rude to me and said i gotta have the warranty card, guess they were just having a bad day

eastcoastpro20
05-16-2009, 03:55 PM
ive always herd lonestar is rude, and they just bend ur axle back instead sending a new one, u should buy and rpm dominator 2, it has lifetime warranty if it bends or breaks they send a new one for free, a budy of mine says he has never scene one bend.

TWISTED
05-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by eastcoastpro20
ive always herd lonestar is rude, and they just bend ur axle back instead sending a new one, u should buy and rpm dominator 2, it has lifetime warranty if it bends or breaks they send a new one for free, a budy of mine says he has never scene one bend.

They will bend and break too.... They all do, but the Dominator seems to be the better of the two........

eastcoastpro20
05-16-2009, 04:27 PM
i was just sayin hes never seen one bend, and ive heard if u bend or break one the last thing your gna be worried about is fixin the axle cause its gna take one **** of a wreck haha

Todd 450
05-17-2009, 04:52 PM
I've run Lonestar for many years and yes i have bent one before, but i would rather bend a axle and still finish a race than go to a brand that claim there 17 times as strong but when it breaks you end up like Dustin wimmer and Chad , straight over the bars and dnf. These other axles dont bend they go bang along with yourself.

jcs003
05-17-2009, 04:58 PM
they are very tough. i bent durablue axles on my older quads. i have a used an LSR on my 400ex and a new bought one on my 250r and they can take abuse. the only issue with the LSR is keeping the chrome looking good. it chips and peels.

deathman53
05-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I've bent lsr's and broke them. I was told to get warranty service I had to send back the axle, warranty card, original box and copy of reciept to get anything from them. A buddy of mine, bent a lsr axle twice, they straightened it once for free, second time charged $100, he sold it to me not long after, ~1 year later it got bent again enough not to be ridable. He bought a tapered rpm carrier, rpm anti-fade and dominator axle thinking the axle won't bend, it bent on him soon after. They all bend/break, durablue/bend/break/snap have the worst reputation, they will straighten/replace it once and after charge you %50 of msrp, some lifetime warranty!!!!

LT80
05-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Angela is home, I'll ask her what the scoop is.

I remember at Red Bud, If the wind would die down, you could hear the durablues snap over the hill. LMAO

I think they all just straighten the axels.

edit::
Angela says to call a salesperson and get a RA# (return authorisation number).
Box the axel and put the RA# on the box and send.

You only need the card to get a axel replaced.

ss440ex
05-18-2009, 08:21 AM
2nd Lsr that broke!
Good luck with your LSR warrenty.

lwrider20
05-18-2009, 03:27 PM
not sure who you spoke to at lsr but you do not need anything to get the axle straightened. rpm will just straighten it too if it is bent. if you break it you need the warranty card or a proof of purchase with both manufactures. i dont think that is too much to ask for and im pretty sure all axle manufactures require the same thing. as for what axle is better, anybody can bend or break any axle, anytime. lsr will also cover some of the splines on the axle for up to 1 year and they dont charge you if you send back a dirty axle.

ss440ex
05-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Will I get a warranty card with my new replaced axle?

lwrider20
05-18-2009, 09:56 PM
yes you get a warranty card with all new axles. i would recommend putting it in a safe place along with your proof of purchase that way in case you ever break it you will have no problems.

ss440ex
05-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Can you please send me mine?
It was a replaced axle...

Thanks for the help.

lwrider20
05-19-2009, 12:38 PM
it was an axle that was replaced by us under warranty? if that is the case you dont need the warranty card. we have records showing that we sent you that new axle.

ss440ex
05-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Thats cool....
I like that!

Thanks, for explaining.