PDA

View Full Version : 2009 heartland challenge

somewon
05-15-2009, 10:26 AM
hey everyone,

they are planning another heartland challenge in august! My friends and I want to be a part of this one and I wanted to see if anyone else was planning to run this race.

The only thing I'm confused on is the rules for multiple ATV's, they don't make it very clear on how a team is allowed to swap atvs. if anyone that raced last year can help clear this up for me I would appreciate it.

-Adam

grantmi
05-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Great race....looking forward to it this year. Lazy M Racing should be there.

You are allowed (1) machine per rider, up to (3) machines / (3) riders.

The spare ATV's are kept in an impound area. Last year when you wanted to switch, you would come through scoring and exit the course into the impound area. You then switch machines, exit the impound, and re-enter the course at the start of pit row. Once you exit you can go to your pit and switch riders.

You are not allowed to work on the machine in the impound area, only in the pits.

Hope this helps

somewon
05-18-2009, 12:22 PM
That is exactly what i needed to know!!

Thanks, and hopefully we will see you there.

-Adam

Colby@C&DRacing
05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Hopefully you can make the race it is a blast. Team C&D Racing will be there for sure

somewon
07-27-2009, 10:14 AM
FYI - our team is planning to be there, we are holding a Bikini bike wash at the hooters in independence, MO thursday the 6th to help cover some costs for this race.

Our plan is to get to the site on friday night, my question is they list tech inspection ending at 4:00 on friday, do they not have tech saturday morning for late arrivials?

We are entering into the C class for this race and hope to see some of you out there.

Colby@C&DRacing
07-30-2009, 08:24 AM
I am sure Andy ( the promoter) will get late arrivals teched. Just don't show up right before the race :)

somewon
08-01-2009, 08:31 AM
cool. well I'm sure i will see you there. :)

somewon
08-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Hey colby,

Since you did the race last year, mind throwing a little info my way on what to expect the terrain to be like? I reviewed the pics from last years race and saw there will be rock piles, telephone poles, and some small hill climbs. Are there any big mud holes? I'm guessing the laps last year were a few of miles long? I'm planning on sticking a pair of new meats on the rear of my quad. I've been looking at the knarly XC (in case of wetter weather) and Klaw XC any opinion on which would perform better up there?

Thanks,

Adam