PDA

View Full Version : ? on Pro Armor Fat Peg install

rinaldi
05-14-2009, 07:51 PM
I got these back from RM today after thinking there was an issue with the bends on the heel guards (they are not round). But apparently it is just a cheaper way to produce the angle. So tonight I attempted to install and had everthing lined up but the weld tab on the right side nerf bar that mounts to the lower front A arm hole. The tab that is welded on the nerf bar is bent at an angle and does not line perpendicular to the mounting hole. The left side mates with the hole perfectly, but not the right. With the angle it is welded at it prevents the new A arm bolt from going through the hole. I contacted RM and they said that is how it is?? It's impossible to get the bolt through. I told RM I want a return slip and I will buy another brand. Personally I think these suck. I do admit they look the nicest if you can get them mounted, but the quality vs price on these just aren't there. Did anyone else have this issue with the welded tab not lining up? Is the right tab angled and the left tab not?

rob_990
05-15-2009, 05:01 AM
man that sucks.mine were both even

Balaz_73*00
05-15-2009, 05:38 AM
No nerf bars will be perfect. My rath's didn't even line up perfectly even after hearing how PERFECT their fitment was. I had to stand on them to get the front mounts to line up. Standing on them, using a rubber mallet, screwdrivers etc... to get the front tab to move. It was about an inch off.

Word to the wise, don't ever expect aftermarket equipment to fit perfect. It will never happen.

rinaldi
05-15-2009, 07:18 AM
My sons XFR fit perfectly.

Honda#4
05-15-2009, 08:16 AM
I know its more but do yourself a favor and go and buy the IMS-Roll package on Ebay, I guarantee you wont have a single problem and everything will bolt up perfect. You'll save yourself 200 bucks from buying it online instead of buying everything seperate.

Unless you plan on buying the same set of what you had.

RIDEREDson
05-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4
I know its more but do yourself a favor and go and buy the IMS-Roll package on Ebay, I guarantee you wont have a single problem and everything will bolt up perfect. You'll save yourself 200 bucks from buying it online instead of buying everything seperate.

Unless you plan on buying the same set of what you had.

Or just wait for the new Pro Armors with netted heelguards to come out. I was told to expect them at the end of the year, or later, for the 400ex.

Honda#4
05-15-2009, 11:44 AM
I plan on buying Roll ones here soon if I can ever get my heelguards sold.

hondaking52
05-15-2009, 11:54 AM
I plan on buying Roll ones here soon if I can ever get my heelguards sold. i thought you already had the full ims/roll setup?

Honda#4
05-15-2009, 12:01 PM
I do, I wanna sell my heelguards I have now and buy the netted version of them.

hondaking52
05-15-2009, 12:04 PM
I do, I wanna sell my heelguards I have now and buy the netted version of them. ahhh, gotcha

Honda#4
05-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Gotta be updated with there new products, now if only I could find a aluminum shifter and brake pedal i'd be all set.

Snipe
05-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Im soon to buy a new set of DG with the net heal guards or the AC ones man they look sweet lol.

05-15-2009, 03:29 PM
my rpo armors have been mounted on my 450r and then on my 400ex with no problems at all....

it is aluminum, put a little heat to it, bend it straight and enjoy

rinaldi
05-15-2009, 03:58 PM
I was not going to beat on the tab since it is just welded to the nerf bar. I figured if I tried to beat it too hard it would snap off. I don't have a torch, so other than sitting there with a lighter I am not sure how I intended on bending it.

To be honest about the Pro Armors I think they are WAY overrated. First off the bends on the heel guards are not round. THis is just a cheaper way to produce the bends. Secondly they are not welded very well. Third they are 33% thinner than my son's XFR's. And finally they just don't fit worth a sh.t.

Snipe
05-15-2009, 07:55 PM
I agree one thing I have learned in buying anything is dont buy cheap unless you know its good as usually buying cheap leads to cheap ****.

Dont buy a name buying a name brand usually means your shooting extra cash to that company cause there decal is on it. Research and buy a decent product for a good price and dont be afraid to buy used.

Sorry off subject on the learning lesson but I totally agree dont buy a name. buy it cause its a good product.