PDA

View Full Version : need some advice, is this accurate

vindell
05-14-2009, 06:46 PM
This was a message I received on a forum I was on . I have a70 eton at a local shop, Not to sound frugal but I just spent 600.00 to have this work done. Don't mid paying for a good running machine. However, if this is not inaccurate. 400.00 is lot for labor. has to be wrong, Lot's of great input on shop This was my response I got " Call one of the DRR dealers and buy a take off stock drr pipe usually about $50.Then go on ebay and look up auto tech355 ebay store.If you are planning on staying at 70cc for a while buy a 20mm carb and throttle cable.Yesterday they had a 20mm kit(cable,carb reeds and intake) for $99.I put this exact kit on for a local racer on a budget and it took him from running 6-7 to running 2-3 at our local races.Also put a set of 6.0 rollers in the variator and 1500 torque spring.What I'm trying to say is you don't have to go broke to get faster.This will not make the quad national fast just fast enough to be competitive locally.
So for under $200 and a couple hours of work your quad will get a lot faster." Please tell me this is not the case. Although 400.00 isn't alot too see my kid's smile after he rides it one time. LOL

JAG Motosports
05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
I couldn't really follow all of that:confused: but I will say racing isn't cheap. Marc (Hot Quads) uses my credit card more than I do:huh

airmobile101
05-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Autotech355 is expensive!!! I got a guy that I buy from on Ebay thats in Taiwan. If he doesnt have a item he trys to get it for you. I picked up a Koso Variator from him for $32.00 shipped. If interested,send me a PM and Ill send you a link to his store front on ebay. He also sells OKO carbs if thats something your into.

bulldogfallon
05-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Buy from someone here in the U.S. that answers the phone day, night and weekends.

Buy from those who use the products AND provide the theory behind their recomendations.

Labor can be expensive....Usually from $69 to $99 an hour plu shop fees.

It can add up in a hurry.

Unless your engine was disassembled $400 is a healthy amount.

Can you provide a breakdown of their services?

vindell
05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
picked up quad , let me tell ya, what a differance, can't wait to see the kid'd faces !! What we do for our children. God bless.
Corey, owner of kool kids, in NJ. What a stand up guy!! A little over 600.00 and the thing flies! got 1100.00 in it now and real happy ! Pipe,carb, intake and clutch kit. Got a great deal Paid 500 for quad 600.00 in mod's

etondaddy
05-19-2009, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by vindell
picked up quad , let me tell ya, what a differance, can't wait to see the kid'd faces !! What we do for our children. God bless.
Corey, owner of kool kids, in NJ. What a stand up guy!! A little over 600.00 and the thing flies! got 1100.00 in it now and real happy ! Pipe,carb, intake and clutch kit. Got a great deal Paid 500 for quad 600.00 in mod's
Good deal................;) it's all about the kids.

Mike Kozura

bulldogfallon
05-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Cory is a great guy and has been a staple in this industry for years.

Congrats on your success!!

vindell
05-19-2009, 04:06 PM
wow, rode this thing before dinner. not sure I wasn the kid's to ride it, lol. The kid's are loving it, My little guy say's vroom!!!