PDA

View Full Version : i think i might have an electrical problem

Sparky416ex
01-02-2003, 10:52 PM
when i try to start my bike it back fires and throws fire out the pipe...it only runs if i hold it at half throttle...it could be the carb but i really think its electic...anyone ever had similar problems on a 300ex?

OutlawEX
01-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Did u damper with anything to make it do this,like jetting..It could be ur not getting enough fuel or something is shortening out

wilkin250r
01-03-2003, 01:52 PM
The electronics in quads are built pretty heavy-duty to withstand the constant vibration. They usually don't go goofy, it's most often an all or nothing. Why do you think the problem is electrical?

TRX_Thumper
01-03-2003, 03:09 PM
sounds like its not gettin enough gas to me....clogged fuil line or something

AtvMxRider
01-03-2003, 08:54 PM
sounds like a fuel problem to me.

Sparky416ex
01-03-2003, 11:03 PM
well...a while back it would start doin it and i would turn on the choke and it would run fine, then i figured out it wasnt the choke, it was that little rubber peice, like where your header connect to the slip-on but on the other side of the bike. there werte wires inside it...so i unhooked it and cleaned it and it ran fine. but, i talked to my cousin and he said his did the same thing, but it was the carb, the slide got gummed up and wouldnt drop correctly...so i need to clean that out...and g from there

thanks