PDA

View Full Version : 100 fastest quad racers

crap-banshee32
01-02-2003, 10:43 PM
im the new dirtwheels they posted the list of the top 100 riders. here it is.

JOEX
01-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32
im the new dirtwheels they posted the list of the top 100 riders. here it is.

You're the new dirt wheels? How'd you get that that job?

(nuttin' personal, i'm just messin' with you :D )

How about a belated welcome to EXriders...

Nausty
01-02-2003, 10:55 PM
lmao its dirtwheels, thats nothing but their opinion on the best riders anyways. I mean dana creech-63rd? You see the video of him doing that 360? Now that takes bike skill, not to mention the distances he jumps doing tricks and landing absolutely perfect almost everytime. Not to mention him being a pro mx racer and I dunno about tt.

roostin_dale
01-02-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
lmao its dirtwheels, thats nothing but their opinion on the best riders anyways. I mean dana creech-63rd? You see the video of him doing that 360? Now that takes bike skill, not to mention the distances he jumps doing tricks and landing absolutely perfect almost everytime. Not to mention him being a pro mx racer and I dunno about tt.

he is actualy 68th..lol and yes the 360 does take some darn skill......Dirwheels must not have did their research this time(or any other time) because their tops riders arent even close...imo.

JOEX
01-02-2003, 11:05 PM
It says the "100 fastest"

Fastest what?

Joe

roostin_dale
01-02-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Fastest what?

ballet dancers:huh

OutlawEX
01-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Dirtwheels is a joke..U cant beleive they ***** they pull out their *****...ya ill admit i am a subscriber ,but after my 2 more year's is up im gonna switch..They get paid to give thumbs up on B/s like this

crap-banshee32
01-03-2003, 01:40 AM
i like atv sport

Glow Plug
01-03-2003, 07:08 AM
crap- why did i need to know this???

bansheeguy77
01-03-2003, 08:03 AM
cool but i think dunk should be higher....hes good.....o and i think they forgot natalie?

bansheerider_13
01-03-2003, 08:09 AM
no they put natalie in their he like 58 or something he should be higher and dunk should be lower dunk is good but he shouldnt be up that high and natalie needs to be moved way up he is FAST

bansheeguy77
01-03-2003, 08:11 AM
yeah natalie should be up there behind dunk....trust me dude i rode with both them a few times and their fast they ran like 10 seconds a lap faster than me lol....but dunk always edged natalie out....

01-03-2003, 08:39 AM
IMO,,...it makes very sense to compare TT riders .,MX riders
& XC riders ..all under one "umbrella"...but thats Dirtwheels ..:confused:

YLW400
01-03-2003, 08:44 AM
There is one of those Delaware boys on there!! Gilbert Attix. Alot of those WV boys too!!

Ryan
01-03-2003, 08:55 AM
What is Dana doing at # 68? I think they had a little kid come in and make this list :rolleyes:

Poncho
01-03-2003, 08:55 AM
Look at them Kentucky Boys!!!

QuadGirl
01-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Sent Dirtwheels an email after reading this list in the magazine, requesting to know how the chose these riders placings. This was the response I got:
Thank you for sending us an e-mail. We try to answer as many as we can but we can't get to every one or answer every technical question. So, we sent you this e-mail to say thank you for being interested in our magazine and if you have any info on upcoming events and news regarding trails, clubs, racing, etc., from your part of the country, let us know. Thanks again!

What I Heard when I read it: "I dont really feel like justifing myself, and have already heard so much negitive feedback, that if I respond it will just make us look worste" :devil

Christa

01-03-2003, 09:03 AM
Heck I even made it in there..:huh

01-03-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by QuadGirl
Sent Dirtwheels an email after reading this list in the magazine, requesting to know how the chose these riders placings. This was the response I got:
Thank you for sending us an e-mail. We try to answer as many as we can but we can't get to every one or answer every technical question. So, we sent you this e-mail to say thank you for being interested in our magazine and if you have any info on upcoming events and news regarding trails, clubs, racing, etc., from your part of the country, let us know. Thanks again!

What I Heard when I read it: "I dont really feel like justifing myself, and have already heard so much negitive feedback, that if I respond it will just make us look worste" :devil

Christa

haha.....
I know I am not renewing my subscription ...

Extremeracer167
01-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Yeah i think its a BUNCH OF BS! There are 2 ppl on that list, that i can consistantly beat at the local track. Travis Hill, which i think hes fast enough to be on there. But ANgel Atwell......comon. I LAP HER! She races C class at local races and got 2nd this year in that series. And i think she got 3rd at the nationals. There are really only 2 super fast girls at the XC races. Parton and Cecco. And yes they both deserve to be up there also. Then you have Frank Grimplin, Open A National Champ at the GNCCs, finished 25th overall for the year. ANd doesnt make the list:huh Johnny G 61?? Yeah this has finished it off for ditweels in my mind. Just when u thought they really didnt pay attention to the race scene buy saying the raptor or Z are the best race machines, they go and write up something like this.........now i think EVERYBODY knows that they could care less about racing, and just want the money in there pockets:grr

bansheeguy77
01-03-2003, 09:39 AM
yeah i should be on that list...cause natalies gf i think its angelah moore or something like that....shes there....well **** at rausch we were running side by side for like 10 laps u shoulda seen their faces lol it was funny

01-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Some of it looks true like 13Darin Ogden he is crazy I rode with him not to long ago.But some of them people like dana creech should have done better than that.

redrider ex
01-03-2003, 10:03 AM
#29 jathen seals is a buddy of mine and the have a add in the back of dirt wheels called american dream motor sports and they make some very nice stuff.

jlhughes750
01-03-2003, 12:04 PM
I can see some justification of this list. I read the posts so far and alot of the concerns, heres my spin on it. Extreme 167 says he beats some of these guys locally!, well dirtwheels doesn't cover local stuff!!But thats besides the point. There ranking people from National events who have competed the entire year, in Extreme167's case he may be able to hang at the locals, or for a half a lap at a Nat. but 13 two hour races? well he hasn't yet maybe next year. Also some people questioned Natalie and Dunk, i think there right here putting Dunk ahead of Natalie. He's smooth and he's on top of his class, he has done better comparitivley(sp) by class than John has. Sure there may be alot of guys out there that could beat Traci or Angela but there out there competing and participating and we are not so they get to be ranked!!! Thats fine with me. I think this list is fine. I know a guy that can beat most of the people on this list but, he did not compete all year and earn a number nationally so he's not there. Thats fine.
Anyway i like the list, Hey what about the Howell brothers they smoked the stk class last year!!!!!!!!!!!!

400exrules
01-03-2003, 12:33 PM
and i dont think greg little is even on there

DEAL
01-03-2003, 12:55 PM
They just missed me, I'm 101 ;) :devil

crap-banshee32
01-03-2003, 01:29 PM
i think brian wolf should be up there someewhere, hes faster than some of those quys.

rookiex
01-03-2003, 02:58 PM
WOW! thats all I have to say is wow.......way off....

TC17
01-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
You see the video of him doing that 360?

do you have the video? i've never seen it and that's completly crazy to do a 360. i'd love to see it. could you put it up for me? thanks.

exriderdude
01-03-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32
i think brian wolf should be up there someewhere, hes faster than some of those quys.

yes, brian wolf is pretty fast, ive raced him and he lapped me:( , but he doesnt compete in nationals.

i think they left out alot of people, just to name a few: Dayrl Rath, Aaron Slingluff, Rich Phillips, Rob Arnold and ME:D

rookiex
01-04-2003, 12:04 AM
I race with travis hill alot I raced with him at the indoors and I hung with him till the vary end second for me first for him I got the shot and he passed me in the whoops.....he always races the series around here like jackson he might be there tomarrow I would'nt be suprised if he was....then I might be able to put one by him and pull me in a first well thats if jackson or farr don't show....

honda400ex27
01-04-2003, 12:06 AM
ya that crap is BS...they need to split it up in MX, XC, enduro and all that crap...but its all stupid anyway....why do they race if they wanna know whos fastest...just look at points championship...dirtwheels just wants something to talk about

roostin_dale
01-04-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex27
ya that crap is BS...they need to split it up in MX, XC, enduro and all that crap...but its all stupid anyway....why do they race if they wanna know whos fastest...just look at points championship...dirtwheels just wants something to talk about

yea they just need articles to pu in so they can have the "biggest most colorful" magazine. LMAO

RollAxis400ex
01-09-2003, 06:06 PM
what is this dana creech 360 thing

Ryan
01-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by RollAxis400ex
what is this dana creech 360 thing

Its in H5. He doesn't do a complete 360 in the air but he comes up to a jump and spins the quad into a 180, his right wheel hits the ground which causes him to spin another 180 .

Dana's spin has nothing to do with how fast he is.

Some people can freestyle but some can't race. or vice versa. Not saying anything bad about Dana, I think he should have been atlease in the top 20.

RollAxis400ex
01-09-2003, 06:25 PM
is h5 out yet