PDA

View Full Version : new to the forums

400_t-REX
05-13-2009, 10:07 PM
hey yall... im new in these parts... i just got a 03 400 ex from my cousin he is buyin a raptor 700... i have to moses lake and didnt have paddles and realized they make a difference.. but so far i love the bike and am startin to get pretty comfy on it.. altho lol i went for a nite ride wreckd and almost totalled the quad but nope just had to put on new bars :devil: but heres some pics of me goofin off at my gf's house.... her 16 yr old lil bro just got a 04 yfz450..

400_t-REX
05-13-2009, 10:08 PM
my first no footer... :D

hypersnyper6947
05-14-2009, 12:37 AM
welcome to the site, i wonder how long it will be till you get A.A.D.S.:devil:

F150 Rider
05-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Welcome aboard! Nice Quad you`ve got there too!

honda400ex2003
05-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the site and the addiction!!! steve

400_t-REX
05-14-2009, 11:54 PM
thanks.. lol and uh whats a.a.d.s..... lol i thot i was pretty good at figuring out im shorthand but apperntly not... lol

smelly$cat
05-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey, another "washintonion".

Welcome!

BigLuke
05-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Welcome, good to see you use a helmet!

05-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by 400_t-REX
thanks.. lol and uh whats a.a.d.s..... lol i thot i was pretty good at figuring out im shorthand but apperntly not... lol

accessory aqquisition disorder syndrome

Welcome to the site!

Honda#4
05-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the site.

400_t-REX
05-17-2009, 01:59 AM
ya my opinion is no helmet no ride... and smelly cat where do you ride??? i heard there is a track up in ravensdale that is kinda off the radar from the rest of the world if you kno what i mean...

smelly$cat
05-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Hey man, the myth is true about Ravensdale. I rode that track two saturday's ago. It's really not all that great, but, it's fun none the less. The trails and hill climbs and such in the area are much more entertaining in my humble opinion. I can actually ride to this area right out of my drive way. I just go down to the rail road tracks (150 yrds from my house), ride for about a mile along the tracks, then hook up into the trail system and enjoy. It's not official and I'm sure it's illegal riding, but, honestly, people have been riding out there for 20+ years and the trails are well established. There is just a lot of land development and construction and logging going on out there now, so, you have to be smart/selective about going out there.

I might have a picture of that track at home. I'll post it up. There are only a couple jumps and they are not that big at all, but, it's fun none the less. Seriously sweet view of Mt. Rainier from the track (which is at the top of a little mountain).

I've also gone riding at Tahuya and Evan's creek ORV parks. Both are pretty fun and about 1 hr drive from my house.

I also go over to moses lake to hit the dunes a few times per year.

I also venture down to the Oregon coast at least 1 time per year, if not more.

trailrider894
05-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the addiction!!!! ha ha i say as soon as he finds out about the stuff you can do to these quads the A.A.D.S will kick in full gear!!!!

RaginRedneck
05-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by smelly$cat
Hey man, the myth is true about Ravensdale. I rode that track two saturday's ago. It's really not all that great, but, it's fun none the less. The trails and hill climbs and such in the area are much more entertaining in my humble opinion. I can actually ride to this area right out of my drive way. I just go down to the rail road tracks (150 yrds from my house), ride for about a mile along the tracks, then hook up into the trail system and enjoy. It's not official and I'm sure it's illegal riding, but, honestly, people have been riding out there for 20+ years and the trails are well established. There is just a lot of land development and construction and logging going on out there now, so, you have to be smart/selective about going out there.

I might have a picture of that track at home. I'll post it up. There are only a couple jumps and they are not that big at all, but, it's fun none the less. Seriously sweet view of Mt. Rainier from the track (which is at the top of a little mountain).

I've also gone riding at Tahuya and Evan's creek ORV parks. Both are pretty fun and about 1 hr drive from my house.

I also go over to moses lake to hit the dunes a few times per year.

I also venture down to the Oregon coast at least 1 time per year, if not more.

I may have to get the low down on the Ravensdale location from you!! I haven't taken my quad to Tahuya yet, but I've ridden Evans Creek a little. I use to ride up in the Wilkeson hills, but I've heard that they are coming down on people up there because a bunch of jackasses have been dumping cars up there and setting up campers to cook meth. :(
I'm also into Jeeps and have done Evans so many times that I know the turns by heart and I've jeeped Tahuya once. Not the greatest place to Jeep, but I've heard some good things about the quad riding out there.

Haven't been to Moses yet, but I'm heading to Coos Bay next week. Can't wait!!!

Any other riding places you know of around here?

smelly$cat
05-19-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm not aware of any place else to ride in King County. I know you can go up north to Rieder Pit (spelling?) and Walker Valley. I've been to Rieder (not worth the drive from my house in my opinion). Never been to Walker Valley. I hear it's pretty rugged (big rocks etc...).

For woods riding, for me and where I live, it's either Ravensdale or Evan's creek.

Next time I go out to Ravensdale, I'll try to PM you. If you want, you can drive to my house and we can roll from my drive way. PM me so I have your info in my mail box. Cool?

Originally posted by RaginRedneck
I may have to get the low down on the Ravensdale location from you!! I haven't taken my quad to Tahuya yet, but I've ridden Evans Creek a little. I use to ride up in the Wilkeson hills, but I've heard that they are coming down on people up there because a bunch of jackasses have been dumping cars up there and setting up campers to cook meth. :(
I'm also into Jeeps and have done Evans so many times that I know the turns by heart and I've jeeped Tahuya once. Not the greatest place to Jeep, but I've heard some good things about the quad riding out there.

Haven't been to Moses yet, but I'm heading to Coos Bay next week. Can't wait!!!

Any other riding places you know of around here?

RaginRedneck
05-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Smelly Cat, PM Sent.

400_t-REX
05-21-2009, 09:56 PM
ughh i went riding at my friends shop, and my battery completely fell out in mid air on this table top, it ripped the post on the battery, i have to figure out how to mount the silnoid switch agian, and buy new positive and negative cables!!!, but on one hand i did throw down a no footer on a 20 foot table top!! im gettin really comfertable at doing those, oh and i have already gotten the bug i just need to save up money.. lol but i painted the front bumper black, new bars and pro grip grips, so yea ive been bit!!!!

smelly$cat
05-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Sounds like you're enjoying yourself :)

Originally posted by 400_t-REX
ughh i went riding at my friends shop, and my battery completely fell out in mid air on this table top, it ripped the post on the battery, i have to figure out how to mount the silnoid switch agian, and buy new positive and negative cables!!!, but on one hand i did throw down a no footer on a 20 foot table top!! im gettin really comfertable at doing those, oh and i have already gotten the bug i just need to save up money.. lol but i painted the front bumper black, new bars and pro grip grips, so yea ive been bit!!!!

deathcorefan2
05-22-2009, 11:27 AM
if you get aads bad enough you will run with that yfz. lol