PDA

View Full Version : weird problem

81 clark racing
05-13-2009, 07:45 PM
unknown problem....
i have a 05 400ex and all of a sudden the other day i went to start it and it acted as the battery was almonst dead slowly turning over then it would make a tick as if the battery was dead. so i grabed the batter from my 03 400ex and it did the same thing...however that bAttery was fine.also sometimes when u hit the starter it will make a ticking noise by the battery then it will turn olver fine and start. then if you shut it off it will act as the bats dead, hit the starter a few more times tick tick then it will fire up. does anhyone has any ideas...? starter junk? just started doing it after puting in my hotcam thanxs

the Z Man
05-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Bad connection, try the ground cable, I had the same thing, the cable was bad at the end that goes to the frame, bend it back and forth to make sure the ends aren't frayed..

trailrider894
05-13-2009, 08:11 PM
if the connection check doesn't work/ your solonoid could be bad.

81 clark racing
05-13-2009, 08:31 PM
all ready replaced that. the ground goes from the battery where? its not the same as my 04 where the ground goes from the battery right to the frame...

81 clark racing
05-14-2009, 05:40 PM
it was the wire that runs into the side of the motor it has that little black rubber piece you can see on the left side of the motor