PDA

View Full Version : X-Team Help

cf3go
05-13-2009, 07:23 AM
I was just approved for the x-team program and my dealer has no clue what is going on. I have the racer ID # but was looking where to get the racing tips from? Dealer also wants to charge me 20% for the parts from the race program, is this right? Racing has started and I need to get this going so any help would be appreciated!!!

maticus
05-13-2009, 08:01 AM
you should get the exhaust, ecu and shroud (i think) for free, and the parts packages that are in that application packet have there prices on it. you shouldnt pay above that.

cf3go
05-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Ok thats what I thought. What about the race tips is there a web site I can go to and log in my ID # to get some info? anything else I need to know, my dealer just seems clueless:confused:

ratsracung6
05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Yea my son has been accepted to, we are still waiting on parts 3 weeks now and nothing yet. I was thinking that they might send something with the parts about the race tips. As far as the parts account at your dealer its for OEM parts only, and our dealer told my son any part that he got they had to install it themselves.

craigmacphee
05-13-2009, 05:56 PM
It sounds to me like all of these dealers are flying by the seat of their pants on this deal. If your dealer is trying to get 20% over your cost on the BRP racing parts he's a crook. I got my parts in a week or 10 days. However, my dealer has had my 450 x MX since last monday trying to get BRP to tell them how to program the racing ECU they sent me. For some reason my dealer has been waiting for a phone call since last week with information to tell them how to do it. When I try to call BRP all I get is a message telling me that they are experiencing high call volumes and for me to call back later. I wish I could hide behind my voicemail like that.

Unless something drastically changes I will have a 2009 450x MX for sale soon. having the greatest of anything in world is useless if you can't use it. I bought this thing to race, signed up for their racing program, was accepted, and have been without my quad for 10 days and soon to be my 2nd racing weekend missed.

Not trying to be a cry baby, just sharing in the misery with everyone else. Craig MacPhee (989)550-2197

cf3go
05-13-2009, 06:59 PM
That seems like the same **** here. Just got off the phone with the dealer and they said that they left a message with the can-am rep and no call back yet. It sucks im missing races here too

ratsracung6
05-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Yea I know this sucks!! But luckfully we still have our YFZ so we are not missing races. We had to race the YFZ at the last race because we sent the ECM to the race department to get the limp mode taken out now they say you get a new one with the kit.

Still waitting!!
Scott

cf3go
05-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I hope my stuff comes in really soon, had a little mishap at practice today and rolled it in a corner which bent my steering stem all the way to the gas tank. I also cracked the master brake cylinder. Now im really out of commission!!

craigmacphee
05-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Thats a bummer CF. I hope you can get it up and running again soon. Craig

yfzracer14
05-26-2009, 07:50 PM
My ds is sitting in the garage still apart, I bought it 2 weeks agao, cant seem to get a straight answer from my dealer, I told them today they had until friday to get the parts there, if not they are getting the bike back, its a joke they promot the bike with all of the extras but cant deliver! Sorry to ramble on but it realy burns me to have to wait this long.

cf3go
05-27-2009, 06:54 AM
I just talked with my dealer yesterday they said my steering stem is in and my satge one parts will be in this week. We will see!!

cheryl bithell
05-29-2009, 12:13 PM
For everyone to know. the race ECU is already programed when they send it to you.

The only difference with it is that the idol is set higher(so the bike does not stall), the temp the bike goes into Limp mode is bumped way up, and the fan comes on at a much lower temp.

cf3go
05-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Holy ****, that is more info then my dealer has provided me with yet. Dealer said parts were coming in this week and its friday and no sign of them WTF!!!

ProConcept
05-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by cheryl bithell
For everyone to know. the race ECU is already programed when they send it to you.

The only difference with it is that the idol is set higher(so the bike does not stall), the temp the bike goes into Limp mode is bumped way up, and the fan comes on at a much lower temp.
Who do we send the ecu to get the race program? Can Warnert do it??

cf3go
05-29-2009, 09:57 PM
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! to my surprise my stage 1 kit is in. Dealer said they have to install every thing which is fine but do I have to pay for labor?

yfzracer14
05-30-2009, 05:08 AM
dealer called and said they will have mine on monday, dealer doesnt have to install if you dont want them to theirfor you should not have to pay for labor

Nosspeedca
05-30-2009, 10:24 AM
My parts are in also!!! Should have the bike home in a couple hours!!!!!!!!!!!! yah!!

blaster99
05-30-2009, 08:48 PM
does anyone know if you can still order parts? I'm already in the race program, but i think i want a back up set of shocks, i have blown mine 3 times in the past month, its getting annoying.

ltr311
05-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Blaster why are they blowing? Which one front or rear? Are they valved to soft? Rocket Ron racing is doing some killer work on those shocks for a killer price. Check him out on ktmatvhq. He has pics posted of a set he did. They are sick.

blaster99
05-31-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure why, a bunch of people around here are having the same problem. Its only the fronts though, so i'm not sure whats going on. Ill check out his work though, thanks

Foxstar45
06-05-2009, 08:46 AM
I have a Rossier pipe/intake with pink wire cut now. Do i keep this set up or do I switch over to the motoworks slip on set up (just a silencer as apposed to a full system)
Also, how difficult is it to install all the re-inforcements that come with the motoworks stage one kit?

ngarbe561
06-05-2009, 12:01 PM
cf3go they dont need to hook any of it up when i picked up my quad they gave it to me and i was able to put it on and my freind that got his didnt have to do that ether ur dealers just effin with u its probly a lil late now but thought id throw it out there

ngarbe561
06-05-2009, 12:03 PM
and im in the same boat as blaster but i bought a x mx and then i bought the stem a arms and shocks and its a good thing cuz i blew out just the front right and my back ones goin out 2

cf3go
06-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Were u guys able to purchase the 50" a arms, axle and shock kit with the $1000.00 can-am cash from the race program or did u have to use your own $$

Blizzard24
06-05-2009, 12:27 PM
if you purchased the 75% off kit, you have to use your own money, the contract states the $1000 can not be used for the packages.

cf3go
06-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Thats what I thought but some one on here or a different forum said they used the 1000 can-am cash for that. oh well that would of been sweet!

cf3go
06-05-2009, 12:37 PM
foxstar45 I would keep what u have, my package only came with a aluminum battery box, twin row bearing carrier, front grill, slip on exhaust, and the race ecm.

Blizzard24
06-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Foxstar45
I have a Rossier pipe/intake with pink wire cut now. Do i keep this set up or do I switch over to the motoworks slip on set up (just a silencer as apposed to a full system)
Also, how difficult is it to install all the re-inforcements that come with the motoworks stage one kit?

Most of the reinforcements were pretty easy to put on, the front one requires you knock off the front rivets and bolt in the new brace, I do not run extended a arms so I didnt feel like that brace was neccesary for me, that one seems like it might be some work.