PDA

View Full Version : new addition

rodeo#11
05-12-2009, 09:47 PM
alright guys im thinking about gettin a new addition to the farm (horse) and i was wondering how many ppl on here actually know anything about em lol i use to have one but that was when i was realllllllly little. Any info guys would be great! and if ya get bored and wanna find me a cheap trail ridin horse in the 28657 zip code id appreciate it ;)

so needin some help here fella's!

Pappy
05-12-2009, 10:21 PM
I grew up on a farm. We had our own horses and boarded 25 others.

I love and hate them:p

I want a mule...so I can use it to drag my deer out of property's that don't allow atv's:blah:

JJs450r
05-12-2009, 10:22 PM
not to get off subject but we have a piece of land in newland and building a new cabin there, we've owned the land for over 40 years, dont know how much fun it will be to have horses in that area but what do i know i no nothing about them

rodeo#11
05-13-2009, 08:22 AM
yea its not a bad area to live in and where i live there is plenty of fields to graze so i dont think it would be a bad spot i just dont remember much about the animals as far as taking care of them or gettin the right one, just looking for a gift for the gf..but mostly for me lol

JJs450r
05-13-2009, 08:33 AM
ive seen people raise horse in yards about the size of a normal back yard, not sure what kinda info your looking for but my ole lady used to own a couple horses and may know a little bit, ya were about ten minutes from grandfather, our cabin is on a small mountain, you ever ate at the country restaurant i think in banner elk right near the Tn border. they have the best bourbon steaks youll ever eat

rodeo#11
05-13-2009, 09:51 AM
yes many of times and thats cool i use to work up on grandfather..wasnt a bad job..but wasnt good lol. and im just looking for info on types of feed commonly used, normal care, and all that good stuff.

Bryson#221
05-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Well..this morning when I went to leave for work, our horse magically crossed an electric fence and was just chilling behind my truck. Lol. He wouldn't move, so I have to go wake the honey up at 7 something in the morning to go and pull him back under the fence which took him quite some time.

Btw- ever heard of what you're suppose to do with horses when they're days are numbered? Be prepared to dig a very very large hole.

Good luck with that horse :D

rodeo#11
05-13-2009, 11:28 AM
yea already had to do that with our other horse, poor thing got kicked in the neck by our crazy mare and broke her neck and died... thank god i own a tractor lol

Bryson#221
05-13-2009, 11:45 AM
That sounds like something out of a movie! :eek2:

rodeo#11
05-13-2009, 11:57 AM
it wasnt good at all we even tried to work the horse and she was just to wild so we ended up sellin her for 300$ just to get rid of her in hopes that someone could train her lol