PDA

View Full Version : Suspenion Explanation

BD444
05-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Well I have a set of Elka's from a previous owner. They really don't seem to have any difference than the stock ones for me. Do I need to get them revalved ? My weight difference was probably 100 pounds between me and the previous owner. What other settings should i try to mess with and what should I get done to the rear shock besides revavled. I assume GTT could do all of this because i live 40 mins away from them. Thanks.

BD444
05-12-2009, 09:14 PM
could someone give me a very ball park cost figure as well. Thanks

procircuit406ex
05-12-2009, 09:15 PM
give Laz a call, he'll set you up right

matt14c
05-12-2009, 09:23 PM
You will definitly have to revalve. For GT Thunder I called last week and it will be $740 for me to revalve and spring both my stock rear and pep fronts. Also that will be the conversion for the stock rear. So im guessing it will be close for elka. The 100lb difference is HUGE especially if your using the same size a-arms. The arms are setup way to soft for your setup. Depending what elkas you have you should have a rebound adjustment screw, compression adjustment, and maybe high and low speed adjustments. GT will be able to help you out with all of this and tell you what you have and where you should start with your adjustments with your riding style and atv setup. Hope this helps.