PDA

View Full Version : LTR seems tired

turdboy
05-12-2009, 08:27 PM
I have an 06' and it has minor mods, cherry bomb, lid off, slip on and race gas. I rebuilt the tranny last season and checked everything over. My starts this year are crap. When we all take off I just watch everyone dust me. Either i need to brush up on my starts or I think my motor is just tired. What would you do next for a power improvement? PIM? cams? porting? I don't want to spend much but I need a bit more power for my starts.

LuckyOxygen
05-12-2009, 08:58 PM
freshen up.. i.e. new rings!

atveric132
05-12-2009, 09:43 PM
just get the atp intake cam you use the stock exhaust and a yosh pim. minor mods and its a improvment over stock

Baracudaaa
05-13-2009, 08:21 AM
13:1 piston, Hotcams intake cam, new mapping and you are set.

xtreme 250x
05-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Turdboy did you do a clutch when you replaced you tranny? My is running like a turd I have two Ice seasons and a mx season on it.

turdboy
05-13-2009, 03:14 PM
No I didn't do the cluth. My cluth seems fine I just have no power. yeah maybe i will do a cam and a high comp. piston.

QuickZero
05-13-2009, 07:07 PM
change the fuel filter ?

turdboy
05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
No I haven't. will that cause a power loss?

Brom686
05-16-2009, 03:32 PM
yeah the filter will cause power loss. Made mine bog a lot. I cant remember what magazine did the test but one of the atv mags did a test on race fuel and it is only beneficial if you are running a high comp piston. It actually showed that using it with stock internals lowered hp - not a lot but I figure its not worth paying all the extra money for unless it boosts performance. Just my .02 cents

turdboy
05-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I thought I had to run race gas with a cherry bomb, lid off and a slip on. So you are telling me I can just run 92 pump gas? And possibly have more power?

ltrwang
05-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Yes. You only have to run premium pump gas if you are running with the cherry bomb. No need for race gas.

turdboy
07-09-2009, 10:08 PM
ok last weekend my ltr went to total crap. Started good, idled ok, but then about half throtle to full it went into a crazy pop. No power what so ever, couldn't lift the front end in 1st....SO I sent it away with a guy, new fuel filter, new piston and rings, ported, new aftermarket intake cam, new air filter, new plug. I just talked to him and he said its better and has power now, but the pop is still there at high rpm's. He has another Ltr there so he started swapping sensors, ecu's, tps. He is stumped. Basically he said he has checked or swapped everthing except the crank sensor and the temp sensor. What do you guys think it could be? The only major change before I raced it that weekend was that I switched from a mix of race gas to regular 92 octane. Any ideas or help?

Baracudaaa
07-10-2009, 07:59 AM
If you added a higher compression piston, porting, cam, and I am assuming an aftermarket exhaust, you better run a different map than the stock one or you will be running dangerously lean.

turdboy
07-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Stock comp. piston, with a hotcam intake cam, CB, cover off, slip on pipe and a little port work. You can't just buy stock rings for the ltr, you have to buy the complete piston and all. So you really think a pciii is needed? If i need to get one I guess I will, but remember it was running like this before these mods took place. Before it was all stock except CB, cover off with a slip on. Talked to atp and they seemed to think it was my fuel pressure regulator....we'll see I guess.

turdboy
07-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Well now things got worse. The quad is in one of its safe modes. I think it is mode B because it won't even start. After you turn the key the red FI light blinks one time per second. So.....it's off to the stupid dealership tomorrow.

turdboy
07-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Got the LTR back today. It turns out that it was the fuel pressure regulator the whole time. Ended up taking the quad out to Rossier Engineering and they fixed me right up. Great service and Charlie is a good guy.