PDA

View Full Version : Kymco intake mods

Hutchracer
05-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Polini "big valve intake"? I have a Polini cylinder kit for the daughters 50 that will bump it up to a 70 but I've been thinking about getting the intake for it as well. I want her to try some MX this year but she seems to be more interested in the flat track racing where she finished 2nd for the season even though she missed two races. So I want to give her a quicker ride so she is more competive against the 70s that are in the same class, the LT 50 with a 70 kit are pretty popular at our local races. I don't want to switch quads though and we like beating them with a Kymco because others don't think they would be competive.

ww228king
07-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I think there is some confussion about the two stroke and 4 stroke... make sure you get the right stuff for the right quad... all the newer kymcos are 4 stroke... and slower than the older 2 strokes..except the 90s... they have been 4 strokes

Hutchracer
07-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Sorry it took so long to reply. The quad is a 50 2 stroke it's a 2005 and runs well the cylinder kit is the same as you ran on your sons quad I think. I was just thinking how to get the most bang for the buck out of it with out it being a pain in the butt and running it to lean and burning it up. Any info is always welcomed as I dont know everything and am always willing to listen and learn from others that have good info. thanks for you time

Logan #34's Dad
07-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Do you guys know if Kymco made or makes the 90cc quad as a two stroke?

Hutchracer
07-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I am pretty sure they were just 4 stroke I have never seen any info on a 2 stroke 90. But I keep wondering if a 90 jog style motor would fit.

Logan #34's Dad
07-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Oh, it will fit but I got to stay ama-atv legal and if I can find where they sold it as a 2 stroke then I could make the change. Kymco makes an awesome 2stroke motor that is in a scooter.