PDA

View Full Version : rear fox podium issue

Stiles86
05-12-2009, 07:42 PM
i bought a used rear fox shock, had it rebuilt and installed it to spec. even with it on the firmest setting its softer the he!!.... how do i stiffin it up???

hardkoratvmxr
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
just because you had it rebuilt doesnt really tell us anything. did it get revalved as well?

racernorris
05-12-2009, 08:07 PM
is it dual rate?
what linkage is on your quad?
what is the part # on the shock?
what is the main spring rate?
how much do you weight?

just to start!

norris

Stiles86
05-13-2009, 05:54 PM
its a duel rate, 210-240 lbs shock im 215, 17.5" with superlink and jb swinger...... how do i find the spring rate?

racernorris
05-13-2009, 06:19 PM
the bottom spring should have numbers printed on it, the last three numbers (ex:450,500,550) is your spring rate.

to make a dual rate shock stiffer, there is a cross over nut under the top spring, if you loosen the allen set screw on the cross over nut, turn the nut down toward the main spring (bottom spring) will make the shock stiffer, this will cause the shock to use less of the top spring and more of the main spring. i would turn it two full rounds and try it.

is this shock dsc or lsc? dsc is a high and low compression adjuster found on the reservoir, the lsc has a single blue nob for the compression adjuster. on the dsc adjusted to stiffen compression you turn the 18 mm nut clock wise, the flat head screw in the middle is for traction (more or less weight transfer).

there should be a part number on the shock some where, if you get me that number i will tell you what that shock was built for!

Norris

Stiles86
05-13-2009, 07:51 PM
awsome man thank you, i will try this in the morning and see what it dose....