PDA

View Full Version : Going back to Idle Problem

X400EX
05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi,

My DS just went to the dealer for a minor problem in the direction and now, it seems like the idle does not come back as it used to. I don't know why the mecanic would have ajust it or something, it was perfect.

It's hard to explain but it's like the thottle screw (like on a carburetor) was a lil too high and the motor does not come back as quick as it was to the idle when I let the gas off.

Any idea of what it should be?

quadworxuk
05-13-2009, 01:51 AM
what did it go into the shop in the first place for?

Remove the idle by pass valve, its the lump ontop of your throttle body, and clean it out with carb cleaner. sometimes it can get some crap in there so it doesnt seat too good.

X400EX
05-13-2009, 02:33 PM
It was there for a minor problem in the front end, I've spoke with the mecanic and said he did not adjust anything on the quad so I think it happened for no reason.

I'll try to find the idle pass valve, thanks for your help. :)

X400EX
05-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok well, I've brought it to dealer and he resetted the TPS at 0.00 degrees.

The quad went fine for a couple of hours, then started to make the same problem but less that it used to.

I'm sure to know what is the thottle body and idle pass valve... Someone have any pics or a better write up?

EDIT : I think I've found it page 191 shop manual, I'll check this out tomorrow night.

Thanks. :)

X400EX
06-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Just to tell everyone that the quad worked fine (up to now) after I've cleaned the idle pass valve! Thanks quadworxuk!