PDA

View Full Version : cbr600 f4i wont start

JJs450r
05-12-2009, 03:41 PM
alright so i ran into this problem trying to start the f4i, it will constantly turn but nothing the fuel pump doesnt prime, we have power to the spark plug coils, but no juice goes to the plugs, we checked all four. the head lights work, but the fi light and oil light blinks, we were thinking bad ground but really didnt find a bad ground anyone know what this could be any help would be great thanks

FreekShow
05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=395506

JJs450r
05-12-2009, 06:45 PM
i know we checked over all the grounds and everything im stumped

FreekShow
05-12-2009, 07:01 PM
hmm sorry bro not sure. i just remember seeing that thread not too long ago thought it might help ya out

hardkoratvmxr
05-12-2009, 07:21 PM
so you when you turn the key to the run position you dont hear it whineing?

try fuel pump relay, lift the tank see if the electrical connector is still hooked up, fuses for the fuel system

JJs450r
05-12-2009, 07:32 PM
ya we were thinking it mighta been a relay we checked one that had very dim light on our tester, but we are still stumped as to why no fire through the spark plug coils, but ya no sound when we turn the key

hardkoratvmxr
05-12-2009, 07:48 PM
do you have a service manual? and no sound when you turn the key is definately somehting with the fuel pump or its relays. if it is plugged in and the fuses for the pump are all still good then it is probably a relay since i assume it was running fine before

quadrcr161
05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
im having the same problem with my f4i, ive replaced the ecu,, fuel pump the tail wiring harness, the relays, fuses, and i guess im aboout to just have to sit down with a multimeter and check every wire. i have the service manual on pdf, i might can try to email it to you.

hardkoratvmxr
05-12-2009, 08:58 PM
have you tried to go into user mode on the computer and see if it will bring up the codes?

JJs450r
05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
ya we just bought a service book, kinda like the autos heines(sp) book, were hoping its not the ecm they are about 900 bucks :(

hardkoratvmxr
05-12-2009, 10:03 PM
go to the fuel injection section and follow the steps and go through the user mode and dealer mode and see what codes you can bring up

quadrcr161
05-13-2009, 08:11 AM
unless you have an open line it wont blink, all you do is jump the ecu out and the fi light blinks to get the codes. if its a bad ecu or an open circuit it wont blink.

what was yours doing b4 it went down? when i picked mine up it was traded for a polaris atv i had. the guy lowered it so low the tire ate through the undertail and got into the wiring harness. it ran when i got it but the body shop blew up the tankwith the fuel pump inside, they relplaced the tank but not the pump. it hasnt ran since then.

will the fi light go off if you turn the handlebar switch to off? have you tried to jump the fuel pump relay to see if it kicks on? everything is tied into an interlock safety system that will drive you crazy trying to firgue it out.

JJs450r
05-13-2009, 08:23 AM
it didnt blink before, it did come on how ever when youd turn the key but all the lights came on then went away so i think that was normal. when you talk about ecu, are u referring to the ecm, the box under the seat where 2 sets of wires plug in at, a white harness and black. as for jumping the relay, is this the one on the back of the subframe?, the fi light will blink for a little bit then stop, and when you turn the key to off and wait a little while and turn back on it blinks for a while then stops

hardkoratvmxr
05-13-2009, 02:28 PM
yea the ecu is the same as the ecm. and in the service manual it will tell you how to go into dealer mode. look in the fuel injection section

JJs450r
05-13-2009, 08:00 PM
thanks i havent really been able to get back to it, its hard rolling around it in a computer chair and hoping around it haha

hardkoratvmxr
05-13-2009, 08:16 PM
yea just read the fuel injection section where it talks about user and dealer mode. should be easy as cake