PDA

View Full Version : Razr1 vs Razr2 Comparison

IcutMetl
05-12-2009, 02:15 PM
I now have gotten good seat time on both tires, same sizes & ply ratings, Razr1's are on a Banshee but were on a Warrior, Razr2's are on my 250r. I also had Holeshot XCR's on a 400ex.

Razr1's: seem to be a harder compound. It's true, they slide much better, and easier to get tirespin with clutching. Provide plenty of grip for trails, EXCEPT when going thru watery slick stuff, wet grass, mud, or over logs. Slide slightly easier than XCR's. Clog up easier than Razr2's.

Razr2's: definitely feel heavier & heavier duty, too. slide predictably, but much less easy to break free. Not bad, just grip that much better. By far a better choice in my opinion for anything soupy. They really sling the muck that much better than the Razr1's, and go where the 1's won't and where my XCR's would have spun much more too.

I like all three tires quite a bit, but for me, I like the Razr2's the best so far. Once I get the hang of sliding them better, I'll be set. They all are tough, but these seem indestructable.

Razr1's and XCR's are awesome tires for all around- they do everything well. Razr2's pick up where they leave off for when things get nastier.

That's my 2 cents at least.

honda400ex2003
05-16-2009, 11:13 PM
good info thanks for giving your input since you have ridden all three. alot of us can only go on what we have read from others like you and it is nice to have some good info for comparisons for others when they ask. thanks again, steve

BikeSwimLaugh
05-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Ditto....thanks for taking the time to give us some solid feedback. As mentioned, all we have to go with is what the dealers tell us and what we read on parts-stores websites & feedback. Comparison's are great, thanks!!!

I too just went through this decision...I'm going with Razr2's on the front & I-Razr's on the back (cause I like to slide & drift the backend a bit)

Question, when you say Razr 1s'...are you referring to the I-Razr or the regular Razr's??

There are:

Maxxis Razr http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?&navType=type&priceRange=allPrices&navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webTypeId=138&webCatId=8&brandId=161&prodFamilyId=8665#vehicleSelect

Maxxis I-Razr (i not the number one) http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?&navType=type&priceRange=allPrices&navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webTypeId=138&webCatId=8&brandId=161&prodFamilyId=3240#vehicleSelect

Maxxis Razr II http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?&navType=type&priceRange=allPrices&navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webTypeId=138&webCatId=8&brandId=161&prodFamilyId=8664#vehicleSelect

Based on your description I think you meant I-Razr's...but not sure.

IcutMetl
05-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Nope, I meant the Razr1's. The "I" Razr's are radials, aren't they? I don't have any experience with those, but the look like a good tire. I really don't think you could go wrong with any of them to tell you the truth; just depends on what you're looking for. I also found that the reviews on RockyMountain ATV were pretty helpful.

BikeSwimLaugh
05-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Yeah....that's what I've been told; they're all pretty darn excellent and you really can't go wrong, just a matter of fine-tuning exactly what you need.

Yeah, I'm going with the I-Razr cause it's got a wider knob pattern and will slide a bit easier while still hooking-up on the straight. What I'm really looking for is durability so the fun doesn't end with a puncture, but some good traction and performance is a plus too.

And yeah, the I-Razr is a radial, but Maxxis says there's no problem mixing & matching so long as both fronts & backs are the same model across the axle.