PDA

View Full Version : cylinder and bore questions

oldyeller
05-12-2009, 12:02 PM
We still have the original stock 50mm top end on our eton viper 90...I was looking at some of the big bore cylinders for sale at the different performance places and have a few questions....
First of all how much of a power increase will I get with going with a bigger bore?..
Will a 90cc or 96cc motor make much more power than the stock 82cc motor?
.Is there an advantage to buying a "kit" that includes the cylinder and piston and related parts or can I just bore the stock cylinder out and buy a larger piston?
How far oversize can the stock cylinder go?

I will be adding a stock apex pipe and a larger carb as well..

nordic quad
05-12-2009, 12:38 PM
If you want power you need porting and a high comp head,bore your cyl. to next size and and get sombody to port it or buy a kit pre ported,you will also need a clutch kit and a high rev cdi or if it is a pre 04 mod you can mod your stock cdi,you will also need to let the shop know what kind of riding you will be doing to get the right porting and clutch kit.But !!! IMO you will have a lot more power in the quad with the Apex pipe,bigger carb,cdi mod and cluch kit so before adding bigger bore and or porting you will need to adress the suspention.Again IMO.

oldyeller
05-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the reply..Our bike is an 04 but I think it is a very early model and I think is the same as the 03..It has the cdi box with the green wire that we snipped....We have already widened out the bike quite a bit and added works shocks so the suspension works very well...Now we just need to add more power..

nordic quad
05-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Well you shold be set to go.:muscle:

http://www.lakesmotorsports.com/eshopprod_cat_508-9506-9477_product_98832_keyword_eton+AND+viper.Big_Bore _Cylinder_Kits.htm