PDA

View Full Version : jetting problem or bad crank seals :s ?

JohnBeton
05-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Hello,

This sunday I took out my trx250r for a ride, it has been sitting in the garage for about 6 months, so it was about time.
I used fresh fuel and oil.

But when it was running idle it sounded like idle was going up a little bit.
When I was riding it in the lower rpm it looked like it was way to rich and was stuttering, and in the higher rpm it rode fine.

But I noticed when I was riding in higher rpm and then let off the throttle, it was lowering the rpm but sometimes a stroke went higher. I don't know how to explain it.

But it sounds like when you have a bad crankseal.
But I changed those a couple of months ago and didn't ride it anymore since then.

The carburator looks clean. But maybe I'm overlooking something ?

Oh yeah, I checked the sparkplug, it was dark brown, and the center was almost black. So that indicates a rich mixture, but I wonder how it comes he sounds like sucking air ?

Honda 250r 001
05-12-2009, 08:11 AM
the pilot sounds lean to me. Was it a different season when you last rode it? it revs a little higher and acts weird on idle correct? thats what your trying to say?

JohnBeton
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM
yes that is what I tried to say :) It sounds weird on idle, and when I let go the trottle at higher rpm and slow down.
Last time, it was colder than it was now, so it should be richer now than last time.

Honda 250r 001
05-12-2009, 11:41 AM
try messing with the pilot, i know thats the problem

JohnBeton
05-12-2009, 03:54 PM
thanks, i will do that and post a reply of what came out of it.

Aceman
05-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Everytime I've experienced a "hanging" idle it was due to an air leak or a lean condition. A leakdown test would be a great first step but you could fiddle with your jetting and see how it plays out too.