PDA

View Full Version : +2+1 +3+1 means what?

bigbad400
05-12-2009, 05:47 AM
i get the first number thats how much longer than stock they are but whats the second number mean.

i just ordered +3+1 wicked products a arms for standard length shocks. kinda wondering if i made a mistake.

got them in black chrome to match the HMF pipe, its gonna look so sweet.

DirtMonkey
05-12-2009, 06:25 AM
The second number means that it will move the wheels forward of the original position 1"

F-16Guy
05-12-2009, 06:27 AM
It's the amount, in inches, that the a-arms are moved forward from stock. Depending on the application, it's debatable whether it improves handling or not. If you're not a top level racer, I'm not sure you'll notice much of a difference. You'll be fine with what you ordered. You got rid of the Diamond J kit, right? Are your shocks set up for +3 arms?

bigbad400
05-12-2009, 07:14 AM
the diamond j kit bent on me when i blew out the stock shocks, only slight bow really but im not gonna ride it like that, hence the a arms. they only have +2 up 1 or +3 up 1 so i got the 3 inchers. i like the sounds of moving the fronts forward cuz i was looking into an extended swinger anyhow.
my shocks will be set up for the a arms when i get them. there not long travel a arms they are made for stock length shocks, my elkas are stock length. thanks again fellas. youd think i should know this stuff by now, i bean working on quads bikes you name it for 15 years prolly. and mostly quads. i mean i work for can am, im fixing quads all day.:huh