PDA

View Full Version : 450r rear master cylinder and pedal, can it work?

mineralgrey01gt
05-12-2009, 12:59 AM
will a 250r axle work in a 450r carrier? I know ill have to use 250r hubs but price wise 250r axles are much cheaper than 450r ones and I can pick up one for a good price, just need to know if they will work in the 450r carrier

Rich250RRacer
05-12-2009, 06:43 PM
No, the width of the carriers is different. And as for the rear brake pedal, on a stock chassis I don't think there's clearance for the brake pedal in the peg area without serious mods. I've been flirting with the idea on one of my Lonestars, it might work on there without a lot of hassle because of the different peg design.

mineralgrey01gt
05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
No, the width of the carriers is different. And as for the rear brake pedal, on a stock chassis I don't think there's clearance for the brake pedal in the peg area without serious mods. I've been flirting with the idea on one of my Lonestars, it might work on there without a lot of hassle because of the different peg design.
thanks for the input. Ill just go with a 450r axle, thats no problem. I meant to start a different thread for that but oh well. Thanks for the input on the rear brake setup. Ill go back with the 250r setup which is good enough for rear brakes. Does a 450r brake caliper use the same line as the 250r?