PDA

View Full Version : Carb problem

Sweendogie
05-11-2009, 10:43 PM
ok my bike has always ran awesome but it had the low end bog issue so i bought a quickshot accelerator pump cover, i installed it and my quad would not run unless i i gave it throttle..... when it did start it reved a bit high and it would not idle at all so i put the stock cover back on...... well i still have the issue and i have no idea whats wrong... im guessing a hose came undone or something but i have no idea where to look any suggestions this is really bugging the piss out of me any help is appreciated thanks

also the clamp that connected the carb had a stripped bold on it so i couldnt tighten it all the way could that be my problem?

Gommer450r
05-12-2009, 09:11 AM
what clamp
what hose

Ryan
05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
If you have a clamp loose on one of the carb boots, it very well could be taking in air, thus making it lean. Pull it all apart, look over everything, and get a new clamp.

The quickshot should definitly fix that low end bog, or make it nearly unnoticeable. But first get it running right with the stock cover on. If your running the stock jetting, your probably gonna have to rejet after you put the boyseen on.

Sweendogie
05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
still wont run right got a new bolt for the clamp i put the stock cover on and it still wont run... it will start if i push in the throttle a bit but if i let off once its started it dies... im completely stumped heres a video of me trying to start it

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i17.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/sweendogie/0512091815.flv">

Gommer450r
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM
look at your throttle cable goin into the carb i just had that problem i had to tightin it right up then it started
or look at your idle ajustment

Sweendogie
05-12-2009, 04:39 PM
how do you tighten it up? is that the cable that connects into the left side of the carb with a boot?

Gommer450r
05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
yeah just pull the boot off it then should be an ajustment mine had to be all the way in i dunno if it is supposed to but thats what my bike was doing only run if ya held the throttle a bit then let go and it shut off and looked there and it was loose so i tightin it right up and bam started on its own

or twist your idle clockwize a few turns and see if that works as well mine also did that another time

Sweendogie
05-12-2009, 04:59 PM
ya the cables all the way in and i messed around with the timing still didnt help...

Gommer450r
05-12-2009, 05:01 PM
and ya cleaned all your jets really good?
other than that its above my head just new to 450s as well

Sweendogie
05-12-2009, 06:14 PM
not yet im kind of afraid to take the carb apart... ive never cleaned a carb before in my life but ill try if that doesnt work ill just take it to a dealership

Gommer450r
05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
its pretty easy work i find the hardest thing is unhookin the throttle cable lol its all a joke inside all your jets are screwed in till there snug only one u have that a set is your fuel air mixture screw besides that its a joke
look up threads on cleanin or even youtube prolly some vids on there to do it

Sweendogie
05-13-2009, 02:09 PM
ok cleaned all the jets out still runs like crap im lost.... it ran perfect other than the bog before i took the pump cover off... all i did was take off the cover and put the new one on and it wouldnt run.... i even put the stock one back on and it still wouldnt rub unless i hold the throttle in...

Sweendogie
05-13-2009, 07:52 PM
alright so it runs when i turn the idle all the way up does that mean anything?