PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop QuadMax MX??

bbender85
05-11-2009, 09:46 PM
i turn up minimal results in searching for talk of the dunlop quadmax mx radials..... anyone have any feedback on these tires?? particularly rears.

bbender85
05-14-2009, 10:26 AM
wow, really, no one?

BikeSwimLaugh
05-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Ask about ITP or Maxxis and you'll get a response, otherwise it seems other manufacturers are just not on the rack.

I'm also looking for tires, think I'll do I-Razr's on the rear and Razr2's on the front...just heard too many people swear by 'em. Anything else is, well...anything else.

Scro
05-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Dunlop's are a relatively new quad tire. Not many people use them.

BikeSwimLaugh
05-14-2009, 02:30 PM
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/ATV-Tires/Dunlop-Quadmax-Sport-PR.htm

Sounds pretty darn impressive, but the tire sizes pretty much keep it track-only. Gotta love the evolving technology! :D

motofreak2772
05-14-2009, 04:18 PM
eww... why would I want to buy stock tires?? lol

jk they probably have other tires for sale. Dont they make the tires for all the stock quads? I dont know what you mean "evoloving technology"? Its just a tire.

BikeSwimLaugh
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
I dont know what you mean "evoloving technology"? Its just a tire.

Read the article I posted the link to....Dunlop innovated a few new concepts to this tire. The radial design, composition and lay-out is unique. They used multi composition rubber for sidewalls & tread knob. Aka, technology...something they like to hype. :D

bbender85
06-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by BikeSwimLaugh
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/ATV-Tires/Dunlop-Quadmax-Sport-PR.htm

Sounds pretty darn impressive, but the tire sizes pretty much keep it track-only. Gotta love the evolving technology! :D

those aren't the actual tires i am talking about tho; it's confusing 'cuz what results i do turn up, half the pics are of whats in your link, and half are the ones i'm talking about;

http://www.atvriders.com/images/dunlop/dunlop-quadmax-sport-atv-tires.jpg

kbass24emtp
06-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Dunlop's are a relatively new quad tire. Not many people use them.

Dunlop has been making quad tires for a long time. They use to come stock on the Blaster and Banshee back in the day.

heartattack01
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
What's messing you up is the fact that when Dunlop first came out with the tires for the LTR they tried marketing them as aftermarket. The only difference was that they said Quadmaxx and it and the Dunlop logo were painted yellow. That fell through after the first year so they came out with the new tires that look like ITP MXR-6's with offset lugs. My cousin is sponsored by them and though we're both avid ITP fans, after using the Quadmaxx MX tires he refuses to go back. For anyone wondering how they are, if you've ever used either MXR-4's or 6's, they're similar but BETTER! I took my cousins race quad which happens to be a completely decked out LTR with the Yoshimura stage 3 motor kit and I couldn't believe the traction. They're better handling than holeshots because of the fact that they're radial and they're 100% better in the corners because of the fact that the side lugs are HUGE. I know a lot of you are skeptical because they're Dunlop so you don't see them as up to snuff with the likes of ITP, Maxxis or Kenda. You couldn't be more wrong, they are so much more than OEM tires. Remember, Joe Byrd has been running them all year and look at his standings. They work. Also another rider in my series, the New England ATV-MX series, named Mike Pilotte runs them on his Honda in the pro class and he loves them. This kid is only 19 and week after week he's been out in front of the likes of Joe Haavisto, Josh Creamer, Rocco Arno, Jasmin Plante and Aaron Meyer. Do yourselves a favor and try these tires I PROMISE you won't be disappointed.

bbender85
06-09-2009, 04:35 AM
thank you, that's exactly what i was looking for.

now i've been running razr mx's with no complaints; is this still a smart move? have you ridden the razr's? it goes back to the "ain't broke, don't fix it" concept for me, but i am really considering the dunlops, especially after your review.

heartattack01
06-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by bbender85
thank you, that's exactly what i was looking for.

now i've been running razr mx's with no complaints; is this still a smart move? have you ridden the razr's? it goes back to the "ain't broke, don't fix it" concept for me, but i am really considering the dunlops, especially after your review.

I've used the Razr MX's on and off over the past 3 years. I'm actually running them on my quad now. They're great tires and many of my good friends that are way better riders than me love them, but for me I'm not a fan of them. I prefer to run really high tire pressures because of the fact that I corner real hard and I prefer to flat track a corner over railing the berms. Corners and the rough stuff are where the Quadmax's shine. For that kind of riding the Razr's just aren't any good in my opinion because unless you run your pressure kind of low the tires start ballooning and there goes your traction. My personal preference has always been the ITP Quadcross MX Pro and my cousin has always been an advocate for MXR-6's because they always maintain a flat profile. These new Dunlops are definitely not a flop though. Look at the specs and the technology that's used and then you look at the price. This is a tire that's flying below the radar only because of it's name. Throw these on and chew some dirt and you'll never want to go back.

mxduner
06-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I've always wondered in the past why dunlop never made anything but stock like tires, perhaps times are a changing.

they make great tires for bikes...

How do these tires fair in sandy tracks as opposed to hard pack and intermediate tracks?

heartattack01
06-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Well we just went to Southwick which is ALL sand. He ended up getting top 5 in both A classes which is incredibly impressive considering they didn't allow us to practice. He said they handled great and traction wasn't a problem.