PDA

View Full Version : won't start, need some ideas

jas250r
05-11-2009, 08:57 PM
04 totally stock motor, rolls over good, has spark, changed plug, checked timing and valves, timing is dead on, and valves are within spec. i have been checking all the electrical and everything seems to check out. next i will check the flywheel key, leak down test on intake side? pull starts easy and runs good. you get a little poping when trying to electric start. i'am out of ideas. the valve clearance on the exhaust side is 9 thousandths on both valves. intake is 2 at 4 thou easily, and 1 at 5 thous. i don't want to pull the head off, but that's what i'am working towards. Anyone have some suggestions please post, thanks guys.

i've did a sh** ton of search on here and yfztech

h&h
05-12-2009, 03:57 PM
unplug the throttle plug and try that, or try unplugging the one on the clutch and making it a loop and that might help ya

jas250r
05-12-2009, 04:18 PM
that would elminate the tors right? it has a elminator kit for that. had a motion pro twist kit when i bought it. i pulled the top end off and did a leak test on the valves. both sides checked out perfect. but the rings i believe are hella shot! top compression ring gap was 22thou and the 2nd ring was bigger than the feeler gauge went, stops at 25thou and that fit real loose. i cAN'T BELIEVE THIS THING WOULD EVEN PULL START! so now i'am going to order a venom 12.25 piston and what about gaskets? just order stock?

h&h
05-12-2009, 04:25 PM
yea or depends on what u want on comp. and then i could sell u whateva gasket u want :)