PDA

View Full Version : I am really stuck here...

honda rider118
05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Well first off, I'm 14, I ride alot but now I think I wanna go 2 stroke. I just like that power taking off and the speed. So if anyone could give me some info on what I should get? Like the 250r or banshee or blaster... Once again im 14 and i am a good rider. ;)

redracing88
05-11-2009, 10:23 PM
well you came into a 250r thread soo what do you expect us to say? i would say yea go ahead and get a 250 but you better be a good mechanic because unless its stock or the motors not modified your gonna be jetting it all the time unless you get a bigger carb... but anywayse yea go ahead and get a 250 theyre fast fun and hard to come by. good luck and happy riding!

All250R
05-11-2009, 11:30 PM
lol. not a very good sales pitch!

Jetting on the stock carb shouldn't be any more difficult than a larger carb even if the motor is modified. Some motors are built more aggressive in certain parts of the rpm range than other but that doesn't necessarily make it hard to find a consistent jetting baseline.

Highly modified motors with large ports or high compression can use piston and rings faster, but you don't have to buy a motor like that. There are plenty of modest or even stock builds out there that you can find if you take your time and look for a decent deal. The stock motor if you get one like that will last a long, long time once the maintenance work has been done. The stock configuration is very mellow and build for almost 4stroke-like reliability (traditional, not formula1 450 reliability).

Take your time and look for the one you want. Realize that up front you should go through the maintenance items and make your offer to buy accordingly. Plastics are one of the highest costs for restoring the TRX if it's a little weather worn, so if you find one with nice plastics and want a decent looking R, that's something to consider.

Honda 250r 001
05-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Start on a blaster. Easy to work on and when you eff it up. which we all have a time or two as beginners, it will be very cheap any easy to fix.

But if your dead set on a bigger machine.

Get a trx 250r. The banshee is fast, but it doesnt jump or corner as well as the 250r. the 250r is also a very light machine and has a TON of upgrades you can choose from. From what i can tell, the banshee's frame compares to the warriors, which is a DOG in my oppinion.

the weak spots on the 250r.
The frame, its square tubed and it will crack faster than the banshee frame. But you will be fine with the stocker unless your hitting 100 foot table tops and motocrossing it like your a pro.

Front shocks are also pretty crappy. There not rebuildable, and the bottom out easily. but as i said, not that bad unless your hitting 100 foot table tops.

I hope this helps.