PDA

View Full Version : What Happens In The Garage?

tyler70t
05-11-2009, 07:11 PM
How many of you guys have spent hours out in the garage with every intention of getting a bunch of stuff done on these minis and @ the end of the night wonder what you actually did all night? At least i lubed the chain, that's about all I can say i accomplished tonight....HMMM???

dblacks
05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
lets see, I took the clutch cover off, adjusted the clutching tested it and then I did it again and again and again and again......2 hours later it still isnt right

:mad:

dericsdad
05-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Yep... I usually start one project on the bike, then get distracted by another I dea I have for the bike... and about midnight I wave the white flag and go to bed.

Then usually every friday night before a race i stay up until about 1 or 2 in the morning getting the bike finished up.

My wife has complained many times that I spend more time with Derics quad then i do with her:D

aaamx
05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
tell me about it ive been building and setting up four minis here in eastern nc and the its always the little things that get me. lol

raidernut
05-11-2009, 09:15 PM
I just recently moved my bed in the garage, so the wife can be closer to me when i work on the bikes. we have the tv in there as well, and i usually just shower in the garage sink:ermm: :chinese:

05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Well I built mine in the house on a new space aged platform LOL. I was as close to her as I could be and when I got tied walked in other room and went to bed LOL. Thats the truth.

riding4fun
05-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by tyler70t
How many of you guys have spent hours out in the garage with every intention of getting a bunch of stuff done on these minis and @ the end of the night wonder what you actually did all night? At least i lubed the chain, that's about all I can say i accomplished tonight....HMMM???

Me too.

Nichols Atvs
05-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Cleaned the garage floor .Tried to organize the tool box ? Some how i ended up with more stuff on the floor after organizing the tool box then i had before i started . Tool box dose not even look any different.:chinese: :chinese:

vindell
05-14-2009, 07:03 PM
LOL, Ive always wondered about the garage!! quite thereputic!!
Time doas seem to fly.

racedad26
05-15-2009, 06:22 AM
By some of the spelling in these posts it sems like most of the guys are like myself and my buddies, drink a beverage work on quad drink, shine something, drink, fix something small, drink. so ill do it tomorrow and drink again. Then like it was posted earlier stay up til dawn the nite befor the race fixin it right to go have the fun of wtchin the kids thrash them so we can do it again the next week. mini dads garage such a great oasis.

dericsdad
05-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Did it again last night! Out in the garage working on the mini, checked the clock, it was 10. Figured I'd just put the new chain on quick and adjust the loose/rattling brake levers... next thing i know it's almost 1 am!!! Boy was i tires this morning! Now I'm out getting everything loaded up in the trailer. I'm sure I'll get caught up in the "MINIQUAD ZONE" again tonight!

Good luck everyone if your racin' this weekend!

Dan

tyler70t
05-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Went out there to check over the quad, nuts and bolts ETC..... Ended up cleaning out tool box, sweeping garage floor, putting tires on bikes that were in my way, putting boxes in the loft....never picked up a wrench but did clean an air filter.....oh well

cik orange
05-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Yall, sound like you got the garage under controll. Now what is going on in the HOUSE. I work in the garage cleaning up the tool box and sweeping the floor. The sink is in the kitchen. That is where the engine gets cleaned by YES ME (mom) Love that kid of mine.:rolleyes: :eek2:

Arctic Cat Dad
05-17-2009, 07:00 AM
At least I'm not alone. :D Wife is giving me Heck. Heck I came home from a National and my Brother-in-law was mowing and weedeating the yard. Cost her 50 bucks she was real happy with that 1.Heck it was the first time it was mowed.:D So we came home from a National last night. She said my car is making a funny noise,could you look at it. I told her to take it to my buddys shop. She got mad as hell. She said she was going to put an APEX sticker on the side of her car and I'd have it fixed in no time. You can spend everynite fixin his mini and you can't fix my car. My reply was the mini comes first.:devil: Needless to say she isn't happy with me.And I'm not gonna have time for her car either.Because we blew a cluth and have a belt blowing problem so it looks like more time in the shop!

dericsdad
05-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Hard to balance the Wife time, with the mini time! But you gotta learn how...

I'm very lucky I guess... my wife finally started to come to all the races last year, and she found out how fun it is:D

now she doesn't seem to mind how much time i spend in the garage. As long as I get some stuff around the house done.

Got a riding mower, so now the kids can mow most of the yard.

Bill Lemans
05-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Got a riding mower, so now the kids can mow most of the yard.

Gotta chuckle on that one.......Zach rode the mower last night while i got his clutches, intake, and cylinder put on:D

He usually does it with me but I had to modify the artinerary:devil: ....just not enough time in the day

Waiting for powdercoat to get back and then we'll go into to full "neglect the house chores mode":eek2:

hotquads1
05-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Your not supposed to tell, sorta like Las Vegas , what happens in the garage stays in the garage!
marc

dericsdad
05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
But marc, This is a place for those of us that are worried we might have a problem:devil:

Sort of like a "Miniquadaholics Anonymous" Thread:D

hotquads1
05-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I understand, but those type problems are good for business and I intend to support those which deal with such issues , the only relief for a miniquadaholic is to order more cool parts !

dericsdad
05-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Okey! Okey!

You are right Marc, I can't resist the temptation!

I must once again feed my addiction:D

I will send you an email with the new cool parts I
MUST have. I have a long weekend coming up and I
Plan on spending it in the garage getting ready for our
next race.

Bill Lemans
05-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Yup. It's a 12 step program........12 steps downstairs to the workshop and the healing begins:D

vindell
05-19-2009, 07:04 PM
LOL, recovering addict, the twelve step thing work's !!!!!!!!

tyler70t
05-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Well, I spent almost 3 hours out there today, and I got the tranny fluid changed and spent an hour and a half cleaning each link of the chain and making sure none of the links were binding up...Anyone have tricks on cleaning a chain? Now it's time to make sure I have everything together for 3 days of racing........

woodsracer144
06-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by tyler70t

i would happen to say that this happens with me on any quad... the other night me and a few friends were gonna do some work on my r and we ended up sittin around BSin the whole night and havin a few cold ones...

nordic quad
06-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Shot a vid or two while working on the quads,it was late night tired man talking and angry wife on phone.:D
(No really she was cool about it altough i was not home before after midnight.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-m7TKaAKgk&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6B87EMcYMw&feature=channel